Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

I’m glad Compton got picked up..he wasn’t the best LB but I liked his attitude at least..Hopefully we find a much better replacement in the draft 

He was the first known person to detect something wasn't quite right with Cravens.Remember that video ?

He's gonna a make a good coach someday.

3 hours ago, Unbias said:

RE: RB - This year is a pretty packed draft and I find this team has always been better with a solid RB (Stephen Davis, Clinton Portis, Alfred Morris, etc...). I also know this is a deep draft at the position, but ultimately having someone of the talent level of Sony Michel/Derrius Guice on a rookie contract would absolutely help the offense. 

Which is exactly why we shouldnt take a first round RB, its so stacked RBs of the same talent level will be available in the later rounds.  Basically if you are past pick #8-10, might as well wait until rounds 3-4 for a RB.  Realistically, if we drafted another top OG to improve our OLine, we could greatly improve our RB play without even drafting anyone.  Thats not to say a talented RB isnt more valuable than a bad one, but look at Dallas.  Sure, Ezekiel Elliot has been great for them, but he was a luxury they could afford.  If its not a top 5 back(Elliot, Bell, etc) the Oline plays just as big of a role.  In 2013 and 2014 Dallas improved their OLine, Murray was the main back and had 5.2 and 4.7 YPC, top 5 both years, then Dallas parted ways and he did little.  Then they got McFadden, and were again top 5 in 2015.  Then he did nothing for the rest of his career, because they moved on to the next back, Elliot who also posted top 5 in both years.  What Elliot has done these past 2 years is the same thing mediocre and average backs in McFadden and Murray did, maybe slightly better, but primarily due to their OLine improvements.

If your gonna spend an early pick go big on the likes of Barkley, or Adrian Peterson, but then just use the depth of talent at the position this draft to get other guys early, and pick up your 2nd round talent in the 4th round at RB.

26 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Do we have 17 mil in cap space... getting to the point to just ext P. Smith and Scherff at this point

It would be nice to invest in our own, that way we won’t have to make ourselves feel better by gushing over how many “Comp Picks” we get in this thread next year...

59 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Never heard about it.  Got a link?

Don't even have a link lol. 

I saw on one of the forums here someone mentions bowman having gotten interest from the skins. 

Forgot about it but then remembered so I figured I'd ask

4 hours ago, Unbias said:

This is obviously debatable and we won't know until after the 2018 season is in the books. 

One indicator would be what the market paid for both players: 

Like what someone gets paid means anything lol, cough cough Albert Hanyesworth cough :D

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He was the first known person to detect something wasn't quite right with Cravens.Remember that video ?

He's gonna a make a good coach someday.

Yeah,that video told a whole lot about lil Suzy!!..and the way he wouldn’t let up off him-you got a good point on him being coach material..He can smell the BS on players for sure!!

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Which is exactly why we shouldnt take a first round RB, its so stacked RBs of the same talent level will be available in the later rounds.  Basically if you are past pick #8-10, might as well wait until rounds 3-4 for a RB.  Realistically, if we drafted another top OG to improve our OLine, we could greatly improve our RB play without even drafting anyone.  Thats not to say a talented RB isnt more valuable than a bad one, but look at Dallas.  Sure, Ezekiel Elliot has been great for them, but he was a luxury they could afford.  If its not a top 5 back(Elliot, Bell, etc) the Oline plays just as big of a role.  In 2013 and 2014 Dallas improved their OLine, Murray was the main back and had 5.2 and 4.7 YPC, top 5 both years, then Dallas parted ways and he did little.  Then they got McFadden, and were again top 5 in 2015.  Then he did nothing for the rest of his career, because they moved on to the next back, Elliot who also posted top 5 in both years.  What Elliot has done these past 2 years is the same thing mediocre and average backs in McFadden and Murray did, maybe slightly better, but primarily due to their OLine improvements.

If your gonna spend an early pick go big on the likes of Barkley, or Adrian Peterson, but then just use the depth of talent at the position this draft to get other guys early, and pick up your 2nd round talent in the 4th round at RB.

