Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

11 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

His GF actually admitted during trial that she had accused her previous boyfriend of DV as well as Foster. So she has a history of doing that and from what is being reported Fosters lawyers will use her past testimony and credibility against the case and get it thrown out.

Thanks.

This is a difficult situation.  Obviously this woman is a psycho, but I have a hard time believing foster is 100% innocent, which sucks bc everyone should be innocent until proven guilty, and people assuming foster is guilty is exactly what this psychopath woman wants.  

I don't blame the niners for saying they want to be done dealing with this nonsense.  

Just now, Hooper said:

Bruce is wonderful at keeping his job and hiding in the background. 

You guys are wonderful at speculating on things you have zero insight on and passing it off as truth.

I mean what you're saying could in fact be correct. But you don't know what or how it went down. So save polluting the board with garbage like this and passing it off as fact.

This organization somehow manages to reinforce my decision to emotionally divorce from it over and over and over again. 

It’s almost like they’re purposely trying to drive fans away. Is this “Major League”? Is Dan trying to drive attendance down so he can move the team?

I’m joking.....I think. 

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He takes a roster spot, right? Who gets cut?

(And the first person that says put him on the practice squad needs a warning. I will find you and wipe a booger on your car).

Cassanova McKinzy goes to IR with a torn pec

2 minutes ago, max21 said:

Ummm, if this kid gets his act together and produces for us his character issues won’t ever be mentioned again. Many players we’ve had have came with character issues, Crowder, even Guice, others I can’t even think of. I’m sure they will Release a statement about it.

Ray Lewis!  I mean does anyone who followed that situation really think he is innocent.  But he had a hall of fame career, and the brutal murder of that man is a footnote in the Ray Lewis story.

18 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

His GF actually admitted during trial that she had accused her previous boyfriend of DV as well as Foster. So she has a history of doing that and from what is being reported Fosters lawyers will use her past testimony and credibility against the case and get it thrown out.

Legally, that might make her credibility suspect, but it could just be she's a bad judge of character.  I think we all know somebody with terrible taste in mates.  

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

Thanks.

This is a difficult situation.  Obviously this woman is a psycho, but I have a hard time believing foster is 100% innocent, which sucks bc everyone should be innocent until proven guilty, and people assuming foster is guilty is exactly what this psychopath woman wants.  

I don't blame the niners for saying they want to be done dealing with this nonsense.  

I agree 100%  He is no angel but it will be hard for him to be criminally responsible because of the accusers history of lying to authorities.

The reactions in this thread are a little over-reactive to me. Or at least a little hypocritical. 

Crowder was accused of domestic violence (eventually cleared). 

ST21 made some very questionable (and violent) decisions in his early days. To me your really splitting hairs if you are trying to moralize types of violent acts, especially in cases where the facts aren’t exactly clear. 

Not defending Foster. He might be the biggest POS of all time. He might be a terrible guy. Or maybe he’s just troubled and some of what he’s been accused of is false/exaggerated. I’m just saying that over the years we’ve rooted for plenty of guys who were troubled, made bad decisions, had violent incidents, etc. 

I’m OK with the signing. Bring him in for essentially nothing. If the latest allegation proves true, you release him and that’s that. If he’s cleared or no charges you give him a chance hope a change helps and hope his former teammates can help him. 

2 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

You guys are wonderful at speculating on things you have zero insight on and passing it off as truth.

I mean what you're saying could in fact be correct. But you don't know what or how it went down. So save polluting the board with garbage like this and passing it off as fact.

Kinda hard to give this organization -- especially Bruce -- the benefit of the doubt. But I hear your criticism.

Hail. Buy you a beer you at Harvest Fest.

40 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Not sure how I feel about this. 

a) Seems like a complete dirtbag

b) We probably gave up a high round draft pick to snag him off waivers

@Skinsinparadise I agree wholeheartedly. Given how poor the fan base thinks of this team's management already (see the poor attendance as an indicator), this could blow up in their collective faces big time.

gave up a high draft pick?  If you're referring to the comp picks next off season, only unrestricted free agents due to expiring contracts signed during the odd season affect that

This is an extremely desperate move and looks bad on a team which, in all honestly, has a poor public image. 

Here's the simple math: 

- NFL teams hire investigators that go beyond what is reported

- Whatever the 49ers found they decided to outright cut a former first round pick that was performing

Thinking this is a 'deal' is extremely naive. 

