Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

4 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I truly think this may be one of my favorite off seasons in a long time. Collecting comp picks (4 next year!), retaining the guys I would have definitely kept (Brown, Dunbar), not signing any mcfatties for fat paychecks that cancel out comp picks, dumping distractions and sunk costs and getting decent return in Cravens' case.

Let's be real, we were the very definition of mediocre the last 3 seasons. You are what your record is. Inking the signal caller who lead those teams to a record breaking contract and keeping all of the guys that signed elsewhere for a decent chunk of change would have been the definition of insanity.

I believe we had 10 picks last year. 8 this year. 11 next year. We have a real chance to stock our roster with cheap talent. I really am so curious to see how this draft plays out. If they nail it like I thought they nailed it last year, I will be pretty excited for this year.

The icing on the cake (to me) is signing Hankins.  They do that I give them a B+. :)

1 hour ago, Rskins91 said:

We have a history of some good 3rd and 5th round picks in recent years. Hell, Alfred Morris was a 6th rounder too. It's no guarantee these picks will hit, but the more picks you have, the better chance you get of hitting gold.

I don't disagree, maybe you get lucky. The more scratch off cards you buy the more likely you'll hit one. Hard to be excited like about that though. There just seems to be a lot of concern over how many more  6th round comp picks we might get.

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

So people get upset when we DON'T trade a player that clearly has no future here and call it ego...

Then they get mad when we DO trade a player and get additional draft picks as well as position in a very tepid market... for a player who clearly has no future here.  

I am operating under the assumption that anything Bruce Allen does was done in a Coors Light haze and is probably the wrong thing to do.

9 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

One third rounder. For Kirk.  The rest 5 and 6. And you haven't named anyone past the 4th round that's done anything. Well, Norman, but we didn't draft him. 95% of comp picks won't make the team.  Roullier a starter? By attrition only. Yes, camp fodder.

no, Roullier is not the starter due to Long leaving, Long was allowed to leave because Roullier is the starter

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Jay-Gruden-praises-rookie-center-Chase-Roullier--112460985

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I quoted you earlier with all of our picks on those rounds since 2014. Not camp fodder, quality depth and starters. Roullier is the starter because they like him, they were raving about him last year in his rookie season.

I saw your picks. They are fine but not 6th rounders. I'm not talking about 3rd and 4th rounders being camp fodder. I'm talking 6-7 rounders. Have I missed something? Do we have 3rd and 4th round comp picks coming? One 3rd for Kirk is all I know about. The rest are 6s I believe.

8 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

I truly think this may be one of my favorite off seasons in a long time. Collecting comp picks (4 next year!), retaining the guys I would have definitely kept (Brown, Dunbar), not signing any mcfatties for fat paychecks that cancel out comp picks, dumping distractions and sunk costs and getting decent return in Cravens' case.

Let's be real, we were the very definition of mediocre the last 3 seasons. You are what your record is. Inking the signal caller who lead those teams to a record breaking contract and keeping all of the guys that signed elsewhere for a decent chunk of change would have been the definition of insanity.

I believe we had 10 picks last year. 8 this year. 11 next year. We have a real chance to stock our roster with cheap talent. I really am so curious to see how this draft plays out. If they nail it like I thought they nailed it last year, I will be pretty excited for this year.

If you want to be 7-9 for the rest of history, Bruce Allen is your man. He is topped only by Jeff Fisher in delivering tepid mediocrity year after year.

I'm telling you, I miss the Vinny years. The chance at a 3-13 season at last made the draft fun. And if the stars ever aligned on Vinny's big plays, well, then you're going to lose a road playoff game. There's all kinds of emotional swings there.

3 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I saw your picks. They are fine but not 6th rounders. I'm not talking about 3rd and 4th rounders being camp fodder. I'm talking 6-7 rounders. Have I missed something? Do we have 3rd and 4th round comp picks coming? One 3rd for Kirk is all I know about. The rest are 6s I believe.

one third, one fifth, two sixths, assuming no further signings.  Breeland and Gallette are still out there and could get decent contracts

1 minute ago, carex said:

no, Roullier is not the starter due to Long leaving, Long was allowed to leave because Roullier is the starter

https://247sports.com/nfl/washington-redskins/Bolt/Jay-Gruden-praises-rookie-center-Chase-Roullier--112460985

Although we did appear to ask about Sullivan in free agency before he went back to the Rams. So that maybe isn't a given about Roullier.

4 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

A 3rd, a 5th, two 6ths & a 7th.

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick *shrugs* 

1 minute ago, carex said:

Well that's one way to look at it. Cause we're so loaded on O-line, we will allow Long to leave. Chase could be the 6th round gem you find once every few years. Hope so.

3 minutes ago, -JB- said:

A 3rd, a 5th, two 6ths & a 7th.  

4 picks is the maximum

3 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Well that's one way to look at it. Cause we're so loaded on O-line, we will allow Long to leave. Chase could be the 6th round gem you find once every few years. Hope so.

we worked him at guard for several years, maybe the Skins didn't consider him a significant upgrade on what we had there

There’s a certain population that is so jaded with the team they pan virtually every move.  There’s another group that’s decided that since the first group exists, they will defend virtually every move.  