That would be the smart thing to do,since we got so many different holes to fill..shouldn’t go after a position that is available thruout the whole draft..D & O linemen are so underrated and not too many great ones available in this one that stand out to me..I’d agree to build either side of the line up before grabbing a RB!!..I’m so anxious to see how we approach our needs in the next few weeks,I’m just praying that we pick smart and get players that can contribute on all levels!!

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

I typically agree with waiting on RBs, but I'm also sick of manufacturing excitement of players like Matt Jones and feeling like defences don't have much to worry about from our backfield. 

When was the last time you've seen the opposition sell out to stop the run? I miss that. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Will said:

Yeah,that video told a whole lot about lil Suzy!!..and the way he wouldn’t let up off him-you got a good point on him being coach material..He can smell the BS on players for sure!!

He'll be another Sean McVay. The defensive version.

----

On another topic, Trent Murphy desperately lookin for a place to stay. His twitter quote :

"Anyone got some property/House/warehouse/anything in Buffalo they’d like to rent me? That would be great."

Will Compton signed with Tennessee.  Ok, whatever.

His girlfriend is kinda like recent Redskins Cheerleader Royalty.  (Charo, goes by @Cheeto_charo on Instagram. good follow.  She was Dancing Santa during the Christmas half time show.  Worth checking out...) 

Sadly, it doesn’t seem as though she’s dumping his ass. She should.  She could probably upgrade to a starter on the Skins.  Instead of dating a dirty Titan.... :P

12 hours ago, Peregrine said:

You have a lot of this really wrong. Lets go year by year with each back:

2013 - Murray was 5th in the NFL in rushing in terms of yds/gm - however he only played 14 games and more importantly dallas was 24th in rushing. So less murray worse run game.

2014 - Murray was # 1 in yds/gm - he played all 16 - and dallas was #2.

2015 - McFadden was 13th - dallas was 9th

2016 - Elliott was #1 - dallas was #2

2017 - Elliott was #1 - dallas was 2nd - Elliott missed 6 gs so this is really the only year where youj can say the back didn't matter much.

Murrays whole problem has been health. He rushed for 5.5 yds/att in 2011 behind a bad dallas Oline. He was 7th in 2016 for TN. But he was injured some.

McFadden was pretty good in Oakland. He was mediocre with dallas behind that line - which is the reason they drafted Elliott. He has been injured the last 2 season. They needed a premier back to run behind that line.

I hear every year how the draft is deep in talent at RB. I hear every year - you get 2nd rd talent in the 4th rd. Outside a very few outliers - you will indeed get 4th rd talent in the 4th rd. There is a reason these guys fall.

I do not want them to take Guice at #13 as I believe you can trade back and he will be there in the late 1st. But we need a quality back. They have been trying this get a RB in the mid to late rds garbage for too long. Look at the RBs drafted after the 3rd rd. And don't bring up one of a handful and use that to says it easy - it's not easy. If there was any position you could wait till the middle of the draft it's Oline  unless you get the best one in the draft - see Scherrf.

Again, with few exceptions you can't get 4th rd talent in the 2nd rd. If they were all that close they would all be ranked together - in the 2nd rd and be drafted that way.

14 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Yeah, and he would have put us in Cap Hell in doing so. :ols:

I honestly think we are going to need 1 or 2 good splashy signing for big money to put us over the top eventually.  You’re going to have to mortgage the future a bit to win now, and the Skins have a 3-4 year window to win before they have to go find another QB. 

Nit saying OBJ (especially not giving 2 firsts for the Giants) is the right move, but we have a whole bunch or “average” to “pretty good” players.  Either you hit on 2 or 3 impact players at the same time in the draft or you’ve got to go out and get them.  That’s the only way you go from 8-8 (basically 3 years running) to 10-6, 11-5.

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You have a lot of this really wrong. Lets go year by year with each back:

2013 - Murray was 5th in the NFL in rushing in terms of yds/gm - however he only played 14 games and more importantly dallas was 24th in rushing. So less murray worse run game.

2014 - Murray was # 1 in yds/gm - he played all 16 - and dallas was #2.

