Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

If we go into next season with Scandrick starting and Dunbar at slot, we deserve to have a losing record.

Has nothing to do with what I was responding to. We in fact do not know if they reached out to Breeland's camp. Was the only thing I said. was the only ting I was commenting on. 

But do carry on with the rant. I am reminded of why I avoid this thread this time of year. 

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Has nothing to do with what I was responding to. We in fact do not know if they reached out to Breeland's camp. Was the only thing I said. was the only ting I was commenting on. 

But do carry on with the rant. I am reminded of why I avoid this thread this time of year. 

Stop being so damn sensitive.  From what I can tell, they didn't reach out to him, same as you are seeing, and that is what I was commenting on.  If that's the plan, then they better have an alternative that's either as good or better.  It's the same way I felt about letting Garcon and DJax go, that blew up in our face and I see it coming.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Stop being so damn sensitive.  From what I can tell, they didn't reach out to him, same as you are seeing, and that is what I was commenting on.  If that's the plan, then they better have an alternative that's either as good or better.  It's the same way I felt about letting Garcon and DJax go, that blew up in our face and I see it coming.

Lol - No one is being sensitive, well except maybe you. You wanted to rant and used my comment even though they had little to do with each other. And again we do not know they did not reach out. It's not like either are going to announce it. Was and still is the only point of the response. What you are talking about is another conversation competently - which in case it wasn't clear you are free to continue without me. It's futile to get all worked up about what the team may or may not look like in September, making predictions of what their record might be. I prefer to wait. 

Also, just because something does not work out does not mean it was the wrong thing to do. Had to let both Jackson and Garcon go. Too expensive. Had Pryor worked out they would have been fine. He didn't. So you move on. Although somehow Cousins still threw for over 4000 yards. WR was not why the team fell short last year. So saying it "blew up in our face" is an exaggeration. 

My last response. Have a great evening. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

If the Hankins ship has sailed, I think we sniff back around Logan on the cheap. Works in our rotation for me at half the price. Bring in a vet OG like Boone or a vet WR like Maclin with the change..or pick up one of the handful of very solid safeties left on the market. Options all over the place pre draft.

Usually I’d agree - a rotational DT, a vet G to compete, and perhaps a guy like Vaccaro that can play slot and FS  could really help our depth/competition (as well as draft plans) - but... I have to wonder what their plan is in terms of extensions.  

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If we go into next season with Scandrick starting and Dunbar at slot, we deserve to have a losing record.

Almost certain Scandrick isn’t going to start on the outside (if that’s what you meant)... it’s Dunbar’s job to lose and Moreau is the next man up.  The interesting part is going to be whether they feel comfortable enough with Holsey and Scandrick competing in the slot, or if they have Moreau getting work there too (even though they’d prefer him outside).  I think they like Holsey there.  

My guess is they’ll wait to see what the draft brings before deciding all of that, but it’s penciled in as I said - Norman and either Dunbar or Moreau starting outside, whoever ‘loses’ the starting gig is the 1st man off the bench, Holsey starts in the slot, and Scandrick is the backup (and the 4th boundary corner).  

Edit:  As to your point about drafting a guy, we have 3 vets, and 2 second year guys - both well regarded and Moreau in particular seen as a potential stud - a rookie to develop  or compete is a smart addition.  

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Lol - No one is being sensitive, well except maybe you. You wanted to rant and used my comment even though they had little to do with each other. And again we do not know they did not reach out. It's not like either are going to announce it. Was and still is the only point of the response. What you are talking about is another conversation competently - which in case it wasn't clear you are free to continue without me. It's futile to get all worked up about what the team may or may not look like in September, making predictions of what their record might be. I prefer to wait. 

Also, just because something does not work out does not mean it was the wrong thing to do. Had to let both Jackson and Garcon go. Too expensive. Had Pryor worked out they would have been fine. He didn't. So you move on. Although somehow Cousins still threw for over 4000 yards. WR was not why the team fell short last year. So saying it "blew up in our face" is an exaggeration. 

