Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

On 3/15/2018 at 11:12 PM, carex said:

I'm surprised no one is interested in Cravens, especially with the kinds of guys who get second chances in the NFL

Yeah, domestic violence DUI, aggregated assault. Those are the run of the mill character flaws. But talking about walking away from the game means your heart isn't in it. ?

Agree that the issue with Cravens is Heart and his effect in the locker room. He was great at USC and has shown some real flashes. I’ll not soon forget his pick at the end of a Giants game to seal the win. Would love to give him a second chance but he has to decide what he wants to be.

7 hours ago, Rocky52Mc said:

Is that what you nitpicked...really?

If there's 32 picks in the 3rd round, and then you're given a an extra pick 3-4 picks after the 32nd, would you call that a 3 or a 4?

Ever heard of New England always crying that their 1st rounders are actually low 2's?

I hope you enjoyed making me write this.

It's because you meant "realistically" but saying "technically" in that regard was like throwing chum to sharks, technically.  ;->. It wasn't personal, just low-hanging fruit. Realistically, you had a point.

Interesting that it seems to have been Pierre Garcon's personal recommendation that made Paul Richardson take the plunge with us. It seems his agent was already on it, and obviously the contract was good market value. But he really emphasized, twice, in his introductory press conference that Pierre told him he'd be a good fit here and should go for it. We know there were some frictions with Pierre here, especially towards the end. This, to me, confirms that it was Kirk and the opportunities he was getting from him that were the problem, not Gruden or the offense. If Pierre had an axe to grind with anyone still here, it appears he may have talked Richardson out of signing here. 

19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

.....confirms that it was Kirk and the opportunities he was getting from him that were the problem, not Gruden or the offense. If Pierre had an axe to grind with anyone still here, it appears he may have talked Richardson out of signing here. 

https://youtu.be/hAYDDVzqOTo

Possible, Pierre mos definitely wasn't a big fan at times.

Wish we could afford Suh. We need some nasty on the team.

Shocked that Grant failed his physical. That cost us a compensation pick but also makes me question this teams medical staff. Or did they make him fail the test because of the fan base reaction...

Raven fans speculate that Crabtree release made them drop Grant. This sounds really weird. Grant his agent better calls some lawyer, players association and the league office. I would not let this pass easy if he makes way less somewhere else. 

Edit; see somebody found more info. Ankle injury from his final game. Hmm what kind of big time injury can that be? But I understand that Ravens won't take any risk with health of WR because of their recent history. 

7 hours ago, redrobert said:

Anybody Else think Morris would be an upgrade at RB? Is he out there or does Dallas still have him?

**** NO, Morris is the exact opposite of what we need. We need a ****ing PLAYMAKER running the ball. For too long we've had these slow ****s being our #1 back. Idc how great of a person they are. Tired of our QB having not having a reliable RB to take the pressure off of him.

Only slow back that needs to play with us is Perine. We need a threat at RB. A player opposing DCs have to worry about when they face us. We need a Gurley, Hunt, Elliot caliber player. 

Hoping we draft Guice or Michel. 

2 hours ago, jerryred said:
  • so say we sign Tyrann Mathieu does that cancel out the 3 round pick we are suppose to get for cousins 

No because he was released (cut) and is not an unrestricted free agent who was available because his contract expired 

4 hours ago, TK said:

A few things I'm hearing-

They won't offer Logan more then they did last year though it still may come together

Curious what the plan is for DL if they bow out of Logan and watch Wilkerson, Richardson and Poe go elsewhere. Does that mean we're going bargain hunting and drafting high (and nabbing a RB later since that position is so deep) or are they perhaps willing to spend on the Honey Badger? I get not wanting to overpay but at a certain point you need to plug holes. You know Manusky and Tomsula are pressuring BA for some new toys after Jay gets his on offense.

Getting Brown back is massive.

Credit to the FO from me. I think both the Richardson and Brown deals are excellent value. Also, the deals given to our departing FA are generally rich for my taste, so credit there too for not overpaying.

