Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

1 hour ago, jsharrin55 said:

Wasn't a big Grant guy, but that is really crappy for him.  Really curious how bad an ankle could be to fail a physical.  Did he trade ankles with Jordan Reed?

For those saying Honey Badger...all I can think it Cousins/Fuller 29mill, Alex Smith/HB about 28 mill and minus a 3rd rounder.  I know there is more to it, but I can't help it.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

With Grant off the list, skins projecting 3, 5, 5, 7 comp picks. 

Alex Smith/HB about 28 mill and minus 3rd rounder plus 3rd comp pick 

You were right there was more to it.

3 hours ago, redrobert said:

Anybody Else think Morris would be an upgrade at RB? Is he out there or does Dallas still have him?

You're perfectly right. He'd be an upgrade over what we have now. But we don't have a quality NFL starter in our endless stable of RB. That and Gruden wasn't satisfied w/ him and thought he was missing cuts and leaving too many yards/plays on the field. Would be a nice feel good story. But I'm ready for some beast of a back.

22 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Alex Smith/HB about 28 mill and minus 3rd rounder plus 3rd comp pick 

You were right there was more to it.

And next year cousins/ fuller still 29 million and hb/as would/will be about 35 million.   

And we need to get the comp pick,  and then turn it into something good. 

And switching guys isn't safer than guys you know work in your system. 

Plus locker room stuff and how players feel,  like swearingers comments. 

But BA had no chance to sign cousins and  cause cousins didn't want to be here, so it didn't matter.

A few things I'm hearing-

There's discussions on bringing Grant back

They won't offer Logan more then they did last year though it still may come together

They can't find anyone to trade for Cravens, but they also do not want him back in the building either

With the Guard market going nuts they're ****ting their pants at what Scherff might cost them now. They want to get that done before they have to pick up his 5 th year option of around 15 mil

Ty could get moved to LG with an entire offseason to make the switch though he is coming off a surgery

13 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Considering we had no shot at retaining Kirk after the botched attempt in 2015, I think trading Kirk Fuller and the 1.5 round value loss of a 2018 mid 3rd to 2019 late 3rd for Smith + HB and the security at QB you get with it would be a great swap.

For this year maybe.   The cost just gets higher when the extension miner hits.   But the hole was dug years ago as you mention. 

We could do worse.  I've seen worse...

3 minutes ago, #BgMase76# said:

You're perfectly right. He'd be an upgrade over what we have now. But we don't have a quality NFL starter in our endless stable of RB. That and Gruden wasn't satisfied w/ him and thought he was missing cuts and leaving too many yards/plays on the field. Would be a nice feel good story. But I'm ready for some beast of a back.

Yeah, I want one of the big boys from the draft at RB.  I want our starter to be a guy that’s a weapon out of the backfield... and a guy that can hit some home runs (ie. no to Morris).  I actually think Perine can be a very serviceable back in terms of running/receiving, as long as the blocking improves and the pass game  can take defenders out of the box.  With that said, I’d much rather land a clear stud and have Perine as a very capable backup.  

1 minute ago, TK said:

They won't offer Logan more then they did last year though it still may come together

They can't find anyone to trade for Cravens, but they also do not want him back in the building either

With the Guard market going nuts they're ****ting their pants at what Scherff might cost them now. They want to get that done before they have to pick up his 5 th year option of around 15 mil

Ty could get moved to LG with an entire offseason to make the switch though he is coming off a surgery

Grant back would be weird, cause I wouldn't offer near what he got.  That would be demotivating for anyone.

Like Logan, would be happy to see that.

If people know they don't want Sua back why offer anything.  I wouldn't. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me by a mile right now Richardson or Mathieu.  I prefer Richardson. 

I agree with the idea that the FO likely doesn't like the optics of getting nothing for Kirk versus the ham sandwich they are on track for right now.  Mathieu since he was released wouldn't hinder that pick.  Personally, I don't care about a comp pick if they get an impact guy like Richardson.  

As for Mathieu.  They are in nickel like 70% of the time.  When he's at his best, he's arguably the best nickel cover guy in the league.  He can play safety, nickel, outside corner, playmaker, blitzes well.  Swiss Army knife.  His colleague voted him the #28 player in the NFL in 2016.   

Allbright who many deem quite respectable and worth said to keep and eye on the Chiefs.  I posted a tweet from HogHeaven:

Rumor: the Redskins have inquired about Tyrann Mathieu through his agent

Beat reporters in Minny say that Richardson is closing in on a deal with the Vikes so I'd like to see us either get HB, 1st by a mile or Logan 2nd. That would do it for me for FA and I'd be thrilled.

3 minutes ago, TK said:

I kinda hope saying they want to bring Grant back is to help push the market for him, lol.  

Makes sense about Logan - they know he can help, but I really don’t think Allen wants to lose the Cousins comp pick. 

Ty to LG makes some sense, though I hope Kalis wins it.  

Not surprised on the Scherff front.  His and Smith’s extensions have to make the FO worried about blowing through the rest of our cap... and make them want to extend sooner.  

