Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

16 minutes ago, Timberob said:

He's going to sign a 1 year deal with incentives is my guess.   With that in mind, the Skins should get back in on him. 

I can see that... he's 'tainted' at this point, so teams may be a bit weary to offer up a long term deal when he's already failed a physical.... Don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see it.  

59 minutes ago, carex said:

a foot infection shouldn't "taint" him that much unless it's gangrenous

No matter what happens now... every GM / Coach / DB coach will say "what happened with that failed physical?"  Questions will be asked about an injury to the foot and the effect it has on speed / breaking ability.  It's going to basically be on his permanent record that he was not physically fit enough for the Panthers to sign him. 

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Comp picks only take guaranteed money into account, right?  I really hope Breeland doesn't accept an incentive heavy deal...

Incentives come out of the average per year I think, but the money included in the calc doesn't have to be guaranteed as such. 

Thought this was interesting.  Our front 7, when healthy, is really underrated when it comes to getting after the QB.  We ranked 2nd in the league in total pressures, behind the Eagles.

Total pressures: 269. 

Top pass rusher: Ryan Kerrigan (51 pressures). 

Washington was one of 12 teams to clear 40 sacks on the season. The Redskins' underrated front seven offers a bevy of players who can get after the quarterback on a consistent basis, with Kerrigan leading the way. Third-year pass rusher Preston Smith is one of the more underrated young defenders in the league. He led all players with 200 or more pass-rush attempts in pressure rate, recording a pressure on 15.9 percent of his rushes. His sack totals (eight in 2017) simply don't do his play justice. Washington had three players finish inside the top 12 in pressure rate in 2017, with impending free agent Junior Galette joining Kerrigan and Smith. The team also has another young potential star on its hands in 2017 first-round pick Jonathan Allen. The rookie went down early with a Lisfranc injury, but he looked like the next great interior disruptor, with 16 pressures in just five games.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915923/article/eagles-redskins-seahawks-head-nfls-best-passrushing-units

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I still think it's worth a shot.  What's to lose?  He'll come cheap and it's a big need.

If we luck out, he'll take the Junior Gallette health path. 2 season ending injuries before the season begins, then healthy the next year.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Redskins talking to Bowman, any traction on that one :kickcan:

Bowman as in Navarro Bowman? I thought we were pretty much stacked there with Foster and Brown taken care of plus Zach Vigil and whoever else behind them? I'd have expected at least a single D-Lineman, even if it's only to kick the tires.

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

Once he failed the physical, why was Breeland coming back never in the table, seems from either side. He's out liable to take a much friendlier deal from somebody. 

You do not know they didn't try. Maybe since the team let him hit free agency he has decided to move on - not uncommon at all. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Bowman as in Navarro Bowman? I thought we were pretty much stacked there with Foster and Brown taken care of plus Zach Vigil and whoever else behind them? I'd have expected at least a single D-Lineman, even if it's only to kick the tires.

If the Hankins ship has sailed, I think we sniff back around Logan on the cheap. Works in our rotation for me at half the price. Bring in a vet OG like Boone or a vet WR like Maclin with the change..or pick up one of the handful of very solid safeties left on the market. Options all over the place pre draft.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You do not know they didn't try. Maybe since the team let him hit free agency he has decided to move on - not uncommon at all. 

If we go into next season with Scandrick starting and Dunbar at slot, we deserve to have a losing record.

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I still think Breeland gets well paid elsewhere. The Grant deal was a clear mistake by the Ravens. The Panthers got nervous over Breelands injury, but I reckon that will pass over and someone gives him real decent money. We'll upgrade our comp pick haul in 2019 because he could net us a 4th or 5th to knock the lowest ranked one out....or we sign Logan on a similar deal to offset. Just my take at the minute.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

If we go into next season with Scandrick starting and Dunbar at slot, we deserve to have a losing record.

Still got the draft, or we swoop back around DRC when his demands drop.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Still got the draft, or we swoop back around DRC when his demands drop.

I'll be fine with DRC, not a rookie, though.  I keep having to tell my dad that being mad at Breeland's youngin mistakes is hypocritical if the answer is to draft someone to start opposite Norman.  He'll get lit the F up, too, like Breeland was the year before from people avoiding Norman and liking that matchup more. 

We've still somehow turned another strength into a weakness, Breeland is worth more to us then those picks right now if we don't get DRC or someone who ranked well starting last year, imo.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'll be fine with DRC, not a rookie, though.  I keep having to tell my dad that being mad at Breeland's youngin mistakes is hypocritical if the answer is to draft someone to start opposite Norman.  He'll get lit the F up, too, like Breeland was the year before from people avoiding Norman and liking that matchup more. 

We've still somehow turned another strength into a weakness, Breeland is worth more to us then those picks right now if we don't get DRC or someone who ranked well starting last year, imo.

I don't know what to make on Breeland. Like his play, can't judge his character, have a feeling he's talked himself out of DC. No facts, just a guess.

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I don't know what to make on Breeland. Like his play, can't judge his character, have a feeling he's talked himself out of DC. No facts, just a guess.

Me neither, man.  I thought he played better last year then the year before. He's asking price may be more then they want to pay a #2 corner, and my worry with the "let him test FA and be open to him coming back" is he's already been offered a contract by someone (even though it fell through). Another example of us being cheap instead of frugal, imo. 

Archived