Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

27 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Bradham was integral to the Eagles' Super Bowl-winning defense, emerging not just as one of the most respected leaders on the team, but stepping up and calling out the signals of the defense after middle linebacker Jordan Hicks tore his achilles tendon in Week 7, and doing so from the SAM spot. 

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/03/source_8-10_teams_interested_in_eagles_nigel_bradham.html

8-10 teams in the mix .... 

Yeah I am a big Bradham guy, mentioned him earlier today as the guy I'd want if Zach isn't back.  He would be a unique MLB for this team -- a guy who actually is good in coverage.  Even London Fletcher wasn't a good coverage guy.  Though I am reading a lot of teams are in on him -- that usually spells he's headed elsewhere.  But will see.

14 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I thought the Redskins were gonna be agressive? looks like they are doing the same thing as last year..

I checked last years signings.  Looks like on the equivalent of today last year they signed McClain and Swearinger.  So maybe we get some action today if the past is prologue. 

Not to jinx it but none of the guys I wanted-expected as possibilities are off the market, yet :)

So far the 'Skins front office seem to be approaching free agency as if they feel the team is still enough players away from being a contender that they don't want to hand out big contracts for a couple pieces of the puzzle unless they are really the ideal player they are looking for.  Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

So far the 'Skins front office seem to be approaching free agency as if they feel the team is still enough players away from being a contender that they don't want to hand out big contracts for a couple pieces of the puzzle unless they are really the ideal player they are looking for.  Not a bad idea if you ask me.

Yep. The only positive you can say about Bruce is he isnt going to get suckered by aging vets agents. Well at least not up to now. Lets see how bad DRC sticks it to us. :)

looks like Kirk to Minny I presume at 28 mill a year

\

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

Kirk Cousins is likely to sign with the Minnesota Vikings, per sources. “No final decisions have been made,” Cousins’ agent Mike McCartney said today. “The plan is to visit Minnesota first. That’s all we can say right now.”

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

See. I think its more of the tradeoff question where they're confident in the talent they have as opposed to who is already here. At WR, I don't see much improvement in terms of the guys who got signed to massive deals and the potential we have (as well as in the draft). There are some holes at ILB and there are some upgrades at DT but otherwise I see a lot of musical chairs going on.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wow. The TE market has gone bonkers as well. So much for trying to cut Reed and save a few bucks. He is worth his cap hit even if he only plays 8 games. Crazy:

I made this comment 2 pages ago, that I wanted as many sons as possible...so they could become QB´s in the NFL and I can quite working in my 50s. I will change that statement into: I want as many sons as possible, so they can play in the NFL. Everybody gets paid!!!!

Fun fact. Did you know that both Jordan Reed and Trey Burton where recruited as QB's for Florida Gators but switched to TE/WR/FB. Man does Florida teams where loaded with O weapons.

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

This is not a negotiation period, regardless of what they tell you... this is a "scramble and hit them with your best shot to prevent a negotiation" period.  

But the key difference between now and before is that at least other teams can't say they didn't have a chance to offer a contract to the guy. With Haynesworth it was so obvious that we had colluded and those kind of things probably upset other teams. Today a team could come in and say to Robinson, "Hey we just lost our number 1 guy for the season. I know you've agreed to that contract but we're willing to double the guaranteed money, u interested? "

By the way some of these contracts really show the ''contract inflation''. The deal you sign will look good today, but four years from now you will be paid league average. The cap and salary's just rise so fast. If I was an NFL agent (and I should be!), I would let my guys only sign short deals. Two or three years deals and then hit FA again, so you can get a new contract that is again top of the NFL. 

If any player reads this. Give me a call. I also heard that the taxes in the Netherlands are lower then in US, so hiring me is the best idea ever (don't be mad at me when I **** up your contract because I made some spelling mistakes). 

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. The only positive you can say about Bruce is he isnt going to get suckered by aging vets agents. Well at least not up to now. Lets see how bad DRC sticks it to us. :)

One big problem (or maybe the only blessing?) with Bruce is that he is sort of the anti-Vinny when it comes to money.  While Vinny was consistently overpaying the market, Bruce consistently tries to underpay.  Well, if you can get away with underpaying the market, great!  But what happens to Bruce is that he seems to panic at some point.

So explain to me why we aren't paying Kirk 28 million a year when we aren't using the money we saved from him? I mean don't get me wrong I called the alex smith trade week 3 and it makes sense, but man we're missing a lot of pieces. Not to mention we're sending one of our better draft picks away to KC. Not sure what the plan is but it's not like we've got 12 picks in he draft either. 

Eagles are going to destroy the NFC East again next year.

Just listened to a podcast from Finlay-Tandler.  Tandler goes they have to something at receiver.  Richardson is the top target. Finlay kicks in that Jay wanted to keep D Jax last off season but the FO didn't oblige.  But they are looking for speed at WR position. 

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
Kirk Cousins plans to sign a three-year, fully-guaranteed contract from the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday, sources tell ESPN.
1 reply1 retweet0 likes

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

So explain to me why we aren't paying Kirk 28 million a year when we aren't using the money we saved from him? I mean don't get me wrong I called the alex smith trade week 3 and it makes sense, but man we're missing a lot of pieces. Not to mention we're sending one of our better draft picks away to KC. Not sure what the plan is but it's not like we've got 12 picks in he draft either. 

How much of the 28 mil is going towards Alex Smith? Around 23, so we have 5 mil left?:P

For that money we can sign....cornerback Brandon Carr type of players (just signed for 4.5 in Chicago I think)

Damm I missed that Eagles signed Ngata. A one year deal. Good for them. They kinda keep signing these veterans to make a run again. Don't care to much about the long run because they know they need to blow up there team when Wentz his rookie contract expires. Maximum win now mode. 

15 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

But the key difference between now and before is that at least other teams can't say they didn't have a chance to offer a contract to the guy. With Haynesworth it was so obvious that we had colluded and those kind of things probably upset other teams. Today a team could come in and say to Robinson, "Hey we just lost our number 1 guy for the season. I know you've agreed to that contract but we're willing to double the guaranteed money, u interested? "

I know, it was more tongue in cheek... that the NFL is selling this as a negotiation period but instead its just a panic mode lol. 

Listening to Cooley and Kevin this morning after Rap twitter came out with Alex Smith contract details.  They are in wait and see because its confusing with what was written.  They suspect its the $17 mil as thought this year and then a probable average of $22 mil per year with the extension.

We shall see.... 

11 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The players that have moved so far have gone for stupid money, if teams want to pay WR'S coming off a full season on IR(Robinson) and another one Watkins(slightly above average) 14m and 16m a year respectively then more fool them. 

HTTR 

Paul Richardson is the one WR I would be ok with "overpaying" in this market.  His skill set is something our WR core is missing.  He will bring that element of speed that left when D-Jax left. He is also only 25 (maybe 26 by the start of the season?) so he is still in his prime.

Archived