Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

We used to suck at mid-round OL. Long was okay but not great, 3rd round price tag. Missed on Kiandjaio but he fell to the 4th for question marks. Hit on Moses. Hit on Roullier. Hit on Scherff (easy, but not a mid-rounder).

I like our chances of getting solid depth there in the 4th, 5th, 6th or even 7th. But we'd still need someone to come in to start until they're ready to pay in 1-2 years. Earlier you draft them the more ready I'd expect them to be BUT, wouldn't bank on a rookie at LG unless its a 1st or 2nd rounder, TBH.

Still need that vet presence to be the back-up plan in the meantime.

Assuming it's a 3 year for sure with a likely 4th year deal. And honestly ifhe's above average, whatever Year 5 is will probably be worth it given the inflatng contracts! If I had to bed I'd say:

Year 1 $5m cap hit ($4m Guarantee)

Year 2: $6m cap hit ($5m Guarantee)

Year 3: $9m cap hit ($7m Guarantee)

Year 4: $10m cap hit ($3m Guarantee)

Year 5: $10m cap hit ($1m Guarantee)

If he absolutely sucks, cut him after Year 3 take a $4m hit but free up $6m in 2021 and $10m off the 2022 cap

15 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I think the Paul deal is fine. In the current market is pretty okay. I like it a lot because he is good at working with a QB that goes off-script...that fits Alex Smith. Also good addition to our current WR group. 

*Let me just out this right here...

30 minutes ago, Unbias said:

I was a big Paul Richardson fan when he was coming out of Colorado. Explosive athlete who adjusts well to the ball when it's in the air. I think he'll be like a Desean for us, which was missed last year. 

One thing about Richardson is he will drop some balls. And easy ones at that. Then the next play he will make some kind of ridiculous circus catch. I like the signing. But he wasnt cheap. Here is a pretty good breakdown of his weaknesses and strengths. Solid video IMO:

Edit: Check out the play at 7:07 in this video. It is exactly what you will be seeing with Smith and Richardson. Of schedule comebacks will be a big part of our offense now. 

18 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I think Roullier is a starter considering he was a rookie last year and is ascending.  He put some good stuff on tape when he got in the lineup.  Agree Arie is a backup at best but there is some sense that Nysheke is going to start at LG for us this year.

That leaves us paper thin like last year.

Injury to LT or RT = TJ Clemmings coming in

RG/LG = Arie coming in

C = tbd

I liked the luxury of having Ty come off the bench but we cant afford luxuries I suppose. 

14 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I don't like the numbers, 8 Average Per Year makes him the 22nd highest paid WR in the league. With that said, Welcome to the Redskins Paul Richardson. Tip of my hat to Paradise, all over this one since the beginning. Bravo Sir, nice call :cheers:

The issue too is he did not get enough targets.   But every time he touched the ball things happened.  He is a great signing for the Skins.  Guy know how to track a ball, separate and now he will get more looks.  AND we did not break the bank.

3 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

That leaves us paper thin like last year.

Injury to LT or RT = TJ Clemmings coming in

RG/LG = Arie coming in

C = tbd

I liked the luxury of having Ty come off the bench but we cant afford luxuries I suppose. 

We tendered Ty..

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Roullier is starting. I could see another mid-round G since they have had success there. I've been thinking a college OT converted to OG who can go back to OT for depth. But I do expect us to bring someone in FA, like a Jonathan Cooper for $3-4m a year. Then draft someone to take over in a year or two.

I'm not concerned with C, I am with LG, but trust the process of filling it in time.

I really don't see how another LG could be worth any less than Luavao. Very happy to see him take a hike. Barring his replacement being a 275 lb late-7th rounder, I'll consider the OL upgraded.

In regard to the Richardson deal, I'm optimistic. I liked the Pryor signing, I was wrong. I didn't like the Garcon signing, I was wrong. I don't like the Richardson signing, so here's to me being wrong again :hitfan:

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

One thing about Richardson is he will drop some balls. And easy ones at that. Then the next play he will make some kind of ridiculous circus catch. I like the signing. But he wasnt cheap. Here is a pretty god breakdown of his weaknesses and strengths. 

I must be honest. I had same issue when playing Lacrosse. I would drop some easy passes and catch all kind of crazy passes. We found out that does circus catches where just quick reactions. You have no time to think, you just make the reaction "catch the ball". Easy passes, you lose some focus and already think about your next move. It's a mental thing. Mental things can be coached. In this case it's just complete task one (catch) before going too task two (running). 

42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Even after we took Sprinkle last year? The guy to get is the TE from Penn State....tall guy with freakish vertical jump. 

Mike Gesicki.  Man was he frustrating his first year, it seemed like he dropped every pass thrown his way, but boy did he ever turn it around.

Kid is ridiculous.  He's something like 6'6" and can jump out of the stadium, then he goes and runs something like a 4.5 40 yard dash at the combine.  The one knock on him is that he can't block for ****, but I can't imagine that whoever drafts him, really has that in mind.

11 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

So, at this point, if we sign Richardson for the reported deal, if we signed Wilkerson for $10 mill per, and resigned Murphy for $6.5 mill per, we would have $13 million left in cap space.

Where are you getting those numbers? I'm pretty sure that after the Alex Smith deal was processed, we were left with $23.1M... I like yours better

Just now, OVCChairman said:

We tendered Ty..

Yes and it seems he will be our starting LG. Im conflicted, Id like to see a vet like Ty get a chance to start (hes earned it) but I think he just might be too tall to get low, get moved around and just not a good fit for interior. We'll see how it plays out. 

I was talking and being worried about depth. I liked the luxury of Ty being backup to Trent and Moses.  

Archived