I also wouldnt have paid Poe 9m p/y, although I'm refelecting on why we didn't roll the dice on Wilkerson. He only got a 5mil prove it deal, and unless we bag another DL, Logan now, then not taking a chance on Wilkerson could be a mistake. We'd still need a DT but he'd have been a worthy DL risk at that price.

Need a couple more in. DRC would do a solid job. Mathieu would be fantastic. Need an interior OL pickup.

I like how FA is going so far outside of the Dline, but that alone really has me down. 

Really concerned we’re going to still have issues stopping the run and I don’t think I can stand one more year of that. Just absolutely has killed us. Kilt. 

I don’t want them going into the draft feeling like they HAVE to draft certain positions. That’s a recipe for disaster and I’m getting the sense with the way Doug is phrasing things that they’re ok with doing that. We were extremely fortunate to have Allen fall to us last year, but could you imagine if he didn’t and we were mainly relying on McGee and McClain from the onset? 

There is potential we’ll get a perfectly healthy season from both Allen and Ioannidis, which will be a boon to our run defense. And maybe someone like Francis or McClain emerges/improves while McGee maintains... but depending on that scenario after seeing just how bad the drop off was once one of the top two guys got hurt is simply criminal.

That’s not fair to Tomsula, not fair to Manusky, and not fair to the rest of the coaches and players. That’s two years straight almost single-handedly ruined by way of an absolute porous rush defense. FIX IT. 

I loved Alex Smith immediately asking Bruce, after the initial idle talk, if he’s “getting anything done here”, while Bruce talks about Manusky and Tomsula clamoring for pieces. Chyeah, I’m sure they are. 

51 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I loved Alex Smith immediately asking Bruce, after the initial idle talk, if he’s “getting anything done here”, while Bruce talks about Manusky and Tomsula clamoring for pieces. Chyeah, I’m sure they are. 

Hell I'm impressed that he doesn't have that bottle of wine on top of the curio cabinet like he did in a picture from one of the guys signing a few years ago. You know, since the League has that whole no alcohol in the building policy & what happened to the last real GM.  

9 minutes ago, TK said:

Hell I'm impressed that he doesn't have that bottle of wine on top of the curio cabinet like he did in a picture from one of the guys signing a few years ago. You know, since the League has that whole no alcohol in the building policy & what happened to the last real GM.  

Hopefully that’s not the only lesson he’s learned in the last year or so. :mellow:

17 minutes ago, TK said:

Pics or it never happened...

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Logan and Honey Badger and I would say we have had an great FA so far. We desperately NEED a NT. 

HTTR 

r255513_576x324_16-9.jpg

This guy ain't chopped liver. I truly think some of our fans forgot we drafted him in round 1 last year.

we could use some depth, but i would not call it desperate.

Both of our starting inside DL got hurt, Allen missed more than 2/3 of the season. Our two ILB got hurt.. Foster missed more than 2/3 of the season. Ionnaidis missed a couple of games and then played hurt with a broken hand for a month.

Those things are going to damage your run defense.

But prior to those injuries, this defense was making noise.

That said,, if we went and got Benny Logan on a nice friendly deal, if we used our top pick on the big boy from Washington, or Allen's line-mate at 'Bama, i wouldn't complain. And if we don't, i would be alright with that as well.

And further, if we decided tomorrow to drop the 3-4 and go back to a 4-3, i'd be VERY happy. Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems to me our interior guys would be much more suited to it.

~Bang

9 hours ago, CTskin said:

John released Crabtree, which, in turn screwed Jay.

Are you kidding or serious? If you are kidding then ignore what is to follow. 

I am not seeing how the Ravens/Grant agreement - or lack there of - screwed Jay. The Redskins made a decision to release Grant. He agreed to a contract with the Ravens - they decided to back out citing a failed physical. Grant is now an URFA - that's it.

