Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

34 minutes ago, dyst said:

lol with this team, its a concern. Remember when Reed was hurt during last offseason/preseaon and it lingered all year long.

For Reed much more so.  This is his last year in B&G, IMO.  Too much money for a player that can't stay healthy 1/2 a season.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

lol with this team, its a concern. Remember when Reed was hurt during last offseason/preseaon and it lingered all year long.

Yep.  I was encouraged to hear Gruden say they found the underlying problem/cause of all the foot/leg problems though.  At least, that’s how I heard it. :)

Anybody got an update on Hankins, has he got any visits lined up with other teams?. What's the chances that the Skins have told his agent to let them know what other offers he gets and we would go slightly over to get him to the Redskins. I would really like to sign him so we can go BPA in 1st round of the draft. 

HTTR 

5 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Anybody got an update on Hankins, has he got any visits lined up with other teams?. What's the chances that the Skins have told his agent to let them know what other offers he gets and we would go slightly over to get him to the Redskins. I would really like to sign him so we can go BPA in 1st round of the draft. 

HTTR 

APRIL FOOLS AND DON'T @ME, LOL.

28 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

HTTR 

Last year Hankins had a standing multi year offer from the Giants and on April 11th he visited the Colts and signed on the 13th. Could be he is holding out hoping for a team to make a late offer like last year. Could still be a while. 

12 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Last year Hankins had a standing multi year offer from the Giants and on April 11th he visited the Colts and signed on the 13th. Could be he is holding out hoping for a team to make a late offer like last year. Could still be a while. 

While I understand your overall point, that's a little misleading. He had several other offers too. More importantly, the Giants offer was there from the start - even before he entered free agency since he was part of their team. So he had that offer before he made any visits to other teams. 

This year is a bit different situation also. He is now looking at his 3rd team in 3 yrs. He likely wants to get paid like he did last year. My guess - and yes it's just a guess - teams are seeing it much differently. The story is the Colts let him go because they are moving to a 4-3. But I believe he played in a 4-3 with the Giants. Last year was actually his first year as a NT. Seems a bit odd that he was arguably successful with them last year and now they have a chance to move him to his original position RDT - and they let him go. Yea, it helped their CAP - I believe $9M - but without that move they still had over $50M in CAP space. It's just not really adding up. 

Don't get me wrong. I agree he can absolutely help this team and I hope they sign him. But while as time goes on and I look at the data more closely - I think it's good they are being cautious here. 

The Titans were reportedly waiting in the wings on the Hankins situation. A team like them with 40mil in space, I could easily see Hankins taking a one year 10mil plus deal from them. Not sure he fits into our circumstance right now.

More chance we pick up another depth vet on defence, I like the 'rumor/story' of us talking to Bowman, and then bring in a vet interior OL. I could actually see Lauvao back on a minimum deal although I like Boone....:kickcan:

16 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The Titans were reportedly waiting in the wings on the Hankins situation. A team like them with 40mil in space, I could easily see Hankins taking a one year 10mil plus deal from them. Not sure he fits into our circumstance right now.

More chance we pick up another depth vet on defence, I like the 'rumor/story' of us talking to Bowman, and then bring in a vet interior OL. I could actually see Lauvao back on a minimum deal although I like Boone....:kickcan:

Anything but Lauvao!!!  I cannot take another season of watching him get blown up on most every important play. Yea, he looks OK play to play. But when it counts most the other team knows they can blow him up at any time. 

Not sure how I feel about Bowman at this point. Surprised he does not want to stay in Oakland more - and could be using us (and others) to drive up their price. But they appear to be ones who stick to their scales - something the Redskins are trying to do. Not sure he fits the Redskins budget. Who knows. Would be a good addition talent wise. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Don't get me wrong. I agree he can absolutely help this team and I hope they sign him. But while as time goes on and I look at the data more closely - I think it's good they are being cautious here.

I agree, either the Colts made one of the dumbest decisions in recent history or there's an underlying issue.

I don't care if the scheme changed, the guy is one of the highest rated run stoppers in football, you don't cut good 26-year-old D lineman, you find a way to use them because their hard to come by.

Something smells a bit fishy.

16 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I agree, either the Colts made one of the dumbest decisions in recent history or there's an underlying issue.

