Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Smith Trade Thread (Details Inside)

CRobi21

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

4 years (reportedly) and we don’t know the structure. Most likely in reality we can get out after 2 years.

But let’s wait for details before anyone lights fireworks or jumps off a bridge.

The structure is spread equally over four years.   The signing bonus of $18 million is NOT ours to pay I don't think.   So, in theory we're only on the hook for $50 million over four years.   But not sure on that.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

A player being involved in the trade seems to not be 100%.  Some reports say the last they heard the price was just a 2nd rounder.  Other reports say it includes a player.  I'd sure like to know which is true.

I realise this will never happen - but how about we wait and find out and THEN hyperventilate?

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Why do we continually agree to shoot ourselves in the foot?

Rest of the league: "I'm going to set a gun on the table...

Redskins FO: "Can I shoot myself in the foot with it?" 

Rest of the league: "Well, you could, but I'm just setting it down for second..."

Redskins FO: "Can I touch it?" 

Rest of the league: "I mean, I guess, but don't... OH DEAR GOD!" 

This sums up the Snyder ownership perfectly.

Can't trust this FO to do anything worth believing in.  AS will not see the end of this contract.  I can't seem to understand why losing Kirk is an acceptable option for this organization.  This puts more pressure on the scouting dept. for a good draft.  Give Andy Reid credit he certainly knows how to take advantage of the Redskins. 

Called it as soon as Chiefs season ended. Good decision. We all needed this to end.

The Second is steep but if extension is significantly less then Cousins worth it. If they are smart about it they can still get a third round pick for Cousins next draft. Means reupping Breeland and Preston this year with free agent money and not going free agent shopping. Also could signal a trade has been agreed to with Kirk Cousins and they still get compensated for not matching a deal. Happy this is over. Welcome Alex

13 minutes ago, kiingspadee said:

We save a lot of money in the cap and can get better all over the place

$7M, if that's the number, gets you one average veteran FA. That's it. That's not worth the 2nd round player and his cheap contract. And it's not worth gettinf 5 years older. 

Jay and Bruce are scrambling to win some games knowing Kirk was gone.

1 minute ago, Art said:

The structure is spread equally over four years.   The signing bonus of $18 million is NOT ours to pay I don't think.   So, in theory we're only on the hook for $50 million over four years.   But not sure on that.

But if we're not on the hook for the signing bonus, then we can walk away any time we want without a cap hit, right?

Year 3, we've got somebody better lined up, you simply cut him and move on, no?

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Theyve typically had a good defense during Smith’s time there and still have a good amount  of talent on that side of the ball

In his six years they've been 28, 24, 24 and 20 in four of the six.   They were top 10 twice.   Try again?

Archived