Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

Just now, Bonez3 said:

Smith is better than Cousins.

70 mil over 4 years is high (Hopefully 23.5 in first year, making remianing contract even cheaper), but still 15-20 mil less than what Cousins will be getting in that same period. 

Please be S'ua leaving.

I like the move if only a 3rd rounder.

Alex Smith is an ok quarterback but he is inferior to Kirk

2 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Smith is better than Cousins.

70 mil over 4 years is high (Hopefully 23.5 in first year, making remianing contract even cheaper), but still 15-20 mil less than what Cousins will be getting in that same period. 

Please be S'ua leaving.

I like the move if only a 3rd rounder.

Alex Smith is cheaper.  Kirk is younger and better.  

Give up on our first franchise quarterback in decades for a guy who's almost done, and VASTLY overpay him in the process.  We don't have the running game to support a statue like Smith.  And then we give up a third, too?!  AND A GOD DAMNED PLAYER?!?!?!

Very reactionary prediction for the season: 5-11.  Back to the drawing board.

I can't ****ing believe this.

EDIT:  HE's not a statue, I'm just very tired and angry.

I expect Jay to be prostituted as the face of this move. Kirk will be vilified. “We tried, but he doesn’t want to be here, the ahole”. It’s how they roll. 

This is neither Alex Smith’s fault, nor Jay’s. But both will likely receive the brunt of the criticism should this fail. Or at least that’s how they’ll try to sell it. 

I’m interested if Bruce, or Dan since this has him written all over it (quick fix central), comes out of hiding and owns this. 

All we can do is hope and pray it works out.

It’s just so frustrating to end up giving up ANYTHING for another QB after we spent over $44 million and a ton of time developing our own guy, and then signing said QB to a hefty deal himself.

Maddening and a complete failure in terms of the most basic economic and organizational principles. 

We just gained a system QB who isn't capable of carrying the team with his arm, in a pass heavy offense. Who is a notorious dink and dunker, on the back end of his career, who resembles more of a polished yet declining Jason Campbell than anything else.

Oh and in order to get this we handed them a player, a 2nd round pick, and off-set our cash for this position by gaining only $943,000.

We just got raped by Andy Reid and if we do not draft a QB in the 1st round, will be using the later rounds to find someone to develop. 

Meanwhile, a QB in his prime is about to enter the Free Agent market in a move not seen in the NFL market in a very long time.

Archived