Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

think a lot of them were brain injuries though.

Doctson yeah.....Sua.....

Concussion stuff is obviously a problem that needs time off. We have near ten players that don't put in the work to say healthy, or are plain soft.  I really want Reed gone.  A 5th rounder would be fine.  

10 minutes ago, mudpig said:

Concussion stuff is obviously a problem that needs time off. We have near ten players that don't put in the work to say healthy, or are plain soft.  I really want Reed gone.  A 5th rounder would be fine.  

lets see Reed with Smith first

really a top Wr and we should be back where we were in the recent glory days by squeaking into a wildcard :cheers:. Defense is obviously improved if Compton isn't back

Positions I have long expected the Redskins to address in FA, or attempt to: DL, WR, CB, ILB...potential targets based on my info: Poe, Richardson, Wilkerson; P. Richardson, robinson ($$), Moncrief; (couple other WRs too); A. Colvin; Hitchens, P. Brown.

My take on these prospects

Poe:  Thumbs up

Richardson:  Big Thumbs up

Wilkerson:  Thumbs down.

P. Richardson:  Big Thumbs up

Robinson ($$):  Big Thumbs up

Moncrief; Thumbs down

couple other WRs too); Depends

A. Colvin:  Thumbs up

Hitchens:  Thumbs up

P. Brown:  Big Thumbs up

JP Finlay Retweeted Josina Anderson

I expect Skins to show interest

JP Finlay added,

Josina AndersonVerified account @JosinaAnderson
Spoke to #Seahawks DT Sheldon Richardson. Re his future he told me, "the sky is the limit. I just want the best opportunity to win and to solidify my future." Richardson is scheduled to be a UFA. Talks have not led to a finalized deal to return, at this point.
4 replies5 retweets7 likes

1. Redskin Country Retweeted John Keim

Taylor Gabriel possibly one of those other WRs?

Redskin Country added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
    Positions I have long expected the Redskins to address in FA, or attempt to: DL, WR, CB, ILB...potential targets based on my info: Poe, Richardson, Wilkerson; P. Richardson, robinson ($$), Moncrief; (couple other WRs too); A. Colvin; Hitchens, P. Brown.
    Show this thread

Direct message

33 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I posted here yesterday I thought that Murf maybe a good signing if he comes cheap due to the PEDs. Priced right I think almost every team would be in on him didn’t surprise me

I like this. Let’s trade for Crabtree so they can pickup Richardson. Otherwise that’s just too much money into that receiver group to take seriously

Interest in Taylor Gabriel is now possibly growing if Richardson wants the moon.

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Interest in Taylor Gabriel is now possibly growing if Richardson wants the moon.

After Richardson/Robinson, Gabriel might be the guy i like most at receiver with A. Wilson close behind.   Insane speed, good hands.  My issue with him is he's small so I don't see him getting a ton of snaps and I'd presume he'd move into the slot with Crowder playing Z.

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

My concern with TG is that he seems like a Bruce Allen guy. Someone that wasn’t very good on his old team that gets overpaid to come here and disappoints. How many times has Bruce done that to us? Might as well target Donte Moncrief as well, an average guy with good fourty time that wasn’t very good on his old team that Bruce’s overpays to get.

If they are going to overpay why not just overpay for a talented guy instead? Never understood that about Bruce’s approach. Like two average receivers like TG and DM would be better to Bruce then one ARob, when you add it up they cost the same

NFL.com article -- top 10 deep threats in the league

RIC593564.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Paul Richardson
SEA.png
WR
Seahawks

Passer rating: 126.2 (fourth). 
Catch rate: 38.9 percent (12th). 
Percentage of yards: 39.1 percent (10th). 
Deep touchdowns: 3 (12th). 

Score: 38. 

After the likes of Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins are scooped up on the free-agent market, teams in need of an X-receiver will turn their attention to yet another 2014 draft pick. Richardson emerged as the second-best wideout on the Seahawks behind Doug Baldwin last year, serving as Seattle's primary downfield threat. Russell Wilson had a 126.2 passer rating when targeting Richardson on passes that traveled 20-plus yards in the air. The lanky wideout hauled in seven deep balls for 275 yards and three scores....

15 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

My concern with TG is that he seems like a Bruce Allen guy. Someone that wasn’t very good on his old team that gets overpaid to come here and disappoints. How many times has Bruce done that to us? Might as well target Donte Moncrief as well, an average guy with good fourty time that wasn’t very good on his old team that Bruce’s overpays to get.

If they are going to overpay why not just overpay for a talented guy instead? Never understood that about Bruce’s approach. Like two average receivers like TG and DM would be better to Bruce then one ARob, when you add it up they cost the same

I've been watching Chiefs games.  They used T. Hill a lot in the backfield for jet sweeps, fake jet sweeps, quick hitches.  Keeping Hill in the backfield at times as a weapon seemed to add to their running game because it helped misdirect the defenses where they weren't sure what was going on with that dude.  It added a unique element.  Gabriel seems to fit that mold.  He's a shifty guy who is lightening fast (timed once under 4.3) and can take it to the house.  His catch % if I recall is almost 70%.  Good hands.

My only issue with him is his size doesn't lend to playing all snaps so he sort of becomes the Chris Thompson of the passing game.  I don't see Moncrief with his size playing a similar role like I described.  Moncrief has the size to play Z and X.  But I don't see him with Gabriels explosiveness.

I like neither player as much as Richardson.  Though I am concerned with Richardson's injury history.

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Today has been hella busy.  I thought I saw that he re-signed or a rumor of something with him.

been on here and twitter about all day long....this is the last thing I've seen DC9                          

David LombardiVerified account @LombardiHimself
Follow Follow @LombardiHimself
More

Per source, 10 teams — including the 49ers — have expressed interest in Washington pass rusher Trent Murphy.

I’ve got a question that maybe someone can answer..Why did we not transition tag Kirk Cousins??..it only means we have the rights to match the teams offer but if we do not then we receive draft pick compensation in return??..am I mistaken on how that works,if I’m right then why in the Hell why would we not tag him with it???

4 hours ago, CTskin said:

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You say you can't believe we aren't re-signing him and in the same breath you say he's not worth the money that he's asking. He wants $8M+, word is closer to $10M, would you really want to pay that for a run stopper in a passing league? I love his speed and it was a pleasure to see him out-race RBs to the corner, but he is one of the worst coverage LBs in football. You can't pay that kind of liability big money. 

I'm glad that we had the chance to sign him last year so we could see why Buffalo was okay with letting him walk. 

It is a good point.  He is not worth $8M because he does suck in coverage but **** we have not had many decent tacklers who could actually pursue a RB like that in years.  To me it is a tradeoff with players.  I wish we could have signed him because now we are going to have to use a 1st or 2nd round pick to replace him IMO. Would have much rather gone DL first pick. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Will said:

I’ve got a question that maybe someone can answer..Why did we not transition tag Kirk Cousins??..it only means we have the rights to match the teams offer but if we do not then we receive draft pick compensation in return??..am I mistaken on how that works,if I’m right then why in the Hell why would we not tag him with it???

You don't get compensation for not matching an offer sheet to a Transition tagged player.

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

My guess was they were trying to re-sign him because they thought he'd come back cheaper than Galette. If there are 10 teams interested, then they (or me) are quite possibly wrong about that.

Sadly once again our FO miss judging the market....

Archived