They’re in a tough spot - wanting a DL and good G*, but needing to save a pick for RB, lacking a 3rd, and hesitant to use the cap space to land either in FA.  

* seeing as how we need a starter and insurance for if we can’t/don’t extend Scherff.  

Ty is a little tall for a guard, I'm kind of wondering if they might try to plug Orlando Franklin there.

Rob Kelley average 3.9 yards a carry over his, admittedly short career, improve the line and I think he can carry the load for another season, especially since it'd be running back by commitee

I'm surprised no one is interested in Cravens, especially with the kinds of guys who get second chances in the NFL

21 minutes ago, TK said:

There's discussions on bringing Grant back       Please no.

They won't offer Logan more then they did last year though it still may come together - How much did they offer Logan last year $8 ~ AVV

They can't find anyone to trade for Cravens, but they also do not want him back in the building either   Allen was stubborn when he didn't trade him for a 6th or 7th when it was reported he wanted nothing less than a 3rd.

With the Guard market going nuts they're ****ting their pants at what Scherff might cost them now. They want to get that done before they have to pick up his 5 th year option of around 15 mil - Makes a ton of sense.

Ty could get moved to LG with an entire offseason to make the switch though he is coming off a surgery - Good move but they will need to draft an OG early in the draft.

Comments above.  Thanks for sharing TK.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

Ty is a little tall for a guard, I'm kind of wondering if they might try to plug Orlando Franklin there.

Rob Kelley average 3.9 yards a carry over his, admittedly short career, improve the line and I think he can carry the load for another season, especially since it'd be running back by commitee

I'm surprised no one is interested in Cravens, especially with the kinds of guys who get second chances in the NFL

Cravens has really only showed potential..there’s really not enough out there for teams to wanna take the risk at bringing him aboard..ask ur self,would you??

4 minutes ago, Mr.Will said:

Cravens has really only showed potential..there’s really not enough out there for teams to wanna take the risk at bringing him aboard..ask ur self,would you??

two years ago he was a second round pick, he's only slightly above the basic rooke salary cap, he just doesn't seem like a big risk

13 minutes ago, carex said:

two years ago he was a second round pick, he's only slightly above the basic rooke salary cap, he just doesn't seem like a big risk

Playing one season and then quitting while alienating himself from the entire team seems kind of risky to me.

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You think we cut Perine ?

We reupped bibbs (1), Chris (2) is solidified, that leaves two spots to me if they keep four.

Speaking of the final 53

In 2017 they kept four RBs. In 2016 they kept three RBs. In 2017 they kept only two QBs; in 2016 they kept three.

Depends on the route they want to go at QB. If they only want two on the 53 then they keep four backs.

Think the third is between vet or draft pick. Fourth is a race between Perine and Kelley.

Definitely think his spot at the final 53 is questionable at this point and not guaranteed 

15 minutes ago, carex said:

Especially for a conditional pick.  7th if he doesn’t play, 4th or 5th if he plays well.  

People need to stop counting comp picks like they're set in stone / know the unknown formula to the process. Every time the cap changes, the rules can change with it. There's currently 27 comp pick eligible transactions, only the top 32 stick. As it stands we will be a **** team if we don't bring anyone in. If we're getting any quality it'll erase one of those 5th rounders easily. 7th round comps barely stand as they usually go over the limit. 

If there's anything to our quality coaching and decent position players, if we can stay healthy we could potentially get 9 wins. People need to realize we're not a team in position to aim for comp picks.. there are holes, there are a lot of personnel and coaches with their careers on the line. The Skins clearly aren't laying down in 2018 and part of the coaching staff staying on-board with Kirk leaving probably has a lot to do with Allen saving face in wake of the Kirk fiasco. If the Vikings win 12 games with Kirk and flirt with a trophy and we are 6-10 there's going to be hell to pay around here.

Those of you clamoring for a RB in round 1 need to realize you won't have a running game without a C and a LG paving the way. Having already witnessed blank we looked last year with those injuries along the line there's no guarantee they'll be any healthier next season. You need 5 quality starters. They could potentially run with Roullier but they need a stud LG. Pick 14 just happens to be pretty ripe with OL talent and we should look past RB there. 

One has to realize that Alex Smith needs protection up front. He's already weak in play development and downfield progression. Perine, Thompson, Kelly, potentially Marshall and a late round or UDFA RB is fine with a built line, obviously not without it. It doesn't matter who you have back there if you can't block, defenses are too adaptable in this age.

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What is it he did for the team to completely give up on him?

Quitting, after causing an awkward scene or two over his injuries that already rubbed people the wrong way, and refusing to practice and play despite being healthy enough towards the end of that season...there were a string of issues with him showing his immaturity and possible lack of toughness, leading up to his "retirement". Teams, and more importantly locker rooms, don't really take kindly to that. I still don't know what was going on with Cravens. If it was a mental health issue, maybe he's got it figured out and he's got his passion for the game back. But that's something we can't know. Seems the team is pretty much done with him, though. 

Archived