Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Gibbs watch the vid I posted above. I think we signed a guy coming into his prime for well below what some of the big name guys got. Hell half of what Watkins got. And we have him locked down for 5 years. All 5 of those years before his 30th birthday. I think it is a solid signing. Although you are right about me being a sucker when it comes to the Skins :)

Pryor was coming into his prime as a receiver. How did that work out?

18 minutes ago, KingGibbs said:

Great signing!I'm just glad they didn't sign a guy based on one year of production that has had two ACL tears. LMFAO!

I swear this FO could sign a one legged field goal kicker and some 'skins fans would applaud it. Suckers.

They might have to if they don't get to re-signing Hopkins soon lol

1 minute ago, KingGibbs said:

Pryor was coming into his prime as a receiver. How did that work out?

Pryor was an experiment signed to a 1 year prove it deal. It was low risk-high reward.  There is a reason he couldn't get a long term deal from any team including this one.

Not sure I see the comparison between the two as valid.

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Albert Wilson is getting about 8 mil/yr too, over 3 years.............the top two WRs on the market (Watkins and Robinson) got 16 and 14 mil/yr over 3 years.  I think it was a good signing.  

If they paid P_Rich what Albert Wilson gets paid they did a very good job signing P_Rich. I did not know that about Wilson. Rather have Rich every day over Wilson. I get your point now

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Pryor was an experiment signed to a 1 year prove it deal. It was low risk-high reward.  There is a reason he couldn't get a long term deal from any team including this one.

Technically the Brown eyes offered him an 8 mill average over 4 season deal before he came here. Pryor wanted 10+ AVP so he took our one year offer. 

While we are on this topic why the hell did the Redskins not trade him last October? 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/11/browns-tried-to-trade-for-terrelle-pryor

I missed this last season. Can someone talk me up about this please and explain if they ever said why they refused to give him up? If he leaves this year wtf were they thinking?

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Not sure I see the comparison between the two as valid.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Prior was learning to play receiver bruh and we knew that and did it anyway 

1 minute ago, SprintBomb said:

Can't compare the two. Pryor was learning the position.

I understand your points but I would advise you to go back to the free agent thread last year.  Or the welcome pryor thread.  The dude was very, very highly praised by many as the next big thing.  Not saying you guys did that, just saying it was more likely the norm that it was a positive move. I think that's the comparison, not necessarily that they are similar players...

I almost feel like there's a glut at QB all of a sudden.  Rumors of 6 first round QBs,  Combined with potential starters like AJ McCarren.  Some of these guys are going to have to sign some place and compete instead of being named the top guy

DRC signing with us would be solid. Norman, DRC, Moreau and Dunbar would be a steady group of DBs. He’s   no spring chicken but some more Vet presence could help Nicholson and Moreau develop. He’s still a playmaker, crushed our playoff hopes in 2016.

7 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

I understand your points but I would advise you to go back to the free agent thread last year.  Or the welcome pryor thread.  The dude was very, very highly praised by many as the next big thing.  Not saying you guys did that, just saying it was more likely the norm that it was a positive move. I think that's the comparison, not necessarily that they are similar players...

If you ask me, the main reason I am happy with the Richardson signing is because he is being brought in to do what he already does best, offer speed on the outside, which opens up things underneath for the slot and tight ends.  Too many times in the past this organization has signed WR's that excelled at a specific skill set and were expected to alter their game as a member of this team.  He isn't being brought in to transform the WR core.  He isn't being brought in to carry the load.  He is here to do what he has proven he can do.

When Pryor was brought in, it was on the heels of losing Jackson & Garcon in a single offseason. Pryor was looked at with all his potential upside being a foregone conclusion due to his numbers as a WR on the Browns.  The Redskins needed him to be something he wasn't.  

19 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

That's great and all except

1. Until he shows it, P_Rich has a very long way to go to becoming Desean Jackson. They aren't the same guys

2. 4 years ago 8 million got you more then it gets you now

Now please don't make me out to be some poopooer of this deal. I'm hopeful for it not against it but I will always speak my truth and opinion. Do I think P_Rich is the 22nd best receiver in the game today? No I don't, so me saying I don't like the contract number is why I said that. I know this is going to be a sellers market and the buyers are all going to overpay, doesn't mean I'm against the deal or hate the man or anything. Welcome to the Redskins P_Rich :cheers:

A ton of the cheaper guys you'd prefer above Richardson are probably on their cheap rookie deals, and don't qualify to be anywhere near the top 25 in terms of cost. 

I bet comparing him only to the other vets on 2nd or 3rd contracts you'd feel better. 

16 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Technically the Brown eyes offered him an 8 mill average over 4 season deal before he came here. Pryor wanted 10+ AVP so he took our one year offer. 

While we are on this topic why the hell did the Redskins not trade him last October? 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/11/browns-tried-to-trade-for-terrelle-pryor

I missed this last season. Can someone talk me up about this please and explain if they ever said why they refused to give him up? If he leaves this year wtf were they thinking?

maybe they knew he wouldn't pass the physical and knew it wasn't worth the effort.  Maybe they thought he could heal up and do things okay in the last few weeks

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Why would they go this route instead of taking a chance on Bridgewater? I wonder if Teddy's leg is worse than we know. It's not like they are going with a guy with a solid health record :)

Looks like he's signing with the Jets per NFL Network.

Archived