Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

8 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

10-12 is a fairly wide range for yearly salary but $25M guaranteed is an absolute bargain for Robinson, despite his injury. 5 year, $60M with $25M guaranteed? Done!!! I would offer him that in a heartbeat. That seems like agent speak trying to build some hype. Too good to be true.

I agree with you. No way that is accurate

The issue is with so many teams out there with money why would he come here? The only way that he does is to be the highest bidder and I do not see them outbidding the 49ers or Bears or Jets. If they can sign him to that deal it’s not horrible and I could eventually come around to it but I seriously think that’s under the mark. Some team will give him 15 a year and that’s not a deal I want to see the team sign anyone to this year

11 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Hahaha okay so now this is getting funny to me. You say above that they moved him for cap relief, I point out to you that his contract is cheap and that answer was BS. Now you add this about the coach of the year nonsense. I like what Sean did in LA last year but he’s not the best coach in the league or close to that. Any good coach can see the tape and see that Peters is a good player on the field. That’s why the Rams traded for him. Let’s not start pretending head cases don’t move around the league now

So we know he's in his contract year, you can't deny that.

Do you really think he will not want to be paid as one of the best CB's in the NFL after this season?

Its very simple, the Rams will get him for 1 year at this low rate, then they will either use the 5th year option or sign him long term, the 5th year option is risky when a player is already recognized as being very good, you could piss him off and your basically telling the player you don't want to commit.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

So we know he's in his contract year, you can't deny that.

Did i I ever try to? No of course not. I’m not even sure why I’m in this discussion with you. You posted that this was a cap saving move which it’s not. Now your full on blown nuclear about this dude. Tell you what say whatever you want to say about the salary cap and Marcus Peters I’m done with this. 

The fact is that if a team is willing no teams salary cap will prohibit them from signing a guy they want.

Do you really think he will not want to be paid as one of the best CB's in the NFL after this season?

Do I give a damn what Marcus Peters on the LA Rams wants? Not in the least

Its very simple, the Rams will get him for 1 year at this low rate, then they will either use the 5th year option or sign him long term, the 5th year option is risky when a player is already recognized as being very good.

Okay and so what? Like seriously what does that got anything at all to do with what I said and you claiming Peters was a salary cap relief move? Nothing at all. 

Peters wasn’t a salary cap relief trade. That’s just another trade of a guy a teams not going to resign being moved for something instead of losing him for nothing and moving on. Like the Chiefs did with Peters it’s time to move on from this topic

Just now, bobandweave said:

Peters wasn’t a salary cap relief trade. That’s just another trade of a guy a teams not going to resign being moved for something instead of losing him for nothing and moving on. Like the Chiefs did with Peters it’s time to move on from this topic

Ok, trading an All-Pro CB who is 25 and in his contract year is not a cap saving move, we'll agree to disagree.

Just like in real life finances are not just about today or this year, it's about planning for the future and to me, that's what KC was doing.

Just now, bobandweave said:

About these two receivers I will be shocked to see this team as players for either PR or AR. Lots of teams need receivers right now, I can count more then 10 without thinking too hard about it. Highly suspect AR goes to the 49ers and PR ends up in Chicago. Doubt the Skins are serious players for either because of the rule that teams have to spend a percentage of its salary cap. Hope if I’m right not too many of you get disappointed 

No doubt teams like the 49ers, Browns, Jets can front load contracts like the 49ers did with Garcon for example.  With free agents you overpay, that comes with the turf.  I am ok with that if you got a really good starter at a need position.  

Bruce seems to prefer to overpay for medium tier guys -- the Andre Roberts type.  So it wouldn't shock me that they outbid everyone for Moncrief and give the dude 5.5-6 million or something of that ilk.  Stuff like that.    For me I'd rather have 2 marquee players and they call it a day than 5 medium-low tier guys.  

I suspect Bruce might be forced out of his comfort zone this off season.  It has a feeling of a watershed season.  They going to let Alex Smith go into the season with someone like Maurice Harris being his  Z receiver?   Jay has referred to R. Grant might not be back.  The beat guys have been screaming receiver is their like;y top chase in FA.  Will see.   The tea leaves right now give the vibe that its unlikely they go early for receiver in the draft.  So the action is likely in FA.  But yeah I am braced for a "meh" signing -- but I think if there is a shot they might surprise its this FA season.  Will see.

30 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

3d5.gif

Yeah that's the wrong ex-Jet IMO to sign.  Both Richardson and Wilkerson are no boy scouts.  But Wilkerson seems the bigger wacko.  We talk about Haynesworth every now and then as to FA about lessons learned, etc.  This dude's profile isn't a mile off of that.

