Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Looks like the Vikings are releasing RB Jerick Mckinnon.  25YO possible Chris Thompson compliment?

I'm pretty underwhelmed my McKinnon. For one, he never really established himself in Minnesota. Peterson was there during most of his tenure, but Peterson only played significant snaps in one of those years, 2015. So McKinnon could have easily run away with a job in 2014 or 2016 or 2017. And he didn't. He's not bad mind you, but he's merely okay. And his best asset is, as you alluded to, pass catching. Which is what Chris Thompson already does. Unless his market is terrible, he just seems likely to be overpaid for what he is.

Plus, the team carried only 3 active RBs last year. You really can't have two of them be 3rd down back types. You need at least two bona fide first and second down types. So it only really makes sense to commit to McKinnon if you're cutting Thompson (which won't happen) or committing to at least 4 RBs (which I also don't see happening this far out). Mine as well roll the dice with some other options, be it via free agency or the draft

Trent MurphyVerified account @TMurphy_93
FollowingFollowing @TMurphy_93
More

Blessed and highly favored!! Thankful for the many that have helped me along this journey and super pumped for he opportunities to come!!! LETS GO

Su’a Kristopher CravensVerified account @iammsuzy

FollowingFollowing @iammsuzy
More

New beginnings ??‍♂️#wakandaforeverblackpanther_live_v3.png

12:07 PM - 11 Mar 2018

•  

well, it could mean he's going to re-sign with the Skins.  It might also just mean he's a free agent, who's good enough SOMEONE will sign him and he's advertising himself

the thing about both Murphy and Cravens is they're both in ituations where anything theye do with anyone is a comeback and new beginning of some sort

Listening to JLC-Brinson podcast that they just recorded. If the Redskins are sniffing hard at WR they are doing it off of JLC-Brinson's radar screen

Relevant to the discussion here.

They think based on what they are hearing:

Watkins - Rams

Robinson -- likely to 49ers if not runners up are Bears, Browns.

Moncrief - Ravens

He thinks Robinson gets a short term deal but in the 12-14 million deal per year range ala the Jeffrey deal.  49ers salivating over him and they tend to get their man when they want to do so. (Naturally they have the cap space to outbid anyone) 

He thinks the Panthers and Ravens are hot in the market for WR.  Mentioned them as possibly into Moncrief, Richardson, Gabriel. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to JLC-Brinson podcast that they just recorded. If the Redskins are sniffing hard at WR they are doing it off of JLC-Brinson's radar screen

Relevant to the discussion here.

They think based on what they are hearing:

Watkins - Rams

Robinson -- likely to 49ers if not runners up are Bears, Browns.

Moncrief - Ravens

He thinks Robinson gets a short term deal but in the 12-14 million deal.  49ers salivating over him and they tend to get their man when they want to do so. (Naturally they have the cap space to outbid one) 

He thinks the Panthers and Ravens are hot in the market for WR.  Mentioned them as possibly into Moncrief, Richardson, Gabriel. 

No mention of Richardson or Skins?

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

No mention of Richardson or Skins?

He just mentioned him in the mix of Carolina and Baltimore if hot for trot for receivers.  The only thing though he was authoritative on was 49ers want Robinson.  49ers get who they want.  So he thinks that's happening.

I am emotionally braced for that type of thing.  In the Cerrato days, if the Redskins wanted a guy they got their guy for better or worse -- often worse.  With Bruce, it seems like if they are hot for the top market guys they are a long shot -- another team typically outbids them.  D. Jax-Norman were exceptions but there were extenuating circumstances -- later in the off season with less competition.

On other stuff.  JLC says Wilkerson mainly wants to go to a winner.  GB, Saints hot for him.  He mentions he's meeting with the Redskins.  He doesn't think S. Richardson's market will be that hot because of concern of off the field stuff -- he goes that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back with Seattle.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He just mentioned him in the mix of Carolina and Baltimore if hot for trot for receivers.  The only thing though he was authoritative on was 49ers want Robinson.  49ers get who they want.  So he thinks that's happening.

I am emotionally braced for that type of thing.  In the Cerrato days, if the Redskins wanted a guy they got their guy for better or worse -- often worse.  With Bruce, it seems like if they are hot for the top market guys they are a long shot -- another team typically outbids them.  D. Jax-Norman were exceptions but there were extenuating circumstances -- later in the off season with less competition.

On other stuff.  JLC says Wilkerson mainly wants to go to a winner.  GB, Saints hot for him.  He mentions he's meeting with the Redskins.  He doesn't think S. Richardson's market will be that hot because of concern of off the field stuff -- he goes that he wouldn't be surprised to see him back with Seattle.  

Sheldon's name has been linked to the Skins in FA but we shall see.  I hope we land Paul Richardson.  He make crazy catches and has speed.  Guess we find out in less than 24 hours.:) 

JLC just put out a column which echoes some of those points

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/expect-the-49ers-to-land-at-least-one-more-big-ticket-item-and-more-free-agency-notes/

The 49ers still have plenty of cap space and are prepared to spend. Expect them to land at least one more big-ticket item this week at the onset of free agency – specifically, receiver Allen Robinson, who is among the most sought-after players in a largely weak free-agent class. And how do you think Dion Lewis, the best available option at running back, would look in that backfield as a replacement for oft-injured free agent Carlos Hyde?

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Sheldon's name has been linked to the Skins in FA but we shall see.  I hope we land Paul Richardson.  He make crazy catches and has speed.  Guess we find out in less than 24 hours.:) 

Laconfora thinks tomorrow will be insane with activity -- and the whole week will be intense and by next Saturday most of the big names off the market

Still cautiously optimistic based off of two things. Free agent info leaks about what teams are interested in who is predominantly driven by agents to drive up the price. The Redskins have been very tight lipped about their moves before they happen, this few links between free agents and the Redskins. I hope....

We could take that cap space up to around $43m if Smith signs a contract that pays him a $10m cap hit this year and spread the remaining  $8m as signing bonus at $2m per year over his 4 year deal. Also release McClain as a June 1st cut saving about $3m on this year's cap. We could sign any of the top free agents with that cap space.

HTTR 

Archived