Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

Just now, hatchetwound said:

No Breeland.  No Fuller.  Josh Norman doesn't seem to be happy here.  Does taking a CB in the first seem like a lock now?

Moreau, Dunbar, Norman, Hosley... We're not as desperate as you make it seem. In fact, I don't project much of a drop off, if at all, on the outside with whoever takes over for Bree. If we can land one of the slot CBs to take over for Fuller then we'll be fine.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Right, my number is what you have Steve... 

$21 - $6 (Richardson avgs $8M/yr, so 6M for year 1 is a fair projection) = $15M ... which is the number I've been throwing around.

Any my deal with the FO is that they can can overpay some scrub for $5M like they always feel the need to do as long as they also sign a stud. For all the Suh lovers, he's on his way to NE for a visit...

Looks like OTC has it at $29m after Everett's deal. So Hopkins would take it to, let's say, $28m. Aggressively say $6m on cap hit for P. Rich, which I think is likely loser to $5, but less $6m that puts you at $22m. For a non-2017 season, you expect $3m in expenditures for FAs in-season. $4m for draft picks this year. So that's down to $15m, which is your number.

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

No Breeland.  No Fuller.  Josh Norman doesn't seem to be happy here.  Does taking a CB in the first seem like a lock now?

Norman was just on twitter today welcoming richardson, not sure why you say he's not happy here...

2 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

Norman was just on twitter today welcoming richardson, not sure why you say he's not happy here...

To be fair he didn't sound real happy after the year end. He isn't a fan of losing. Bad news for Norman that's what the Skins do. He'll be gone after next year.

Guaranteed

4 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Moreau, Dunbar, Norman, Hosley... We're not as desperate as you make it seem. In fact, I don't project much of a drop off, if at all, on the outside with whoever takes over for Bree. If we can land one of the slot CBs to take over for Fuller then we'll be fine.

Breeland was really good, Fuller looked like he could be great.  I think that warrents some concerns.  We should take a CB with the first and then another one with one of our next 2 or 3 picks.

Just now, hatchetwound said:

Breeland was really good, Fuller looked like he could be great.  I think that warrents some concerns.  We should take a CB with the first and then another one with one of our next 2 or 3 picks.

Breeland was not really good, but it's still a lose. Fuller is the one that hurts in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, fordranger76 said:

This seems to be the most accurate site in regards to cap numbers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Agreed. But, it doesn't take into account the cap you need to keep allocated for the incoming rookie class.

Unrelated to you @fordranger76, I understand that we can save $5M in cap or so if we get creative by releasing the Macs as post-June 1 cuts, but we haven't crossed that bridge yet.

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

No offense but you really shouldn't have a strong opinion if you don't know who the guy is, don't even recognize his name. That should be like, Opinions 101. 

I knew who he was, was just being a little snarky. More of a point that he is just some average guy. A typical FA for us. Like the MClineman. 

2 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Brotherman, Breeland was not really good. At all. Like I said before, he's good for 1/4 of the games, terrible for 1/4 of the games, and average in the rest. Not mention the ****fest he put on when Norman was signed. 

Fuller on the other hand was a stud and was appropriately rated #1 slot CB last year

Archived