Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 hours ago, carex said:

Ted Washington, it's short for Theodore

I find that the studs all have four syllable names, usually one or two syllable first names.

Ted Washington is a perfect example.  If he went by Theodore Washington his production drops.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Haloti Ngata

There is the one.  But he really isn't a nose, he's a 3 or a 5.

It probably will soo be in the news section @Wildbunny 

EDIT IT IS ALREADY IN THE NEWS SECTION. THE LEGENDARY BUNNY! 

but here is a quote from a Washington post article:

According to Coach Jay Gruden, the organization plans to add a “state of the art” recovery center at Redskins Park in an effort to curtail season-ending injuries and eliminate some of the physical wear and tear on players’ bodies.

29 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

It probably will soo be in the news section @Wildbunny 

EDIT IT IS ALREADY IN THE NEWS SECTION. THE LEGENDARY BUNNY! 

but here is a quote from a Washington post article:

According to Coach Jay Gruden, the organization plans to add a “state of the art” recovery center at Redskins Park in an effort to curtail season-ending injuries and eliminate some of the physical wear and tear on players’ bodies.

The fact that they needed to see last season in order to do this is why no matter how much "he WANTS to win, he's a fan guys, and he's hardly involved anymore!" Snyder is still a bad owner.

12 hours ago, carex said:

surprised with this idea that the frst phase of free agency is over for us completely when Bennie Logan was supposedly a backup option for us and he's out there.  Hell, we had to offer a contract to Hankins for as long as he was here.  We heard nothing about it being retracted

I'm wondering if the Skins might try to fix LG by jst throwing people at it.  RIght now people they might try include: Ty Nsekhe, Orlando Franklin, TJ Clemmings, Arie Kouandijo, Kyle Kalis and Tyler Catelina

and actually at NT, they do have three other guys besides Hood.  Francis, Pimkin and a guy named Montori Hughes.  He's never been a start but he did play for four years for the Giants and Colts before just missing it with th Chiefs last year and he's 350 pounds

Playing the waiting game, like most around here.

I would believe high names are still asking for a lot of money and teams are waiting for them to lower their expectancies...

I'm more intrigued by the LG position, as we haven't heard anything about it. Neither Shawn Lauvao have signed somewhere, nor have we bringed in someone for the position.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The fact that they needed to see last season in order to do this is why no matter how much "he WANTS to win, he's a fan guys, and he's hardly involved anymore!" Snyder is still a bad owner.

Some are saying he was good now?

38 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm more intrigued by the LG position, as we haven't heard anything about it. Neither Shawn Lauvao have signed somewhere, nor have we bringed in someone for the position.

Almost makes you wonder if they really like one of the pups and believe they can take over.... that or they have a draft plan.

I suspect if they want a Lauvao or a Lauvao level guy they can pick one up pretty easily and cheaply after the draft. I'd be surprised to see any new arrivals before we pick our new rookies (Of course, now that I've said that we'll pick up five guys in the next few hours)

41 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Almost makes you wonder if they really like one of the pups and believe they can take over.... that or they have a draft plan.

I suspect if they want a Lauvao or a Lauvao level guy they can pick one up pretty easily and cheaply after the draft. I'd be surprised to see any new arrivals before we pick our new rookies (Of course, now that I've said that we'll pick up five guys in the next few hours)

I know Ty Nskehe is a tackle but can’t he play guard too??..moving him inside,even being that’s not his natural position would be an upgrade to what we have now??..even him being a backup,he’d be a starter on just about any other team in the league??

2 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

I know Ty Nskehe is a tackle but can’t he play guard too??..moving him inside,even being that’s not his natural position would be an upgrade to what we have now??..even him being a backup,he’d be a starter on just about any other team in the league??

I dont think Ty can play guard. But he played LT when we moved Williams to guard a couple of season ago for a couple of games. And Williams was absolutely brutalizing people at guard. It is nice to know we have that ability if need be.

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think Ty can play guard. But he played LT when we moved Williams to guard a couple of season ago for a couple of games. And Williams was absolutely brutalizing people at guard. It is nice to know we have that ability if need be.

pretty sure he lined up at guard a few times last year... 

On 12/19/2017 at 7:54 PM, DC9 said:

I really think the rebuilding part should be close to done.  It's not, but it should be.

Yes, I understand how poor our roster has been, but for me, this next year is make or break for everyone.