One group appears to be fed up with the mediocrity (following years of even worse), and the other appears to celebrate consistent mediocrity as an improvement (with the hope of something more).  

One is the lone sullen kid on the seesaw, one is the goofy kid on the swings.

Then there’s the whole rest of the playground where we can all have fun playing tag and ****... even if we occasionally skin our knees or get into fights.  

Have fun. :)

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

There’s a certain population that is so jaded with the team they pan virtually every move.  There’s another group that’s decided that since the first group exists, they will defend virtually every move.  

One group appears to be fed up with the mediocrity (following years of even worse), and the other appears to celebrate consistent mediocrity as an improvement (with the hope of something more).  

One is the lone sullen kid on the seesaw, one is the goofy kid on the swings.

Then there’s the whole rest of the playground where we can all have fun playing tag and ****... even if we occasionally skin our knees or get into fights.  

Have fun. :)

I'm on the seesaw. Nobody else can get on cause the other end is way up in the air.

Our previous seven drafts. Out of 59 total picks, 11 remain on our team. The last three years, we've gotten much better at drafting. But again, it's because we really suck at it. I'm not sure how this stacks up against other teams. I can't believe we have no one from the 2012 draft left on this team. RG3 was rookie of the year, Kirk looked awesome, Morris was incredible. Shows how quickly things change. I don't have 2017 included, but we've kept everyone from it. 

1. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
2. Su'a Cravens, S, USC 
3. Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
5. Matt Ioanndis, DL, Temple
6. Nate Sudfeld, QB, Indiana
7. Steven Daniels, LB, Boston College
7. Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia

1. Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
2. Preston Smith, LB, Mississippi State 
3. Matt Jones, RB, Florida
4. Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
4. Arie Kouandjio, OL, Alabama
5. Martrell Spaight, LB, Arkansas
6. Kyshoen Jarrett, DB, Virginia Tech
6. Tevin Mitchel, CB, Arkansas
6. Evan Spencer, WR, Ohio State
7. Austin Reiter, OL, South Florida

2. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford
3. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
3. Spencer Long, OG, Nebraska
4. Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
5. Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane
6. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
7. Ted Bolser, TE, Indiana
7. Zach Hocker, K, Arkansas 

2. David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
3. Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
4. Phillip Thomas, SS, Fresno State
5. Chris Thompson, RB, Florida State
5. Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
6. Bacarri Rambo, SS, Georgia
7. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers

1. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Josh LeRibeus, OG, SMU
4. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan St.
4. Keenan Robinson, ILB, Texas
5. Adam Gettis, OG, Iowa
6. Alfred Morris, RB, Florida Atlantic
6. Tom Compton, OT, South Dakota
7. Richard Crawford, CB, SMU
7. Jordan Bernstine, S, Iowa

1. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
2. Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson
3. Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
4. Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
5. DeJon Gomes, S, Nebraska
5. Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
6. Evan Royster, RB, Penn State
6. Aldrick Robinson, WR, SMU
7. Brandyn Thompson, CB, Boise State
7. Maurice Hurt, OL, Florida
7. Markus White, LB, Florida State
7. Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia

1. Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
4. Perry Riley, LB, LSU
5. Dennis Morris, TE, Louisiana Tech
7. Terrence Austin, WR, UCLA
7. Erik Cook, C, New Mexico
7. Selvish Capers, OT, West Virginia

23 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

One third rounder. For Kirk.  The rest 5 and 6. And you haven't named anyone past the 4th round that's done anything. Well, Norman, but we didn't draft him. 95% of comp picks won't make the team.  Roullier a starter? By attrition only. Yes, camp fodder.

Chris Thompson?

Matt Ioannidis?

6 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Not according to overthecap.com

https://overthecap.com/draft/

take a look at the list or comp picks on the side.  Terelle Pryor is now the last Skin on the list, despite Niles Paul 2. something million dollar contract being more than the final few players on the list.  They have the chart that shows everyone because of people potentially cancelling out.  For example if we sign someone at about Pryor's price range, Paul's seventh round contract would likely come back into play

2 minutes ago, carex said:

https://overthecap.com/draft/

take a look at the list or comp picks on the side.  Terelle Pryor is now the last Skin on the list, despite Niles Paul 2. something million dollar contract being more than the final few players on the list.  They have the chart that shows everyone because of people potentially cancelling out.  For example if we sign someone at about Pryor's price range, Paul's seventh round contract would likely come back into play

Ok.  Well screw the 7th rounder then lol

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

@AdamSchefter Denver is swapping fourth- and fifth-round picks, and giving another 5th-round pick with Washington in exchange for safety Su’a Cravens, per source. Cravens is a Bronco.

Another great Scott M pick, true "football player".

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Another great Scott M pick, true "football player".

You know he was drunk as hell when he interviewed Cravens lolol

Scot - Ok Sueya so they call you Suzie amiright??

Cravens - No that’s just my Twitter... *Scot interrupts*

Scot - Don’t you hate it when you step on a ****ing LEGO? Those little ****ers come out of nowhere, I don’t even have any kids, that’s what’s most funny about it.  Can you imagin if a football was made out of LEGO’s?? Imagine a fumble and 6 different guys got the ball cause it explodes into pieces *hiccups* So what’s your name again??

Archived