Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

And a steal for a starting LT. He might be gone. You arent getting a tackle of his caliber in the second round of this upcoming draft IMO.

The question is what team would be willing to give him a long-term contract, commit to him as a starter, and give up a second?

It's possible, but for a guy who's been a backup, that's a pretty steep price.

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Well, at least WR is top goal which it should be for our new QB and Smith will need the help.  IMO, SIP I think they should focus their attention on Richardson.  If they waste too much time on Robinson they could lose Richardson and Richardson would cost less money.

Brotherly Love

If they sign Paul Richardson I'd be very happy.  Maybe a good omen that you put Zach Brown in that same post.  Brown was one of my pet favs in last years FA. 

Actually I'd be happy for the other Richardson, too.  Double up on Richardsons from Seattle. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And a steal for a starting LT. He might be gone. You arent getting a tackle of his caliber in the second round of this upcoming draft IMO.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The question is what team would be willing to give him a long-term contract, commit to him as a starter, and give up a second?

Remember, he's 32 and a career backup. Not sure any team will be interested. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they sign Paul Richardson I'd be very happy.  Maybe a good omen that you put Zach Brown in that same post.  Brown was one of my pet favs in last years FA. 

Actually I'd be happy for the other Richardson, too.  Double up on Richardsons from Seattle. 

Agree with you but I think our Sheldon is going to be Mo.  I hope Mo moves on and we are able to sign Sheldon as well or even Bennie Logan.  Love me some Paul Richardson.  Watch video on him a few days ago he doesn't miss many passes.

1 minute ago, Unbias said:

Remember, he's 32 and a career backup. Not sure any team will be interested. 

Exactly. At 32, LTs are on their last legs. A 2nd round pick should be used to build for the future, but here's to hoping that there's a dumber GM than Bruce out there.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Agree with you but I think our Sheldon is going to be Mo.  I hope Mo moves on and we are able to sign Sheldon as well or even Bennie Logan.  Love me some Paul Richardson.  Watch video on him a few days ago he doesn't miss many passes.

I'm not too high on Logan. He had a prove-it deal last year and didn't prove much, yet he'll still command a hefty contract. That being said, just about all of the big name DTs out there come with question marks.

Just now, CTskin said:

Exactly. At 32, LTs are on their last legs. A 2nd round pick should be used to build for the future, but here's to hoping that there's a dumber GM than Bruce out there.

One thing to remember about him.  He's only played sparingly so he could easily play solid for 3 to 4 more years.

What is really bothersome to me is that we did not re-sign Brown,  Breeland will sign elsewhere,  And Pryor was a bust.  So our first pick in the draft is going to have to be a LB.   And then the 2nd will be needed to acquire a receiver IF we do not pick up a decent FA .  And clearly we are going to need another CB because some team will overpay Breeland.   

I know Brown is not worth what he is asking because he is simply not a multidimensional player but it would have been great IMO to focus on the DLine for that first pick.   

This is going to be a rough year for the Skins if they do not make some decent acquisitions in FA IMO.   And every team in the NFC East is going to have a work horse at RB this except us.  You know Barkley is going to the Giants.  We always seem to try to pick up the RB in the 4th, 5th round because we have bigger needs and that is the case this year.  

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

What is really bothersome to me is that we did not re-sign Brown,  Breeland will sign elsewhere,  And Pryor was a bust.  So our first pick in the draft is going to have to be a LB.   And then the 2nd will be needed to acquire a receiver IF we do not pick up a decent FA .  And clearly we are going to need another CB because some team will overpay Breeland.   

I know Brown is not worth what he is asking because he is simply not a multidimensional player but it would have been great IMO to focus on the DLine for that first pick.   

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You say you can't believe we aren't re-signing him and in the same breath you say he's not worth the money that he's asking. He wants $8M+, word is closer to $10M, would you really want to pay that for a run stopper in a passing league? I love his speed and it was a pleasure to see him out-race RBs to the corner, but he is one of the worst coverage LBs in football. You can't pay that kind of liability big money. 

I'm glad that we had the chance to sign him last year so we could see why Buffalo was okay with letting him walk. 

If the write up on Smith is that he is a similar no risk-taker with his downfield throwing, then the front office should be looking for a speedster who's primary goal is to take the top off the defense. He had that player on the offense in KC and it translated to some of his best downfield throwing of his career.  

Paul Richardson fits the bill.

Is there any chance D-Jax is getting cut from Tampa? Haha.

On the latest episode of the Redskins Capital Connection podcast found here

http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/breaks-over-the-comeback-recap-episode/

The insiders say that the offer to Brown is 4 million a season, and he is looking for 6 million a season. Seems to be a great divide between the two. The guys don't think that he's worth 6 million a year and they should let him walk if he demands that much. 

5 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

On the latest episode of the Redskins Capital Connection podcast found here

http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/breaks-over-the-comeback-recap-episode/

The insiders say that the offer to Brown is 4 million a season, and he is looking for 6 million a season. Seems to be a great divide between the two. The guys don't think that he's worth 6 million a year and they should let him walk if he demands that much. 

Split the difference and give him 5 mill.

57 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The second round pick will certainly inhibit his market but he's definitely worth more than 3 million.  I'd rather have NSekhe in there versus any of the other backups the Skins dragged into the mix last season.  I hope Skins sign him to a long-term contract - let him compete also at Left Guard and if he wins it he gets bonus   money,  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

just read a Standig article from Sports Capitol.  He's saying Zach Brown is unlikely back and to watch for replacements -- maybe Hitchens or Bradham.   Personally, I like Bradham a lot -- the dude is a true all around MLB -- defends the pass well. 

Honestly, I like Brown, but I prefer either of those two to him. Would gladly go for Hitchens at a higher price.

Just now, jerryred said:

ya I totally agree I thought he was wanting 10mil but at 6 that is reasonable, I don't get the redskins brass sometimes

6M is decent....but why tie up so much money into Brown when he won't be able to get the same money elsewhere.  Bruce is a money man...wait it out and Brown will be back.  We may be able to sign him for far less that 6M.

The 4m quoted sounds fair.  He is not a top ILB because he struggles against the pass which is why he couldn't get more than the 3m we gave him last year.  Buffalo let him walk and we did not have much competition for his services, his 1 year here proved he is who everyone thought he was, a good but not great player.  The big money only comes if a cash rich team decides to overpay him, glad that won't be us.

Archived