My last response. Have a great evening. 

You seriously need to relax.  That season finale against the Giants shoulda shown all of us all we needed to know about the actual number of "weapons" we had left by the end of the season.  It wasn't just that Pryor needed to work, Doctson needed to, too, and it didn't.  I agreed with letting Garcon and Djax go, but not successfully coming up with a way to replace or supplement that production was their fault and a mistake. You're right, its not even April, plenty of time to do something.  I said I'd be fine with DRC, not a rookie, I stand by that considering we lost Fuller as well.

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

My guess is they’ll wait to see what the draft brings before deciding all of that, but it’s penciled in as I said - Norman and either Dunbar or Moreau starting outside, whoever ‘loses’ the starting gig is the 1st man off the bench, Holsey starts in the slot, and Scandrick is the backup (and the 4th boundary corner).  

You couldn't convince me that was a good idea even if you tried : )

you just described the one scenario that is not happening you know.  Even in Scandrick does start he'd shift to slot and Dunbar would go outside

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You couldn't convince me that was a good idea even if you tried : )

Seems like that has a lot more to do with you than me. :)

Don’t get me wrong, I was pissed we lost Fuller and I’m not at all excited about Holsey and Scandrick there... I think we’re likely looking at a big drop off in talent there and another hit to our 3rd down defense.  

On the outside though?  Breeland was better than many are giving him credit for, but Dunbar played well and Moreau has serious upside.  Scandrick may well be done, but he’s had some good seasons.  As a #4, I’m not worried about him so much.  It’s a lot like stressing about our #4 receiver position with Quick.  

And worrying about Dunbar starting in the slot is akin to worrying about Doctson starting as our slot receiver - I just can’t imagine that happening.  

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I still think it's worth a shot.  What's to lose?  He'll come cheap and it's a big need.

No reason not to give him another looksee.  There's only upside, no real harm.  Worth a shot.  If he cant go, send him packing.  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Seems like that has a lot more to do with you than me. :)

Lol, that's so true.  I hope no one comes and tries anyway.

I just can't get over the idea of starting a guy outside who used to be a WR.  It was cute when we needed the depth, that's insane to go into the season with that, imo.  Potential does not equal production, and I love 'em, but this franchise has completely jaded me on that topic.

37 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Edit:  As to your point about drafting a guy, we have 3 vets, and 2 second year guys - both well regarded and Moreau in particular seen as a potential stud - a rookie to develop  or compete is a smart addition.  

Moraeu is the only one of those guys I like from a talent standpoint making an impact at their position, I like him, too.  Our depth chart at CB looks like Norman then a lot of jags and potential, I'm nervous.

4 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

A little unsolicited advice:

If you don’t know the players on the roster...or what positions they actually play (or were signed to play)...maybe you should just read the thread and save the commentary for family and friends.

Right...

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I just can't get over the idea of starting a guy outside who used to be a WR.  It was cute when we needed the depth, that's insane to go into the season with that, imo.  Potential does not equal production, and I love 'em, but this franchise has completely jaded me on that topic.

people can change positions in the NFL, Dunbar has played for three years now, he started a quarter of our games last year.

8 minutes ago, carex said:

people can change positions in the NFL, Dunbar has played for three years now, he started a quarter of our games last year.

Yes, but its not normal for players to switch sides of the ball after they were drafted and excel at that position.  First one that comes to mind for us is Lorenzo Alexander, Patriots had a WR that played corner regularly, but how common is that?  Ya'll are really sold on Dunbar possibly being our outside corner next year?

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, but its not normal for players to switch sides of the ball after they were drafted and excel at that position.  First one that comes to mind for us is Lorenzo Alexander, Patriots had a WR that played corner regularly, but how common is that?  Ya'll are really sold on Dunbar possibly being our outside corner next year?

yes I am.  I mean I think Moreau could beat him out, he was pretty highly regarded till some injuries, but Dunbar can play

12 minutes ago, carex said:

yes.

