Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

13 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Is there a chance that we are in on Honey Badger, I love that guy but how does he fit in our D scheme will he play in the nickel or at FS or SS ? 

Whichever we need him to play hopefully - FS or slot corner.  Gruden was pretty effusive about Nicholson, so Mathieu would play slot, but maybe replace Nicholson if he’s injured.  That’s my take anyway, but it’s easier said than done (especially for a guy new to the scheme).  

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Just had a thought but let's say Wilkerson is visiting on Monday, which just happens to be the 1st day you can offer contracts to players. My question is will Allen and Co let him out of the building without signing for us?. Also with Mayowa not visiting until Tuesday leaves me to believe we will be very busy with the Big time players on Monday(Just my opinion).

My guesses are 

DT, Wilkerson or Logan

WR, Richardson

DB Honey Badger

HTTR 

(1) Wilkerson can sign now, because he was cut. Doesn't need to wait til Monday like other possible free agents (like say Robinson or Richardson). Cut players are free to sign whenever, like Sherman just did.

(2) Technically, pending free agents (like say Logan or Richardson from your list) can't sign Monday either. Officially they can negotiate on Monday and enter into agreements. but cannot officially sign til Wednesday

(3) Mathieu is still on the Cardinals and has neither been cut or is a pending free agent. So no one can talk with Mathieu unless the Cardinals grant permission (which I suspect they rather would not at this point)

And to answer your question, I suspect Wilkerson will not sign on Monday. He's already visited three teams and has no deal. Which suggests he's not getting the money he wants (at least not from the Packers, Chiefs, or Saints). I think he's going to settle for a lower tier deal. Monday will likely be littered with pending agreements for much of the big name free agents and other players teams designate as priorities. 

1 hour ago, Bonez3 said:

Glad to see we are scouring the trash heap and problem children for visits.

Becoming unenthused about free agency all of a sudden.

Ya I'm thinking out side of Smith we've seen our big free agent splash..

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Wilkerson/Sheldon + Mathieu would be a good get. Would at least keep us in the conversation for off seasom champs. We haven’t had one of those trophies in a long time.

I'd love to see mathieu in our secondary.

20 hours ago, carex said:

the guy would just be depth you know

Watch him get $4M+yr. We don't have enough cap space to be wasting on depth players. 

Just like last year, we could have landed Logan or Poe for the amount of money that we paid to the Macs. $23M doesn't go too far when we waste it on depth signings. Overpay studs, not scrubs. 

My prediction ...

Re-Sign Spencer Long

Sign: Wilkerson/Richardson on DL

Sign: Allen Robinson

trade: Badger 

leaves ILB, RB, NT as holes heading into draft. LG possibly, depending on what Long is back for. Look for a Tackle to Guard convert in the draft to cover us if Moses goes down and provide versatility 

1.21: Derrius Guice

2.12: Malik Jefferson

2.21: Tim Settle

4.12: T/G 

11 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Watch him get $4M+yr. We don't have enough cap space to be wasting on depth players. 

Just like last year, we could have landed Logan or Poe for the amount of money that we paid to the Macs. $23M doesn't go too far when we waste it on depth signings. Overpay studs, not scrubs. 

we needed more than one solid body  and had no idea that Allen would fall to us

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

And to answer your question, I suspect Wilkerson will not sign on Monday. He's already visited three teams and has no deal. Which suggests he's not getting the money he wants (at least not from the Packers, Chiefs, or Saints). I think he's going to settle for a lower tier deal. Monday will likely be littered with pending agreements for much of the big name free agents and other players teams designate as priorities. 

This just made me think of what a great negotiation tactic it would be for a FA to line up the Redskins as the last visit; it's public knowledge that our FO is a doormat. I imagine that Wilkerson's agent is in the middle of negotiation with the Chiefs at this moment and he's just sitting back saying "Gents, pay us or we're going somewhere that will tomorrow..."

1 minute ago, carex said:

we needed more than one solid body  and had no idea that Allen would fall to us

Agreed about the unexpected Allen scenario. But still, it's quality not quantity amigo. Backup players can be gotten for cheap or in the draft... We shouldn't ever sacrifice the opportunity for a gamechanger because of quantity. 

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My prediction ...

I imagine 10 other teams have the same wish list. I could see us pulling off one of those... and it better not be Allen Robinson for $14M.

Not only did he significantly regress from 2015 to 2016, but then tore the ACL last year. And to pile on, this year the Jags proved that he may not be all that special; it may be the system or it may Bortles always funneling his inner Rex "**** it I'm going deep" Grossman. Robinson went down and Hurns stepped up. Hurns went down and Lee stepped up. Then at the end of the season it was Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook putting up big boy stat lines. 

Strongly disagree on Robinson and agree with cooley. He’s a stud, young, big fast WR. They don’t usually hit FA. Pay the man. And I think he’s seeking $10-12m annually. That’s a bargain. 