And BTW: There is nothing that Grant or the NFLPA can do to the Ravens. The doctor found enough to void the contract - was it dirty? Probably. But those killing the players for playing hardball with the teams demanding money should see this as exhibit 1 of why they have to do that. The teams play absolute cut-throat with players - which fans seem to be mostly Ok with. But if a player plays rough back they are greedy and self-fish. 

Back to Jay - how does this screw Jay in any way shape or form? The Redskins are not on the hook for anything at all. If they bring him back in it's entirely their decision. Now an argument could be made the release of Crabtree hurt Grant - but that is not on Jon or Jay for that matter. that is totally on the Ravens. 

I like how this looks for our team: (from Paul Richardson)

On how much of his decision to sign with the Redskins had to do with the offense and what former wide receivers were able to do in Washington:

“That played a big role. I’m friends with DeSean [Jackson]. I’m friends with Pierre [Garçon]. They’re both great guys, great receivers. Especially Pierre, when Pierre told me this would be a great fit for me, I trusted him. He described the staff to me. He described the offense, and then, you know, I look. I pay attention to teams. I look up Alex, I look up the offense, I just see where guys are getting open, seeing windows that I’ve never seen before. I just could picture myself in those windows, so I’m looking forward to different concepts, how they get guys open and I think I will be able to contribute.”

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

DRC fits the budget much better than Mathieu. Also, he is a true CB. With two vets back there it will really help the young guys. I like the move. DRC is not who he once was, but opposite Norman, they will be a tough pair to beat on a consistent basis. 

I like them bringing Gallette back - at a reasonable price tag. I am sure that is the only way they sign him. He must have gotten an idea of his value and is comnig back to the Redskins to see if they are in. 

If Baltimore's bullcrap forces Grant back at a reasonable deal, i wouldn't complain a bit. We are light at WR. We need him.

We resigned Quick, which is nice, but last year he was only targeted 8 times. What the hell is that? 

I like Mo Harris as a nice longshot to root for, but they tried to cut him last year and injury forced him back late in the year.

Pryor isn't back, and isn't missed... but even with the addition of Richardson this group is still VERY light. After the starting 3 of Doctson, Crowder and Richardson, Harris and Robert Davis have a combined 12 career receptions (all by Harris. Davis hasn't been targeted). Quick hasn't been a factor.

We can definitely use Grant, and we could stand to draft another WR and maybe even look at late FA options and June 30 cuts.

~Bang

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I like how this looks for our team: (from Paul Richardson)

I like Kirk and still wish they had worked things out. This is not a slight on him at all. 

But I will also say that I believe people in here really underestimate how creative Jay is on offense. Last year you had a 4000 yd passer with not much in the way of a WR outside flashes of Doctson and Crowder. Alex Smith may also flourish in this system even more than in Kansas. Some say he only had one year throwing deep well. While statistically that is true, it's also true he didn't really have anyone to throw to. The key tenet of the WCO is to take what is given to you. 

Many in KC complained of him throwing check downs - the same as many accused Kirk of doing the same here. But that's the offence. You can't just sling the ball around willy nilly all the time. It's timing passes - stuff underneath designed to give guys room to run - then when the D starts to crowd the line you burn them deep. 

Alex led the league in QBR in passes over 20 yds. Did he suddenly get better at the long ball? No he had someone to throw to in Tyrek Hill. 

I really like the Richardson pick-up. If you look at the other top receivers available - Watkins - has not really produced since his first yr and on his 3rd team is 3 yrs for a reason, Allen Robinson coming off an ACL tear - both had 3 yr deals over $40M - about half of them guaranteed. That's just too much for those guys. Some said Jimmy Graham - he has declined since leaving NO and is just getting older. And again another pretty big contract - 3 yrs/$30M with $22M in the first 2 yrs. Jordy Nelson was not good once Rogers went out. And he is 32 and will be 3 soon. 

Let's get some productive guys in the draft and see where we go this season. 

Archived