Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:
 Disco liked

Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie still at #Redskins Park, per source. That’s a long visit. Certainly seems like a deal could happen.

Just been reading that we are pushing to get him signed up, short term solution as slot CB. I mean Vontae Davis picked up 5mil on a one year deal didn't he so I can't see DRC being far from that average per year.

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Cutting Ziggy Hood would save 1.2 million I believe. If we find a NT replacement in the draft i presume 

I'm pretty sure he was rated as bottom two NTs in the league for the past two seasons. I know he's a great locker room leader and I appreciate that, but we need to move on from this guy; the on-field performance is far too big of a liability.

We have to get a DL... Just a matter of who and I'm really curious what their board looks like.

DRC is a nice plug at slot CB.

Bree is addition by subtraction. Given his history of weed use, BS tweets and all around average play. Go draft and cheaper FA and you still probably upgrade 75% of time for wayyyyyyy cheaper.

Draft RB/DB/LB

It’s OK for Cousins to plan to visit Minnesota. It’s not OK for the plans for a visit to be actually made between Cousins and the Vikings. (A league source has confirmed that this rule is still on the books.) That’s one of the weird quirks of the negotiating window, during which teams are allowed to negotiate with a player’s agent, but during which arrangements for visits cannot be made.

If this sounds picky and hypertechnical, consider this: In 2016, the NFL whacked the Chiefs for talking directly to receiver Jeremy Maclin at a time when the Chiefs were permitted to only talk to his agent. And the Chiefs ultimately lost a third-round pick and a sixth-round pick over it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/cousins-agent-acknowledges-plan-to-visit-minnesota-first/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Im kinda confused here. Why could Cromartie or Wilkerson plan and attend a meeting but Cousins couldnt even schedule one during the legal tampering period? I assume bc of the tag, Cousins is a different category of an expiring contract FA? 

How the hell are you guilty of tampering during the "legal tampering" period? 

Most important question, do the skins get awarded the penalty draft picks? 

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

It’s OK for Cousins to plan to visit Minnesota. It’s not OK for the plans for a visit to be actually made between Cousins and the Vikings. (A league source has confirmed that this rule is still on the books.) That’s one of the weird quirks of the negotiating window, during which teams are allowed to negotiate with a player’s agent, but during which arrangements for visits cannot be made.

If this sounds picky and hypertechnical, consider this: In 2016, the NFL whacked the Chiefs for talking directly to receiver Jeremy Maclin at a time when the Chiefs were permitted to only talk to his agent. And the Chiefs ultimately lost a third-round pick and a sixth-round pick over it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/cousins-agent-acknowledges-plan-to-visit-minnesota-first/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Im kinda confused here. Why could Cromartie or Wilkerson plan and attend a meeting but Cousins couldnt even schedule one during the legal tampering period? I assume bc of the tag, Cousins is a different category of an expiring contract FA? 

How the hell are you guilty of tampering during the "legal tampering" period? 

Most important question, do the skins get awarded the penalty draft picks? 

They were cut by their team, and thus instantly available to be signed.

So like I'm sure no one will think this is a good idea and I probably shouldn't post it the way I get heat around here

B......U.......T.......T.............

Jordy Nelson got cut today. Cut players don't hurt a teams compensatory picks the way FA players like P_Rich did. So with that in mind, anyone else think a one year deal for Jordy maybe a good signing besides me?

1 minute ago, bobandweave said:

So like I'm sure no one will think this is a good idea and I probably shouldn't post it the way I get heat around here

Jordy Nelson got cut today. Cut players don't hurt a teams compensatory picks the way FA players like P_Rich did. So with that in mind, anyone else think a one year deal for Jordy maybe a good signing besides me?

How about no..he is old and on the downside of his career..

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

He'll cost way too much and will want a crack at a SB. How much do the Jags have?

26 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Idk if you know any Vikings fans, but they are not happy about this. Half of my family are Vikings fans and they are beside themselves. And my Jet fan friends are relieved that they didn't get stuck with him at that price. Zero Redskins fans will question the poor handling of his contract, but his situation doesn't belong in the same sentence as Alexander, Rodgers, and Amerson. For the record, Alexander went to the Cards and Oakland after DC and didn't do much there. And Amerson was disturbingly bad last year. Rodgers was great for us, just couldn't catch. It's not like he left year and all of the sudden flourished, they just have better stick-um in SF.

Cousins may very well win a trophy next year. He's going to a team that Case Keenum just QBd to the NFC Championship game... that D won't need him to do a whole lot.

All the Vikings fans I know are happy with the signing so your friends may not know football as well as mine do:)

3 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I dont think we would be a consideration for him, he will want to go to a viewed legitimate contender...

4 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I like it for the right price.

2 minutes ago, thebeermonkey said:

He'll cost way too much and will want a crack at a SB. How much do the Jags have?

Jags got too many receivers now:

Marquise Lee just resigned

DeDe Westbrook - Drafted last season

Donte Moncrief just signed

Keelan Cole - Drafted last season

Allen Hurns 

Jags definitely aint signing Jordy

3 hours ago, Forehead said:

Mike Gesicki.  Man was he frustrating his first year, it seemed like he dropped every pass thrown his way, but boy did he ever turn it around.

Kid is ridiculous.  He's something like 6'6" and can jump out of the stadium, then he goes and runs something like a 4.5 40 yard dash at the combine.  The one knock on him is that he can't block for ****, but I can't imagine that whoever drafts him, really has that in mind.

*TE Mike Gesicki, PSU Highlights (2017-2018)!!!

*"3-TE Pass-Set (Reed, Davis, Gesicki)... 'SICK'!!!"

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I used to think the way you do but I've changed to thinking we need to use the young guys we have. I like the prospects of using Robert Davis and Mo Harris along with Doc and Crowder...signing Richardson is also going with youth over a guy like Nelson who made his money in a different system. Throw money at youth not older guys with wear on their tires, that's where I'm at. We're not good enough yet to add veteran pieces of luxury like New England or the Eagles can do. 

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

All the Vikings fans I know are happy with the signing so your friends may not know football as well as mine do:)

While I hate to agree with this my few friends are happy, they are tired of the carousel at QB, and feel like he doesnt have to be a world beater, just stay upright for 16 games and play avg and let the D handle the rest.

Archived