I really think this team had a nasty disposition this year.  The injuries were such a pain and really derailed what was a promising season.  Add some more to that up the middle of the defense (another DT, hopefully the kid from UGA in the draft cause he is just ridiculous nasty at ILB, and a Safety to go with Swearinger) and some NFL-caliber weapons on offense and we can play with anyone.

the Skins have been stuck in virtually the same spot for years now, regardless of who has been making the decisions. I’m at the point now where my expectations are low and I have no excitement heading into this upcoming season because I feel like I’ve now been fooled many times in the past. The common denominator is Dan Snyder regardless of who has been coach, GM or president. I’d love to eat crow at some point but I feel as long as Snyder is the owner, we aren’t going anywhere. So, even if we could realistically add some pieces here and there and compete with anyone, I have no faith in Snyder/Allen to make the right moves.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

@OVCChairman thanks for that. I never knew he could play the position. With what we are paying him maybe they are planning to use him there?

I would imagine it's OPTION, but not the PLAN.  

I hope we address that position long term.  I like everything he stands for, but there's a reason he's not starting now.  He's a very solid piece to have, versatile, and can essentially play 4 of the 5 positions on the O-line, so he's got value.   That said, I don't want him to be the 16 game starter at LG... 

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This is a ways off... but I could envision drafting a tackle by next year (2 might be better as we’ll likely be losing Nsheke).  If they come on strong, we could always move Trent inside for a year.  If not, let them develop as the swing tackle.

He’s a beast, but 1) we need a succession plan and 2) I like the possibility of trading him in 2020 (right before his last season), or letting him go in FA (in 2021) and getting a comp pick.  

Walterfootball.com - take on McPhee's signing. 

He's late to the party, but none the less.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Redskins sign DE/OLB Pernell McPhee (1 year, $1.8 million; $350,000 guaranteed): A+ Grade
I absolutely love this signing. In fact, my eyeballs nearly popped out of my sockets when I saw the money on this deal.

Pernell McPhee is worth so much more than $350,000 guaranteed on a 1-year contract. He's a very talented edge rusher, but the problem is that he hasn't been able to stay healthy. He's missed 12 games in the past three seasons, and he was banged up in some of the contests he played. However, he'll be a very effective player for the Redskins if he can stay injury-free. That may seem like a big "if" right now, but with this money, Washington isn't risking anything. The Redskins will also be getting McPhee at his absolute best, as this "prove it" contract will have him highly motivated to land more money next spring.

This is definitely an A+. It's a high-upside, very low-risk signing that will almost certainly pan out.

16 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

This is so inaccurate, I'll just leave it at that

in other words  "hey, I cant disprove what you said so ill make a smart ass comment to save face" got you

Every player on your list, other than Gilmore got an average or below PFF grade. Allen got poor grade.

Gilmore struggled early, but came on late to play well. I would argue every other Patriots FA was an average at best signing

1 hour ago, dahibachi said:

the Skins have been stuck in virtually the same spot for years now, regardless of who has been making the decisions. I’m at the point now where my expectations are low and I have no excitement heading into this upcoming season because I feel like I’ve now been fooled many times in the past. The common denominator is Dan Snyder regardless of who has been coach, GM or president. I’d love to eat crow at some point but I feel as long as Snyder is the owner, we aren’t going anywhere. So, even if we could realistically add some pieces here and there and compete with anyone, I have no faith in Snyder/Allen to make the right moves.

"Years" is a strong way to say that there has been stability for three seasons.  The talent has improved and the coaching is night and day better.  Just that last piece of the puzzle that we've really never had under Snyder... a strong personnel department in the front office.

If he gets that right we can win a championship in the next few seasons (probably 2020-2022 would be the best window assuming they hit on everything they need to) with the current group.  The patient approach has paid off, but they need to kick it into the next gear and I'm just not sure Bruce Allen has ever had that "next gear" at any of his stops.  Hopefully Doug gets his way and we can see what he really brings to the table.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

(Of course, now that I've said that we'll pick up five guys in the next few hours)

I'd rather them not to.

Or it'll completly ****ed up my friday morning as I'll have tons of articles to post in BHRBN before even starting work :P

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

"Years" is a strong way to say that there has been stability for three seasons.  The talent has improved and the coaching is night and day better.  Just that last piece of the puzzle that we've really never had under Snyder... a strong personnel department in the front office.

If he gets that right we can win a championship in the next few seasons (probably 2020-2022 would be the best window assuming they hit on everything they need to) with the current group.  The patient approach has paid off, but they need to kick it into the next gear and I'm just not sure Bruce Allen has ever had that "next gear" at any of his stops.  Hopefully Doug gets his way and we can see what he really brings to the table.

I think it's a bit early to be creating an exit strategy to get out of the Trent Williams business.  He's 29 and is our best player playing one of the most important positions in the game. 

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think it's a bit early to be creating an exit strategy to get out of the Trent Williams business.  He's 29 and is our best player playing one of the most important positions in the game. 

I dont see where he is advocating for an exit strategy for Trent??

Archived