I don't care if the scheme changed, the guy is one of the highest rated run stoppers in football, you don't cut good 26-year-old D lineman, you find a way to use them because their hard to come by.

Something smells a bit fishy.

I'm over the whole Hankins thing. I think It's pretty obvious that the Skins aren't really interested. I think they're looking at drafting Da'ron Payne to pair him with his old college teammate Jonathan Allen as Vita Vea will almost certainly be gone when the Skins pick at 13 and honestly, I think there's a LOT more upside with Payne than with Vea. The kid is only 20 years old. His body is still developing as is his potential. 

20 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I'm over the whole Hankins thing. I think It's pretty obvious that the Skins aren't really interested. I think they're looking at drafting Da'ron Payne to pair him with his old college teammate Jonathan Allen as Vita Vea will almost certainly be gone when the Skins pick at 13 and honestly, I think there's a LOT more upside with Payne than with Vea. The kid is only 20 years old. His body is still developing as is his potential. 

Agree, heck sign Bennie Logan to a 1 year deal and then pray that Vita fall to us or like you said take Allen's college teammate in Payne. I even would warm up to the idea of trading back and getting Taven Bryan or Maurice Hurst. Hankins is waiting around for a bigger deal.

1 minute ago, MEANDWARF said:

Agree, heck sign Bennie Logan to a 1 year deal and then pray that Vita fall to us or like you said take Allen's college teammate in Payne. I even would warm up to the idea of trading back and getting Taven Bryan or Maurice Hurst. Hankins is waiting around for a bigger deal.

Yeah if Hankins isn't going to sign a multi year deal i'd rather sign the cheaper logan and draft Vea/Payne and have a young stud DL to grow together.

Use the money to extended one or more of our guys or get  Bowman and a stop gap LG (unless they like Kalis) and some DB depth.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

1 hour ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I get being frustrated by the process - but what makes you so sure that the Redskins are not interested? They may not be interested at his current asking price. 

He did not sign until April 13th last year. His agent is known for putting out ridiculous contracts and then letting the market settle itself. So not sure where you get the Redskins are not really interested. Are you saying no other teams are really interested since he has not signed with anyone yet? 

2 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Was there a report we pulled our offer?  

I think we're still very interested... but we're not very interested in overspending... 

14 hours ago, Califan007 said:

#12 - Redskins: $17.3M

#28 - Giants: $4.9M

#29 - Cowboys: $2.6M

#32 - Eagles: $1.8M

Can someone lobby the NFL to award divisional playoff spots due to cap space available? 

3 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

The last report I saw (from Keim) was that the Redskins and Hankins' side has stayed in contact with each other since Hankins visited the team a while ago.

That doesn't sound like they have "lost interest". It doesn't mean they'll sign him, either. But I think the Redskins are still interested.

EDIT: Here is Keim's article, dated March 27th:

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/36071/redskins-on-hold-with-johnathan-hankins-but-draft-could-yield-better-dl-options

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

The last report I saw (from Keim) was that the Redskins and Hankins' side has stayed in contact with each other since Hankins visited the team a while ago.

That doesn't sound like they have "lost interest". It doesn't mean they'll sign him, either. But I think the Redskins are still interested.

I was hoping that we would still be talking with Hankins gents, I think he will be signed to a team in a week or so hopefully it will be the Redskins.

HTTR 

RE: Drafting a NT - Many are targeting #13 for that pick. IMHO if you are going DT that early they have to be able to push the pocket and generate pressure up the middle. If we are genuinely looking for a space eating NT I'd rather go with a later pick that will primarily be a 2 down guy. That means I'd be out on Vea, Payne, Hurst or Bryan. I'd rather target Tim Settle in the 3rd, BJ Hill in the 4th,  Derrick Nnadi in the 4th, Kendrick Norton in the 5th or Du'Vonta Lampkin in the 6th.

I look at this past Superbowl and the games leading up and if your DL can't consistently beat their man in front of them they are a situational player, which when against a great QB, doesn't fit the gameplan. 

Imagine spending the 13th overall pick on someone like Vea, who's great, but when we need a win against someone like Brady he's barely on the field. Seems like a waste when you can get a 3 down defender (LB or DB) or get someone that can help the offence move the ball (OL/WR/RB). 

Archived