Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Just now, tshile said:

Early exit polls are showing an America a little different than our liberal friends want to admit 

The small counties always come in first, they always go red. Anyways, what did you expect from Indiana and Kentucky?

24 minutes ago, PCS said:

Pretty steady crowd where I just went to vote at. No lines but a good steady crowd going in and then exiting. Voting done now it's time to have this thread up and running while I work on some Fall pics. Hurry up and wait time. :) 

****...took over an hour for me.

Register line....voting line (hand written multiple choice ballots)….Single machine turn in line. Must have been a thousand folks all day in this single file exit line

Just now, Springfield said:

If you voted for any republicans then the mountain of respect that I had for you is now gone and we are no longer friends.

?

Now, now, be nice. I had one "friend" on facebook tell me that black people were responsible for most of the crime in America. Even against the facts shown to him he decided it was "fake news". That is the kind of person you defriend.

Just now, Simmsy said:

Now, now, be nice. I had one "friend" on facebook tell me that black people were responsible for most of the crime in America. Even against the facts shown to him he decided it was "fake news". That is the kind of person you defriend.

Yeah ouch.  I’m only joking with @tshile he’s a good dude.

...as long as he voted straight ticket blue.

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

It seems the number one concern among voters is healthcare, I didn't see that coming.

Yeah? I actually didn’t read that one

i saw things on guns and immigration. And they were very right-leaning. Like if the republicans were not an atrocity at the moment they could try to grow support. 

4 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

****...took over an hour for me.

Register line....voting line (hand written multiple choice ballots)….Single machine turn in line. Must have been a thousand folks all day in this single file exit line

Yikes. Way to wait it out though. I was ready to wait that long but was pleasantly surprised with how fast it went. They did a good job in the small town area of getting ready for this. 

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If you voted for any republicans then the mountain of respect that I had for you is now gone and we are no longer friends.

?

I voted for one at a low level because he supports marijuana decriminalization, things the environment is worth protecting, and other things I wish more republicans would be ok with. 

I otherwise voted blue. 

I couldn’t even get my typical snark in great to justify voting for a libertarian. I had to vote against “I’m as trump as trump gets” Corey Stewart. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

i saw things on guns and immigration. And they were very right-leaning. Like if the republicans were not an atrocity at the moment they could try to grow support. 

MSNBC has been all over it for about 2 weeks. 

Early IN returns are following the larger national trends. Republican Mike Braun is doing much better in rural areas than the previous R senate candidate in 2012. 

Democrat Joe Donnelly is winning city suburbs that he previously lost.

America is slowly but surely fracturing politically across city/suburban and rural areas. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

CNN and MSNBC exit polls had gun control favored at 60% and immigration tied. 

Exit polls are trash anyways.

2 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Early IN returns are following the larger national trends. Republican Mike Braun is doing much better in rural areas than the previous R senate candidate in 2012. 

Democrat Joe Donnelly is winning city suburbs that he previously lost.

America is slowly but surely fracturing politically across city/suburban and rural areas. 

Well look at Virginia, I've slowly watched it go from red, to purple to blue in about 16 years. The Mason-Dixon line actually cuts through VA.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

CNN and MSNBC exit polls had gun control favored at 60% and immigration tied. 

Exit polls are trash anyways.

Favoring gun control is not the same as favoring policies (always sort of the issue with that polling stuff...)

538 has only 48% of Americans against trumps immigration with like 32% for and the rest in some bull**** “I donno” land

I expected more against but maybe it’s because I tuned out a while ago

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Well look at Virginia, I've slowly watched it go from red, to purple to blue in about 16 years. The Mason-Dixon line actually cuts through VA.

Virginia is not blue

the party Virginia goes with is at the whims of the nova millennials and hipsters. 

If the dems run a slightly older than middle aged white dude in 2020 I could see the state picking trump for reelection. 

14 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

It seems the number one concern among voters is healthcare, I didn't see that coming.

This is what drove the blue wave in VA last year.  It's what Democrats have been campaigning on the past two years and it's what Republicans figured out they needed to be lying their asses off about the past month or two.  This being a key issue wasn't surprising.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Favoring gun control is not the same as favoring policies (always sort of the issue with that polling stuff...)

538 has only 48% of Americans against trumps immigration with like 32% for and the rest in some bull**** “I donno” land

I expected more against but maybe it’s because I tuned out a while ago

Virginia is not blue

the party Virginia goes with is at the whims of the nova millennials and hipsters. 

If the dems run a slightly older than middle aged white dude in 2020 I could see the state picking trump for reelection. 

I honestly can't predict what will happen, but I think Trump's base is as big as it's going to get for now. Nova is full of people, once you go past Charlottesville/Richmond, you're looking at farmland. They don't have the people to change the state back.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This is what drove the blue wave in VA last year.  It's what Democrats have been campaigning on the past two years and it's what Republicans figured out they needed to be lying their asses off about the past month or two.  This being a key issue wasn't surprising.

True, but you would think if the GOP knew this, they wouldn't have voted down another healthcare bill right before the midterms that protects pre existing conditions. Do they really think so little of their constituents.

Archived