Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

23 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Regarding the Dez situation, if all the NFC East teams (us, giants, eagles) aren’t interested in signing Dez, then they must know something that us fans don’t (about his attitude maybe, or him just not having the talent anymore?). If everyone in the division isn’t rushing to sign him, im fine with Bruce not giving him a call.

who knows, maybe things will change post draft ??‍♂️ 

For what it's worth:

Alfred MorrisVerified account @FredoSauce

Honestly if you ain't never been in a locker room with @DezBryant then don't speak on it. Second hand information ain't always accurate. And despite what you think you may know Dez great in the locker room just so you know

1 hour ago, SWFLSkins said:

If not you change your name to Roasted taterTots. It could happen for the right money, but I don't think Bargain Bruce pulls the trigger/ 

Lol haha..the minute he signs with another team you have my permission to change it your self haha..

53 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I doubt it - unless he plays for vet minimum 

To play for the cowboys biggest rivals..and just to throw it in jerruhs face..I'll bet he would..

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

For what it's worth:

Alfred MorrisVerified account @FredoSauce

Honestly if you ain't never been in a locker room with @DezBryant then don't speak on it. Second hand information ain't always accurate. And despite what you think you may know Dez great in the locker room just so you know

I wasn’t saying attitude in terms of locker room, i meant the sideline stuff we’ve seen on tv. i was just speculating (in other words just taking a guess) that the redskins/giants/eagles might know more than us regular fans would know about that stuff. could be wrong, none of us know. But as i said, things could change post draft 

7 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Any news on Hankins?. And what the % chances on him becoming a Washington Redskin?.

HTTR 

Nothing out there whatsoever. I imagine Hankins calling his agent every morning and asking if any other teams have requested a visit. Being told no, but just wait another day and surely some team will get desperate before the draft. I waste so much time checking twitter and extremeskins about it. Just want it over.

2 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

If not you change your name to Roasted taterTots. It could happen for the right money, but I don't think Bargain Bruce pulls the trigger/ 

59 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Lol haha..the minute he signs with another team you have my permission to change it your self haha..

It's called putting your money where your mouth is..........sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

44 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

That would require Bruce to spend money on players who will actually improve the team. He just gets guys at "reasonable" prices to fill spots. But what a deal!

and we're trying to get impact players in the draft.  I like that philosophy

1 minute ago, carex said:

I like that too but how many impact players can we get with 2 picks in the first 3 rounds?  That would be 2 unless one of them busts. The rest are 4-7 picks. Unlikely to be starters, much less impact players.  But not impossible. 

3 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

I like that too but how many impact players can we get with 2 picks in the first 3 rounds?  That would be 2 unless one of them busts. The rest are 4-7 picks. Unlikely to be starters, much less impact players.  But not impossible. 

Agree with your point.  I love the draft.  But even first round picks are almost 50-50 statistically speaking successes let alone delving into the later rounds.  If they rest with FA (though I bet they don't) as is and ride with the draft to fill (NT, RB, LG, secondary depth) their needs IMO they are going to have to enjoy a NO (2017) level killer draft for this team to be a playoff team in 2018.

On the off chance they do rest with the current version of FA -- IMO the upside to it is their lack of aggressiveness would be so blatantly obvious that if it fails and Bruce is truly in a make or break year -- it should make his "reassigning" a pretty easy exercise.   In other words, if they rest with FA as is -- there is nothing murky about this off season, it would come off conservative even by Bruce's usual standards. 

Having said that, I'll take Bruce at his word which is they are looking for a player cut that they like and will jump at it so thereby FA likely isn't done.   

I'm not sure I understand the strategy of wanting to draft impacted players (especially after the affair with Haynesworth who was basically, at that point, more a bulk of feces than a man) but if that's what they want, why aren't we just signing Hankins? Have you seen that tub of lard? Guarantee you that he is more impacted than anybody coming out of college this year with the possible exception of Tevita Tuliakiono Tuipuloto Mosese Va'hae Faletau Vea. That dude has to be carrying at least 10-15 pounds of immobile stool.

I think it is better planning right now to see what the draft pans out ... I cannot see any team masking a splash move right now with the draft 10 days away - sure Hankins signed this very day in 2017 .... but that was for the Colts ... 

Does anybody know what the size of our current roster is? I would imagine that we're at the 90 man limit (with the futures) because we're seeing cuts preceeding or followed by signings. I figure that we'll have 90 come Training camp, after the draft, but we have a minicamp (starting today?) and I figure we need bodies for that. So why wouldn't we have 90 now and just release some as time passes?

I partially wonder because there are some names out there of DTs and NTs who were supposed to be mid round prospects last year (and higher rounds from previous years) who are available and I wonder if we've given any consideration to bringing them in. I know that with Williams and Moses out right now we'll need to sign some OL depth for the minicamp but I would be curious if we have any interest in these guys.

Or even better, and I doubt that this is what Bruce was talking about, but just like we released a guy like Stephen Morris (my first crush this offseason) after the trade for a QB, maybe we'll see other teams releasing some players who have talent but either they need the roster spot somewhere else or they like another player better. So I wonder how much turnover we'll see like that over the next few days weeks and months.

15 hours ago, carex said:

Yeah, because the McReplacements had such a better year than C. Campbell did for the jags last year. 

I'm all for a heavy reliance on the draft, but sometimes the high end FA is the right move. 

57 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Current roster size is around 75, they have left room for draft picks and any UDFA's and the cuts are about staying in that range heading in to the draft.

Interesting. I really wonder why so small this early. Draft picks is normally 7-10 and UDFAs is about 10, but thats another month from now (contracts begin to be signed) so there is wiggle room. I wonder if that's a league wide thing, all teams carrying 75-ish or just us or what the league norm is.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Interesting. I really wonder why so small this early. Draft picks is normally 7-10 and UDFAs is about 10, but thats another month from now (contracts begin to be signed) so there is wiggle room. I wonder if that's a league wide thing, all teams carrying 75-ish or just us or what the league norm is.

it's not a large sample size but I quickly checked 2 teams - Colts have 78 and the Giants have 75. That makes sense. You don't need 90 until OTAs really. Keeping 75 to 80 gives you room for draft picks and if you want to sign anyone released after the draft. 

Archived