Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Why is it our players are never viewed as good until they hit free agency?

We let 3 players go last year and people griped but none of them had any impact on the teams they played for.

We knew Breeland was most likely gone, he's replaceable and I don't think he's that smart, he reminds me of Dez Bryant.

I think it's the contract that surprises everyone. As it does me 

I mean for that cheap I might have kept him around for depth at least. 

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

We draft develop and send young talent away , Breeland was drafted here and is a damn good no.2 corner how does he not fit the mold of draft and develop in house plus he’s only 26 is that old now?

Because CB is the one position we seem to hit on. We have solid young players ready to take his spot at 1/8 the cost. Lets take advantage of that. 

And FA and the draft hasnt even been completed yet. 

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Quoting myself, real cool, I know. But to add on- would you rather see just about the same CB play, if not better, while saving the $8M on Breeland and using it on a stud DT or keep Breeland and drop our available cap down to $7M?

Great post (And self quote lol) CTskin!

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

I think it's the contract that surprises everyone. As it does me 

I mean for that cheap I might have kept him around for depth at least. 

Its a fair point but I never got the feeling he liked being here based on the stuff he put out on social media.

One point I would like to make. 

Just because a player signs with team X for X amount. Doesn't mean he would have taken the same deal with us. 

Think letting Breeland go is just strategic move. Moreau is not fitted for inside corner. So either Norman or Breeland had to go to let him start. Not huge fan of Breeland as slot corner. 

3 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We draft develop and send young talent away , Breeland was drafted here and is a damn good no.2 corner how does he not fit the mold of draft and develop in house plus he’s only 26 is that old now?

I don't know that that is true. We re-signed Reed, Kerrigan, Williams, Thompson, and a host of others. I think you are suffering from the recency effect which is magnified by the guy who dominates every thread.

Besides, the Redskins have not been that great at drafting or developing players over the last 20 years. How many players left this team and became a superstar or even a star? Pretty darn few.

I'll take DRC to play the slot then take a CB fairly high in the draft. Still holding out hope we get a chance at the Honey Badger to be honest.

If we pick up 2 or 3 players who were released from contracts by their teams, and limit our 'true' FA picks ups, we have a good chance of being in line for a couple of decent comp picks next year. We may well lose a lot of our own FA at this rate.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know that that is true. We re-signed Reed, Kerrigan, Williams, Thompson, and a host of others. I think you are suffering from the recency effect which is magnified by the guy who dominates every thread.

Besides, the Redskins have not been that great at drafting or developing players over the last 20 years. How many players left this team and became a superstar or even a star? Pretty darn few.

Carlos Rodgers Lorenzo Alexander amerson was decent we have a bunch a kickers around the league lol but the biggest one that will sting next feb is cousins when he raises the Lombardi trophy I’m sorry but no teams would have let him go like how we did and the Vikings are gonna be rewarded.

I want Jordy Nelson I don’t care that he’s gonna be 33 the receivers on this team

need veteran leadership and I can trust him to make catch when we need it.

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The Belichick way.

When I read what you quoted me as saying, I questioned what the hell was I thinking. Then I read what I actually said. 

"We draft and develop some guys and they turn out good .. but by the end of their rookie deals they want to get the hell out of DC"

^^ What I actually said. 

Scared me bc I never ever make absolute statements, never. I always include conditions and riders. 

Don't want to go off topic. But in general I like this corner class a lot. So I think you can find players later in the draft. 

I think it's the spread O in college. Teams play 3 or 4 corners on almost every play. So players get on the field early and often in college. Really helps the development. 

1 minute ago, wilco_holland said:

Don't want to go off topic. But in general I like this corner class a lot. So I think you can find players later in the draft. 

I think it's the spread O in college. Teams play 3 or 4 corners on almost every play. So players get on the field early and often in college. Really helps the development. 

Team likes Tony Allen from Bama. Probably a 4th or 5th rounder 

Just now, CjSuAvE22 said:

Carlos Rodgers Lorenzo Alexander amerson was decent we have a bunch a kickers around the league lol but the biggest one that will sting next feb is cousins when he raises the Lombardi trophy I’m sorry but no teams would have let him go like how we did and the Vikings are gonna be rewarded.

Idk if you know any Vikings fans, but they are not happy about this. Half of my family are Vikings fans and they are beside themselves. And my Jet fan friends are relieved that they didn't get stuck with him at that price. Zero Redskins fans will question the poor handling of his contract, but his situation doesn't belong in the same sentence as Alexander, Rodgers, and Amerson. For the record, Alexander went to the Cards and Oakland after DC and didn't do much there. And Amerson was disturbingly bad last year. Rodgers was great for us, just couldn't catch. It's not like he left year and all of the sudden flourished, they just have better stick-um in SF.

Cousins may very well win a trophy next year. He's going to a team that Case Keenum just QBd to the NFC Championship game... that D won't need him to do a whole lot.

39 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Right, my number is what you have Steve... 

$21 - $6 (Richardson avgs $8M/yr, so 6M for year 1 is a fair projection) = $15M ... which is the number I've been throwing around.

And my deal with the FO is that they can can overpay some scrub for $5M like they always feel the need to do as long as they also sign a stud. For all the Suh lovers, he's on his way to NE for a visit...

Sorry thought I saw that number from other folks (not you) prior to the Richardson news.  So we have 29M - 8M for Hopkins/Everett/Rookies so down to 21M - 5M to 6M for Richardson leaves us at 15M-16M.  Let's say 2M for in-season so down to 13M-14M.  So could get:

Mo/Richardson at 7M Cap Hit

DRC at 3M Cap Hit

Bowman at 3M Cap Hit

That uses up what we would have and need.  Now, we can save money by making some cuts (don't have who/what numbers)

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We also have Robert Davis and Mo Harris. I’m sure we’d like to see what they can do. 

My gut says in order to beat the Eagles, you need to score 24 point s minimum, probably 27 or 30. Against a hell of a defense.

Dallas is probably at least 21+. Not as good of a defense.

Call me a massive skeptic, but I just don’t see our group of “weapons” being good enough, regardless if David and Harris contribute.

I also grade both CT and Reed on a curve due to proven unavailability. 

This can ups change if they find a beast of a back in the draft.  But they haven’t shown to be able to do that, and Gruden hadn’t shown an ability for his teams to run the ball either as OC in Cincy or HC here.

I’d like to see them get another proven guy with some more athletic ability...

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
 Disco liked

Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie still at #Redskins Park, per source. That’s a long visit. Certainly seems like a deal could happen.

I'm okay with the player, we need the slot, but it better not be fore $3M+/yr.

Another CB I'm looking at is Delvin Breaux. Killed it two years ago, but then got eaten up by nagging injuries last year. But, if we sign DRC then we need to turn our attention to another position. DT please.

Archived