Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

12 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Meh ... I dont know if I am going to vote. Work and stuff.

Honestly, whats the point of voting straight D ticket for Howard County?

Howard County, Maryland?  I'm not sure I follow, Hillary got more then twice as many votes as Trump there

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/maryland

You saying there's nothing to worry about?  Haven't we already learned that lesson or that that's not the point by now?

14 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Meh ... I dont know if I am going to vote. Work and stuff.

Honestly, whats the point of voting straight D ticket for Howard County?

We can't take anything for granted.

The lessons of 2016 and even 2017 are many.  The entire VA House of Delegates hinged on a coinflip from a tie.

You might not be the only person thinking how you are.  If enough people go meh, what should happen might not.  Nothing for granted.

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Where are you seeing this?

In things they’ve said. 

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

?

There isn’t anything on the ballot for it, is there?

Not this go around but it was a topic in debates and such

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Howard County, Maryland?  I'm not sure I follow, Hillary got more then twice as many votes as Trump there

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/maryland

You saying there's nothing to worry about?  Haven't we already learned that lesson or that that's not the point by now?

Who ever I would vote for is going to win by a landslide.

Gov - Hogan

Co Exec - Ball (D)

St Atty - Frosh (D)

Senator - Cardin (D)  .. Cardin is up by 27-39 pts in polls

.... ahhh ****. Apparently Co Exec is real close ... Ball (D) v Kittleman (R) ... alright Im going to vote. Im surprised, Ive seen many Kittleman ads showing him as an independent.

Education is really my only concern. Cant find much on budgeting ... might vote Kittleman ..

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

In things they’ve said. 

Not this go around but it was a topic in debates and such

Think I know what your talking, think it was more one guy who kept pushing for the bill to be voted on for recreational that helped start it for GOP in VA.  I didn't see it on the ballot, but I'll be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up with a doctor as governor. 

You'd think thatd be a sure in, but those are the hardest people to deal with if they dont agree on that.  Dude is all in on medical and decriminalization, but that's not same as recreational, it'll be whoever comes after him.

3 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Gov - Hogan

Co Exec - Ball (D)

St Atty - Frosh (D)

.... ahhh ****. Apparently Co Exec is real close ... Ball (D) v Kittleman (R) ... alright Im going to vote. Im surprised, Ive seen many Kittleman ads showing him as an independent.

Education is really my only concern. Cant find much on budgeting ... might vote Kittleman ..

Too many first time voters to trust polls, that was part of the problem with 2016.  You might be right some them will win, but only way to help make sure is to vote.  See you goin, I'm gonna leave you alone about it, said my piece.

5 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Gov - Hogan

Co Exec - Ball (D)

St Atty - Frosh (D)

Polls don't count.  Votes count. 

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

No one should ever wait more than 5-10 minutes to vote. Please ask yourself why your state/county is suppressing the vote.

I’ve had to wait an hour before.

which organization do I report the suppression of rural white peoples rights to?

I have voted in every election since I was eligible (I think I may have missed one).  And I have never seen a line at my polling place.  Any of them.  This am around 10 there were at least 100 people in line at my polling place.  

If the numbers hold in percentage to other years, this helps the GOP.  If it means new Dem voters though, it would obviously not.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Think I know what your talking, think it was more one guy who kept pushing for the bill to be voted on for recreational that helped start it for GOP in VA.  I didn't see it on the ballot, but I'll be honest, I'm not getting my hopes up with a doctor as governor. 

You'd think thatd be a sure in, but those are the hardest people to deal with if they dont agree on that.  Dude is all in on medical and decriminalization, but that's not same as recreational, it'll be whoever comes after him.

Washinton post did an article saying Corey Stewart and riggleman are both for decriminalization. 

9 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Gov - Hogan

Co Exec - Ball (D)

St Atty - Frosh (D)

If education is your only concern, why are you voting for Hogan?

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Herr Drumpf. Or Zoony. Or both.

Again, why is it so hard to vote? Why should anyone have to wait an hour?

Because it’s a volunteer thing out here and, shocker, not many people volunteer

VA also has had an issue with the electronic voting machines and their lack of security over the last ten years that has caused problems as they make new ones and have shortages and such. 

Or maybe not maybe it’s just a mass conspiracy on the behalf of republicans to surprise the vote in reliably republican counties

or maybe it’s those democrats. 

:ph34r:

Here's a few interesting tidbits.

The Manatee County GOP is recommending voting YES on restoration of felon rights.  Apparently there is no discernible difference in voting patterns for former felons getting reinstated.  They vote in similar percentages to the overall population.

I voted no on every ballot amendment except for the ban on offshore drilling/indoor vaping.  Because eff you smokestack.

I split my ticket almost evenly.  Some GOPers, Some Dems.  No independents.

Just now, just654 said:

Hogan has given Education the biggest budget in years. And continues to give more to education. 

Every governor in Maryland has broken the record on education spending in every year of their term.  As a percentage of the overall budget, education spending has gone down under Hogan.

More here:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-0910-hogan-education-20180905-story.html

I'm not saying there aren't reasons to vote for Hogan. But if education is your main issue, I can't imagine arguing with a straight face that he would devote more resources to it than Jealous.

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Washinton post did an article saying Corey Stewart and riggleman are both for decriminalization. 

Starting to thaw, it will be a minute before we see recreational in the south.  Virginia may be first because were dammed near blue now.  It's such a different convo from putting people in jail for it versus having the shops Denver has.  Even DC is caught in middle of this conversation. 

Really wish there was a Republican I could consider, last one I came close to he retired before I was ready to commit. Meet him at my graduation,  one of the few in house saying to stop shutting down government and threatening ACA.  Probably why they pushed him out, not crazy enough.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Republicans in VA jumping on the decriminalization bandwagon is interesting 

After listening to political advertising here for the last three months, it's amazing to me.  Every single Republican candidate not only supports coverage for pre-existing conditions, but every one of them has actually voted for it.  

According to their commercials.  

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Because it’s a volunteer thing out here and, shocker, not many people volunteer

VA also has had an issue with the electronic voting machines and their lack of security over the last ten years that has caused problems as they make new ones and have shortages and such. 

Or maybe not maybe it’s just a mass conspiracy on the behalf of republicans to surprise the vote in reliably republican counties

or maybe it’s those democrats. 

:ph34r:

I feel like we are having two different conversations tbh. 

States/Counties do have the ability to adequately operate polling locations and properly staff them - yet they actively choose not to (mostly hiding behind costs when it's purely a fraction of what is wasted by that state/county in that given month). They also have the ability to incentivize and encourage absentee voting.  

I truly believe we need to figure out how to make voting easier. No one ever should have to wait in long lines to vote. We're 18 years into the 21st century and yet we still largely vote like we did 75 years ago.

That's ****ing insane.

Archived