This is no different when the Cowboys stuck by Greg Hardy. This is what we've sunk too...

The biggest red flag is that with the level of talent he has displayed, there is little chance the 49ers would just release him if they didn't think his imminent demise as an NFL player was on the horizon.  Players with that kind of talent usually are going to exacerbate every last straw before a team has finally had enough. Add to that, he is only 24, which means in theory, his best football is still ahead of him, (assuming he is even in the league).  The 49ers had already decided to stick with him through the first incident.

Maybe they just didn't want the dark cloud of drama.  Maybe they felt even if he was Innocent of the abuse, his poor choices were going to make thing a constant distraction?  Whatever it was, the 49ers decided a player with those skills was not worth it. 

34 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Oh, then it's ok.

What an ignorant response, I was only asking a question because I could not find the multiple felonies you posted about.

I always like to research the facts before I draw any conclusions because just like in your post, people just make stuff up and the next thing you know you have hoards of people repeating it.

I'm married and have a daughter, I'm not for wife beating but I'm also not for reactionary bull**** responses that are backed up by zero data.

20 minutes ago, kleese said:

The reactions in this thread are a little over-reactive to me. Or at least a little hypocritical. 

ST21 made some very questionable (and violent) decisions in his early days. To me your really splitting hairs if you are trying to moralize types of violent acts, especially in cases where the facts aren’t exactly clear. 

Not defending Foster. He might be the biggest POS of all time. He might be a terrible guy. Or maybe he’s just troubled and some of what he’s been accused of is false/exaggerated. I’m just saying that over the years we’ve rooted for plenty of guys who were troubled, made bad decisions, had violent incidents, etc. 

I’m OK with the signing. Bring him in for essentially nothing. If the latest allegation proves true, you release him and that’s that. If he’s cleared or no charges you give him a chance hope a change helps and hope his former teammates can help him. 

Imagine being a LB in the locker room or worse yet, someone that came form a home where their mother is beaten? What was the message the team sent to those current teammates? 

Greg Hardy v2.0. The only difference is the Cowboys aren't the ones people are laughing at. 

22 minutes ago, kleese said:

It's one thing to have drafted a guy and watched him try to grow up and correct his wrongdoings.  Part of what makes the ST21 story so heartbreaking is that he had settled down and just become a father.   

It's quite a different thing to bring someone in who's got a lot of baggage and was just accused days ago of domestic violence.  

43 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Ray Lewis!  I mean does anyone who followed that situation really think he is innocent.  But he had a hall of fame career, and the brutal murder of that man is a footnote in the Ray Lewis story.

Completely different era, so it's hard to map that over to today's world. 

To play that game if Ray Rice punched his wife circa 2000 he wouldn't have missed a game. Heck, if he did it in the 50's it would have been hilarious: 

Image result for the honeymooners

3 minutes ago, Unbias said:

Imagine being a LB in the locker room or worse yet, someone that came form a home where their mother is beaten? What was the message the team sent to those current teammates? 

Greg Hardy v2.0. The only difference is the Cowboys aren't the ones people are laughing at. 

Wouls you apply the same logic to other incidents? 

Like say you lost a loved one to gun violence... and then one of your teammates (ST21) brandishes a loaded weapon in anger over an ATV? Or if you lost someone to drugs and a teammate is accused of using/selling.... Or child abuse... Adrian Peterson. 

I’m just not super comfortable with picking and choosing morality like that. 

29 minutes ago, kleese said:

My thoughts exactly, its a good football decision that costs you nothing. when you look at the fact that we essentially hve a cap penalty for a qb over the next few years we need to find cheap talent everywhere. If he proves to be a POS, you cut him, no loss. 

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's one thing to have drafted a guy and watched him try to grow up and correct his wrongdoings.  Part of what makes the ST21 story so heartbreaking is that he had settled down and just become a father.   

It's quite a different thing to bring someone in who's got a lot of baggage and was just accused days ago of domestic violence.  

Doug said he won’t play until all processes are complete (include the legal process). If this latest proves to be true either they will release him or the league will hand him a hefty suspension before he ever plays a down here. If this proves to be more of a case of a very unhealthy relationship then perhaps he can be given another chance and fresh start. For me as long as he doesn’t actually suit up until there is resolution this is an OK move. 

Archived