Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think there is a comfy spot in between doing nothing and "going full crazy mode with investigations, subpoenas, impeachment etc"

That is certainly true.  Trey Gowdy, Darrell Issa, Devin Nunes seemed to basically spend 75% of their time on conjuring up make believe scandals.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That is certainly true.  Trey Gowdy, Darrell Issa, Devin Nunes seemed to basically spend 75% of their time on conjuring up make believe scandals.

The GOP seems to be able to get away with more crazy.  Not sure why.

Imagine a scenario where the Dems get to 50 in the Senate, the GOP has 49 and nobody in Mississippi gets over 50 percent.  Run off in December.  How much money would be spent on THAT?!

Dems don't need to go crazy if they take the House. What they need to do is:

1) Pass legislation to protect Mueller

2) Pass voting changes -> whatever they can do at the federal level to help with voter suppression and registration etc. 

3) Start passing a bunch of things they know won't make it through the senate. Medicaid for all, Min Wage increase, environmental protections, sensible gun control laws, increasing teacher pay, immigration reform etc. 

Make the GOP controlled Senate and Trump vote against these things. You can run on that for 2020. Look at these things we are trying to do and how we are trying to help the average american and look who is stopping us. Get these things on their voting record

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Dems don't need to go crazy if they take the House. What they need to do is:

1) Pass legislation to protect Mueller

2) Pass voting changes -> whatever they can do at the federal level to help with voter suppression and registration etc. 

3) Start passing a bunch of things they know won't make it through the senate. Medicaid for all, Min Wage increase, environmental protections, sensible gun control laws, increasing teacher pay, immigration reform etc. 

Make the GOP controlled Senate and Trump vote against these things. You can run on that for 2020. Look at these things we are trying to do and how we are trying to help the average american and look who is stopping us. Get these things on their voting record

The problem with 1 and 2 is that those won't make it through the senate either, unless it is Dem controlled as well. McConnell would probably not even let those get to the floor. 

15 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

The GOP seems to be able to get away with more crazy.  Not sure why.

Imagine a scenario where the Dems get to 50 in the Senate, the GOP has 49 and nobody in Mississippi gets over 50 percent.  Run off in December.  How much money would be spent on THAT?!

Because their voters allow them to and there are zero repercussions in gov't itself since they currently control everything. They also have Fox State News on their side as well.

Hell, they LOVE the crazy and encourage it.

Talking with my mom on the way to go vote today, she commented about how she can't wait for all the signs to be taken down off the streets and out of front yards, calling them a "blight on the landscape" which I agree with.  I told her that I didn't get it, that I couldn't ever really understand the need to broadcast to neighbors and anyone else driving by who I was voting for.  I guess some people are proud to show it off.  

What about you guys?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Talking with my mom on the way to go vote today, she commented about how she can't wait for all the signs to be taken down off the streets and out of front yards, calling them a "blight on the landscape" which I agree with.  I told her that I didn't get it, that I couldn't ever really understand the need to broadcast to neighbors and anyone else driving by who I was voting for.  I guess some people are proud to show it off.  

What about you guys?

People are sheep.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What about you guys?

ff_3273291alt1_full.jpg&w=600

Voted about an hour ago in Loudoun Co.  they’re already at 41% voter turnout and the presidential elections had 49% when it was all said and done. Got a very good chance of exceeding that number. Need less than a hundred more people to vote to exceed that number. 

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

The Dems taking the House and going full crazy mode with investigations, subpoenas, impeachment ie, will not play well in 2020.  They cant beat crazy with crazyier or crazylight.

LOL yeah because that really hurt Republicans in 2016 after spending the entire decade on bogus investigations. 

“Dems better not conduct oversight of Trump, the very reason voters are going to put them in power for!!”. Galaxy brain stuff.

Archived