Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

What are yall's thoughts on kicking the tires on Demarco Murray? He should be cheap. And he is still pretty effective on first and second down. I think he would be a solid complement to Thompson because having Thompson would limit his number of touches.

And I think I would have let Hopkins walk in all honesty. I want to see the contract details because he is just OK IMO.

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

What are yall's thoughts on kicking the tires on Demarco Murray? He should be cheap. And he is still pretty effective on first and second down. I think he would be a solid complement to Thompson because having Thompson would limit his number of touches.

And I think I would have let Hopkins walk in all honesty. I want to see the contract details because he is just OK IMO.

No

37 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Outside of 2 seasons Demarco hasn't been able to play 16 games. Adding to that he's getting up there and plays worse when not 100%. This draft is full of RBs. Go that route for a fraction of the cost. 

43 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

No. 

14 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Dolphins may release Suh........

Suh, Wilkerson =  Haynesworth.  Is it worth the risk?

Suh didn't do much in Miami I'm guessing in part because he wasn't very motivated week to week playing on a bad team. That being said, I wouldn't pay him much at his age...unless I was really convinced he wants to win a Super Bowl and would be a good leader on the team which I doubt on both. 

On DeMarco Murray - Pass. Injury prone, old, and coming off a poor season. It would have to be a very cheap deal to make it worthwhile

On Ndamukong Suh - don't get the claim above that Suh wasn't good in Miami. He was. He's was just really expensive. And a bit of a dick from what I understand. But still a really good player. I doubt Suh wants to come here and I doubt the team can really afford it. But I'd at least consider it.

My lala land thoughts...

My two big targets would be Logan and trading for Mathieu (conditional pick next year?).  I’d feel a whole lot more comfortable with NT, DT, slot corner and FS.  If we can fit re-signing Murphy, and/or add an ILB like Preston Brown, our D is pretty much set.  

Follow that up with a trade down in the draft, maybe land Moore later in the 1st, a top back in the 2nd, and a G (or maybe ILB if we don’t sign one) with the added pick.  Draft a TE in the 4th (and essentially move Reed to receiver) and a qb in the 5th, or vice versa.  

Hits just about every position of weakness.  

Sure, going with a drafted receiver only may be seen as risky, but a beefed up D and run game, plus a healthy oline and receiving corp should give Smith a much better chance at winning games than Cousins had.  If Smith is a better qb than Cousins, he should be able to make do with this group of receivers/TEs.  If he’s not, he should still greatly benefit from a (hopefully) far better team around him.  That’s a situation a good game manager type of qb fits well, I believe.  

I understand the FO wanting to make sure Smith has the opportunity to succeed, so it’s hard to envision them skipping WR in FA.  So maybe switch out Logan for a drafted DL and sign a receiver (like Richardson).  The draftee may not have the impact of Logan, but they should still improve our run stopping ability, and we improve our passing weapons.  

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Suh didn't do much in Miami I'm guessing in part because he wasn't very motivated week to week playing on a bad team. That being said, I wouldn't pay him much at his age...unless I was really convinced he wants to win a Super Bowl and would be a good leader on the team which I doubt on both. 

Suh has dominated since day 1 in the league and continues to.  He played 83% of the defensive snaps for the Dolphins.  That ranks him 7 in the whole NFL.  He has had games where he has played every snap.  I think he's a warrior.  If we could nab him for 6M I would be game...highly unlikely though.

I would pass on him based on money not performance

5 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Suh has dominated since day 1 in the league and continues to.  He played 83% of the defensive snaps for the Dolphins.  That ranks him 7 in the whole NFL.  He has had games where he has played every snap.  I think he's a warrior.  If we could nab him for 6M I would be game...highly unlikely though.

I would pass on him based on money not performance

The guy is a beast and if his asking price was $6M/yr I'd take him and his issues in a heartbeat... but he'll cost double that. With Wilkerson coming in for a visit today, I could see him being our guy. I just want Tomsula in there to give his blessing. If he can re-light the fire in Wilk, and pair that with Allen and Ioannidis, we're really working with something.

it's happpppening, the off-season optimism gates are busting open...

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

The guy is a beast and if his asking price was $6M/yr I'd take him and his issues in a heartbeat... but he'll cost double that. With Wilkerson coming in for a visit today, I could see him being our guy. I just want Tomsula in there to give his blessing. If he can re-light the fire in Wilk, and pair that with Allen and Ioannidis, we're really working with something.

it's happpppening, the off-season optimism gates are busting open...

Don't do it man. Don't drink that Kool-Aid!! That stuff has been poisoning all of us for years. HaHa 

I think its worth noting that the Seahawks built their NFL dominant D on the backs of free agent DLinemen and a drafted secondary and linebacking core.  To get there wed probably need one more secondary player and one more ILB in this years draft, then wed have 6 of our back 8 being drafted.

Suh is a beast but I would be worried about his attitude. I dont think its off set by his talent until hes the last guy you need to dominate. 

Though, at the right price I would give it a shot. But I would have to be sure coach is down to deal with this kind of guy. A signing like that you need the coaching staff to be ok with just because of his rep imo. 

Archived