If we go Paul richardson or Taylor Gabriel so be it. I won’t be mad if we don’t get Arob because I think doctson will emerge as a big target this year. But I’d love me some ARob

They seem set at outside corner.  But I recall Jay going out of his way to complement Cromartie in an over the top way in the past.

The #Giants decided to release CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie today, source confirmed (as @JordanRaanan said). They tried to move him to safety and asked him to take a large paycut. Instead, he is being released and wants to play as an outside CB once again.

Looks like the Vikings are releasing RB Jerick Mckinnon.  25YO possible Chris Thompson compliment?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9651/jerick-mckinnon

McKinnon has said he wants to be a featured back, something which will not happen with Dalvin Cook ahead of him on the depth chart in Minnesota. McKinnon has struggled to consistently produce on the ground, but he has caught 94 passes the last two seasons and nearly hit 1,000 yards from scrimmage last year despite a committee backfield.

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Looks like the Vikings are releasing RB Jerick Mckinnon.  25YO possible Chris Thompson compliment?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9651/jerick-mckinnon

McKinnon has said he wants to be a featured back, something which will not happen with Dalvin Cook ahead of him on the depth chart in Minnesota. McKinnon has struggled to consistently produce on the ground, but he has caught 94 passes the last two seasons and nearly hit 1,000 yards from scrimmage last year despite a committee backfield.

From what I recall he was a FA already.  So that would be him saying vikings aren't interested.

57 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My prediction ...

Re-Sign Spencer Long

leaves ILB, RB, NT as holes heading into draft. LG possibly, depending on what Long is back for. Look for a Tackle to Guard convert in the draft to cover us if Moses goes down and provide versatility 

1.21: Derrius Guice

2.12: Malik Jefferson

2.21: Tim Settle

4.12: T/G 

That would definitely be a successful FA and draft. If we didn’t trade down I’d go highest rated defensive player- one of Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Roquon Smith, Denzel Ward, Josh Jackson, should be available assuming 2-3 QBs go before our pick.

If we sign Honey Badger I like the idea of getting a CB or S this year when they won’t have immediate pressure to start.

I would also work hard to extend Brandon Scherf or Preston Smith.

42 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

He’s a stud, young, big fast WR. They don’t usually hit FA. Pay the man. And I think he’s seeking $10-12m annually. That’s a bargain. 

If we go Paul richardson or Taylor Gabriel so be it. I won’t be mad if we don’t get Arob because I think doctson will emerge as a big target this year. But I’d love me some ARob

The more a stew on Allen Robinson the more I like it.  There was a Jax reporter talking about Robinson on 106.7 this morning -- talked about how among other things Bortles pushed them hard recently to bring back Robinson.  

I'd be happy with either Robinson or Richardson.   And if Robinson returns to form, he's my #1 by far.  But I just don't know if that's the case one way or another -- that's my one hesitation about him.  

Richardson makes some insane acrobatic catches, can adjust his routes to QBs who move, has burner speed -- so I am higher on him than maybe some on this thread are.  I don't see Richardson as just one of the best of a weak crop.  I think he can emerge here.  The guy that I am not totally sold on but I wouldn't hate it either is Sammy Watkins. 

Not opposed to signing DRC. Already said I would go after Patrick Robinson. Don't feel great starting 2 inexperienced corners. If we trade for HB then that is obviously enough to man the slot and at least back up the safety position but so far that is more wishful thinking of the board than actual reality.

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

Agreed about the unexpected Allen scenario. But still, it's quality not quantity amigo. Backup players can be gotten for cheap or in the draft... We shouldn't ever sacrifice the opportunity for a gamechanger because of quantity. 

if you sign some game changing RDE and your LDE is just some scrub, then all you get is everyone running away from your right side or adjusting their blocking

18 minutes ago, carex said:

if you sign some game changing RDE and your LDE is just some scrub, then all you get is everyone running away from your right side or adjusting their blocking

Instead, we signed two completely insignificant players when we could have had a stud... This one player makes a D coordinator's job much easier as they can always trust that side will hold up and put extra bodies at the opposite side.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Strongly disagree on Robinson and agree with cooley. He’s a stud, young, big fast WR. They don’t usually hit FA. Pay the man. And I think he’s seeking $10-12m annually. That’s a bargain. 

A tweet the other day from, I believe, Keim, said $13-$14M. For me that's far too big of a gamble for a guy with only one solid season who's coming off an ACL especially considering our cap situation.

We need the Garcon-type WR to convert those 3rd&4 slants. 

9 minutes ago, CTskin said:

A tweet the other day from, I believe, Keim, said $13-$14M. For me that's far too big of a gamble for a guy with only one solid season who's coming off an ACL especially considering our cap situation.

We need the Garcon-type WR to convert those 3rd&4 slants. 

I agree thats way too much money for what he is,  a big ?

5 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

I agree thats way too much money for what he is,  a big ?

He'd have to pass a Physical and I'm sure he'd be checked out thoroughly to know if he's good to go. Number 1 receivers are going to cost a lot regardless of who you get. 

Archived