Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

14 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

this is where i'm at. if we can't count on the people to hold those individuals responsible, then whats the next course of action?

Here's my thing, I am a huge history buff, and what we have and what we do here is fundamentally different than pretty much anything in human history. The signal element in it is a peaceful transition of power, even and especially when it is from one end of the spectrum to another. We don't do this because it's right or fair or anything else, we do it because the alternative is open bloody warfare. Look around the world, that is the norm, not what we do.

If you take that away, you subvert the system to seize power and allow any excess to retain it, you set the stage for unending civil war and the country breaking up into hostile states akin to Europe during the Reformation.

Sean Davis Retweeted Dave Wasserman

It's remarkable that the first official electoral casualty in NeverTrump's war on Trump and the Republican Party is GOP Rep. Barbara Comstock, a moderate, establishment Republican who called on Trump to drop out of the presidential race in October of 2016.

Archived