Having said that, I like reading this as long as he isn't the fish they ultimately land for two reasons:  1. I like that they are thinking DT.  2. It's a big name.  IMO the right thinking but the wrong player.

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Plus we have the likes of Scherff, Crowder, Preston Smith heading for deals

If I was Skins brass I would be looking at extending all three of those guys right now...each for different reasons. 

Crowder: coming off subpar year...maybe get at a slight discount. 

Smith: solid player and could have a big year of Allen/Ionidioscher stay healthy. 

Scherff: total stud...get that dude locked down ASAP. Price is only going to go up. 

Dov Kleiman Retweeted Paul Richardson Jr

WR Paul Richardson seems set to leave the #Seahawks as a free-agent in a few days.

1. With Paul Richardson, obviously has speed. In red zone: dangerous on crossers; big plays from off-sked; CBs play off, need to do more to keep them honest (comebacks etc). Speed did open up others a few times

he should not be as expensive as Robinson -- more proven, when healthy; better with stems. but Ascending; good at 1-1 down the field when covered; big plays.

Article about they want a third rounder for Cravens.  Keim wrote they are more likely to get a 5th rounder and maybe it would have to be conditional, too.

http://nfltraderumors.co/redskins-believed-seeking-3rd-rd-pick-s-sua-cravens/  

I was just catching a Cooley segment, he mentioned that he head that Jay likes Paul Richardson.   So a lot of smoke around him.  Some on Robinson.  I'd be disappointed if its not one of the two.   Granted though the market is likely competitive for both.

There are some other guys I like but don't love like Albert Wilson, Gabriel, Watkins, B. Butler, Wallace.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just catching a Cooley segment, he mentioned that he head that Jay likes Paul Richardson.   So a lot of smoke around him.  Some on Robinson.  I'd be disappointed if its not one of the two.   Granted though the market is likely competitive for both.

There are some other guys I like but don't love like Albert Wilson, Gabriel, Watkins, B. Butler, Wallace.

Richardson is the guy I want because he'll be less expensive, more speed, hands are just as good as Robinson's and he'll sign a multi year contract more so than will Robinson due to the ACL and more than likely will do a 1 yr prove it deal which I don't like.

I think we're hearing about wide receivers because Jay said that he wants someone that can do a little bit of everything more than just the speed. It's hard to go into the draft thinking you're going to be able to get a guy that contributes right away. Robinson brings an attitude and physicality that Doctson lacks, and Paul is not quite on the same level. If you're going to bet on one, better go for the guy who has lowered value from an ACL tear. 

I'd argue the same for NT.

Would also think that there will be heavy interest in a nickel corner/FS (Robinson/Jenkins/Mathieu). 

They could be aggressive for LG too. I don't think there's any interest in Spencer Long as a starter. 

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Richardson is the guy I want because he'll be less expensive, more speed, hands are just as good as Robinson's and he'll sign a multi year contract more so than will Robinson due to the ACL and more than likely will do a 1 yr prove it deal which I don't like.

Me, too but I could be sold on either for different reasons.  Robinson if he's back to what he once was is a beast -- just not sure if he is.  Richardson I think is an emerging guy, he makes some Beckham type catches and a big play guy.

Wilkerson sleep-walked through his first season since lining his pockets, throwing his training staff under the bus after a nightmarish year and getting disciplined by his coach for missing a walk-through practice (and birthday celebration).

...“Mo doesn’t cut it loose all the time,” a Jets insider told me recently. “There’s times when he takes a lot of plays off.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-made-blunder-signing-mo-wilkerson-damon-harrison-article-1.3435588

Muhammad Wilkerson's last two years in New York haven't been great. Since the Jets signed him to a five-year, $86 million contract extension -- which included $37 million in 2016 and 2017 -- he has more tardiness infractions than sacks.

It's led many to believe Wilkerson got lazy after getting paid, checked out once finally getting his long-term extension.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/12/mo_wilkerson_says_he_earned_every_penny_fro_jets_w.html

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Ok, trading an All-Pro CB who is 25 and in his contract year is not a cap saving move, we'll agree to disagree.

Just like in real life finances are not just about today or this year, it's about planning for the future and to me, that's what KC was doing.

Salary cap savings moves are deals done to move cap off a teams books, like when the Browns took on Osweiler from the Texans last year. Texans freed up cap room, Browns got a second round pick for taking the cap hit. Osweiler sucked and was due 20 million bucks and not worth the money

Moves like Peters are anything but salary cap moves. He gets paid less then 2 million this season. Peters as you said yourself is an All Pro and does not suck. Pretending an All Pro isn’t worth less then 2 million a season is wrong

Now if you believe that these two moves are the same then that’s your choice but they aren’t the same and if you say they are you would be wrong. 

Archived