Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Have ya'll looked up who you are voting for or going straight ticket?  I only got two, I'm fine with the representative, I wanted more details, he seems like a centrist and supports MFA.  I wish they didn't phrase these questions like doctorate level writing prompts, though, who writes those damn things?

As a conservative GOP from Virginia who moved to California a decade and a half ago that shifted me politically to a moderate Dem -- the fact that this election is even close in the house and its not going to be a 240 or 250 to 190 seat wipeout is disheartening.

Who are the people that support the Trump GOP in such numbers? The splits between Male and Female are also fascinating.

People need to open their eyes and realize that racist, misogynist BS is disgusting and needs to be turned away at the ballot box.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Have ya'll looked up who you are voting for or going straight ticket?  I only got two, I'm fine with the representative, I wanted more details, he seems like a centrist and supports MFA.  I wish they didn't phrase these questions like doctorate level writing prompts, though, who writes those damn things?

Straight Dem ticket for me, Kaine and Connolly.

Straight Dem until civility and normalcy is restored to the country.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Voting straight D, and considering the slap the deck and ask "Is that your card?" trick, if some Corey Stewart rep is out front trying to hand me something out of a stack of propaganda pamphlets.

Seriously though, It's easy choices for me. McEachin, who I used to do IT work for, and I always found to be a generally good-hearted person and a good rep, and Tim Kaine...going against Stewart. 

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Gave the ballot the straight D. I did research on the primary for local elections though.

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

the fact that this election is even close in the house and its not going to be a 240 or 250 to 190 seat wipeout is disheartening.

We don’t know that yet. I’ve read everything 538 put out the last few weeks. They basically acknowledge there’s a 15-20% chance the polls are off enough to either give GOP the House or give Dems the Senate (which also gives them 240+ House seats).

Truth is, pollsters don’t have a clue what the electorate is going to look like. They can make educated guesses based on historical data but until the votes are counted, I wouldn’t discount a very large wave that includes at least drawing even in the Senate. 

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Negotiated between lawyers on opposing sides, usually. 

It's your boy

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-josh-norman-co-authors-players-tribune-essay-encouraging-people-vote-election-day

Josh Norman wants you to vote on Tuesday, Nov. 6.

The Washington Redskins cornerback co-authored an essay in The Players' Tribunepublished Monday, reminding people why it's important to vote and what's at stake during this election.

Representing the Players Coalition, Norman and Eagles' Chris Long, Jets' Kelvin Beachum and retired 10-year veteran Matt Forte argue that voting offers people a "chance to make a moral statement about what we want our country to be and what values we cherish."

8 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Seriously though, It's easy choices for me. McEachin, who I used to do IT work for, and I always found to be a generally good-hearted person and a good rep, and Tim Kaine...going against Stewart. 

Kaine has always been cool in my book, found enough that I liked about Beyer to do it.  We need more centrist that support MFA, way of making changes we need without looking like we plan to go to far.

My ballot had 4 languages on it and no number to link back to me as a voter.  I asked them about it, they said no Russians would hack, I told them that not what I was worried about.  I wanted paper ballots, but also Trump has been trying to get our voting records for a minute now.  I asked how they make sure they are linked to anything legit at all, outside of jus looking like a ballot, nothing. 

Question for another thread, I suppose, but can we start with English only, please?  If only US citizens can vote why are we making our ballots like we're trying to cover our bases at the DMV?

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Anyone run into any long lines yet?

Nope, hope rain doesnt have something to so with that, kts pouring in Fairfax right now.  Remember in 2008 line stretching further then I could see because rain was making it hard to see that far.

Archived