2015 - McFadden was 13th - dallas was 9th

2016 - Elliott was #1 - dallas was #2

2017 - Elliott was #1 - dallas was 2nd - Elliott missed 6 gs so this is really the only year where youj can say the back didn't matter much.

Murrays whole problem has been health. He rushed for 5.5 yds/att in 2011 behind a bad dallas Oline. He was 7th in 2016 for TN. But he was injured some.

McFadden was pretty good in Oakland. He was mediocre with dallas behind that line - which is the reason they drafted Elliott. He has been injured the last 2 season. They needed a premier back to run behind that line.

I hear every year how the draft is deep in talent at RB. I hear every year - you get 2nd rd talent in the 4th rd. Outside a very few outliers - you will indeed get 4th rd talent in the 4th rd. There is a reason these guys fall.

I do not want them to take Guice at #13 as I believe you can trade back and he will be there in the late 1st. But we need a quality back. They have been trying this get a RB in the mid to late rds garbage for too long. Look at the RBs drafted after the 3rd rd. And don't bring up one of a handful and use that to says it easy - it's not easy. If there was any position you could wait till the middle of the draft it's Oline  unless you get the best one in the draft - see Scherrf.

Again, with few exceptions you can't get 4th rd talent in the 2nd rd. If they were all that close they would all be ranked together - in the 2nd rd and be drafted that way.

Really liked the post and you did a better job of articulating my point than I did. The only disagreement I have is your take on not wanting Guice at 13. Really whats the difference between taking him at 13 or 25? Ultimately if he's a good player and high on your board sometimes getting too cute ends up leaving you with a worse draft. I'd add the Skins while under Snyder or Bruce throughout his career haven't really been known for making great draft day trade moves. In short, I'd rather take Guice at 13 than trust this FO to navigate the draft and have any idea when their targeted players will be picked. 

Personally I like Guice. I think if he's teamed up with Thompson that's a deadly 1-2 punch that will force defenses to adjust from week 1. 

I also have a personal nightmare scenario where we go a different direction and ultimately he falls to the Eagles at 32. That would just be terrible. They would have their three headed monster of Wentz, Jeffery and Guice for the next 5 years. Add in Ertz and a good OL and it's too many weapons to stop. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Rumor is the patriots are looking to trade gronk before the draft...what would it take to get him here?? 

Pass. He is great but we really need to think rebuild and not trading picks for older injury prone guys.

27 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Really liked the post and you did a better job of articulating my point than I did. The only disagreement I have is your take on not wanting Guice at 13. Really whats the difference between taking him at 13 or 25? Ultimately if he's a good player and high on your board sometimes getting too cute ends up leaving you with a worse draft. I'd add the Skins while under Snyder or Bruce throughout his career haven't really been known for making great draft day trade moves. In short, I'd rather take Guice at 13 than trust this FO to navigate the draft and have any idea when their targeted players will be picked. 

Personally I like Guice. I think if he's teamed up with Thompson that's a deadly 1-2 punch that will force defenses to adjust from week 1. 

I also have a personal nightmare scenario where we go a different direction and ultimately he falls to the Eagles at 32. That would just be terrible. They would have their three headed monster of Wentz, Jeffery and Guice for the next 5 years. Add in Ertz and a good OL and it's too many weapons to stop. 

I believe if you trade back but stay in the first rd you can still get Guice. But if you trade back and don't, honestly there is enough talent say 15 through 65 that you will not be left out. I actually did that exact thing in our mock draft. I traded back to 26 took Guice and picked up an additional 2nd rd pick. That gave me 3 picks from 26 to 58. 

I really like Guice - I just believe you can have him a little later. Many teams will shy away due to his injuries in 2017 - even though it was pretty much a high ankle sprain that he tried to play through. You look at his Citrus Bowl tape when he was finally full strength and was is a beast. But you are right it's a gamble. Some will say me taking him at 26 was too high. That's where i am with you on if there is a guy there that can help you take him. 

I guess it also depends on who else is there at 13. 

Anyway, we should probably move this to the draft thread if you want to - my apologies to all. But honestly I think we are really pretty close in our thoughts. 

Archived