I can respect that, even if I disagree with you.  I'll try to stay optimistic on the issue if it comes to that.  Still feel we went backwards at depth at corner, though.

12 minutes ago, carex said:

yes I am.  I mean I think Moreau could beat him out, he was pretty highly regarded till some injuries, but Dunbar can play

I saw you edited your post, and I can see that happening, too.  I intentionally didn't mention Moreau because I already said I didn't want to replace Breeland with someone younger then him.  And for clarification, I don't think Dunbar is garbage, that's just not who I want starting outside right now.

4 hours ago, gooseneck said:

I will be really worried if they sign Hankins to play the slot and sign Logan to play the outside and use Hosley as a nose tackle

3 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

A little unsolicited advice:

If you don’t know the players on the roster...or what positions they actually play (or were signed to play)...maybe you should just read the thread and save the commentary for family and friends.

Clearly it is wrong.

We all know that whenever Holsey mans the slot position, it's in a 1-Gap Technique, not the 2-Gap DL described.

But who doesn't get their slots and gaps confused, from time to time ?

I get it.  The ‘potential’ game is a risky one.  I think that’s a big part of why Scandrick was signed to compete (with Holsey) for the slot role.  He’s far from ideal, but I think the money dictated the move to a large extent.  He has had some good years though (I believe), so hopefully his health is better.  I would have loved to add Mathieu instead (slot corner and could have moved to safety if Holsey looked good), but our cap space is limited and we had a lot of areas to address.  

Moraeu is the only one of those guys I like from a talent standpoint making an impact at their position, I like him, too.  Our depth chart at CB looks like Norman then a lot of jags and potential, I'm nervous.

Yeah, I’m a lot less worried about Moreau than Holsey from a ‘potential’ standpoint.  I mean, I have hope for Holsey, and he drew some praise last offseason, but he’s a big question mark.   Moreau is to a point, but he’s in almost the exact position Fuller was in last year - 2nd year player another year removed from injury that had maybe a 1st round grade before dropping to the 3rd from said injury.  Has a heck of a coach in Grey too.  

34 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Darrell Young was another guy to do it ably.  I think Dunbar is a smarter player than Breeland, but I do see a possible step back in terms of talent.  Dunbar has earned the chance though.  Played quite well on ST, made the roster and rose in the ranks flashing at times.  Played surprisingly well for Norman and Breeland last year.  I don’t have full faith there yet, but I feel like he’s got a good shot at playing well for us.  The kicker for me is that we have Moreau to step in if Dunbar is better suited as a backup.  He’s a heck of an athlete and I think he’s gonna be a good starter sooner rather than later.  

So the position isn’t solved, but I like the top 3 on the outside.  The slot is another matter.  Jay has said they want to keep Moreau outside, but their hand could be forced there.  Especially if they draft an outside corner they like.  

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Edit:  As to your point about drafting a guy, we have 3 vets, and 2 second year guys - both well regarded and Moreau in particular seen as a potential stud - a rookie to develop  or compete is a smart a

Could see us drafting a couple of DBs. Tony Brown, day 3, looks like a pick we would make.

Redskins DE Jonathan Allen (foot) isn't sure if he'll be ready for OTAs.

"I would like to think so, but I mean, honestly, there’s no way of telling at this point," said Allen when asked if he'd see a full workload in OTAs. The 2017 first-rounder impressed in five games last year before landing on IR with a Lisfranc injury. The Redskins will surely err on the side of caution with Allen, though the talented 23-year-old should be ready well in advance of Week 1.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jeez are we going to have any healthy guys at OTA/minicamps?? ? Allen, Trent Williams, reed, Morgan Moses, Thompson, that’s just from what’s been reported. 

I think it's more precaution then anything else.

46 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think it's more precaution then anything else.

lol with this team, its a concern. Remember when Reed was hurt during last offseason/preseaon and it lingered all year long.

Archived