Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

54 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I feel ya, but on the other hand the Raiders may be asking us to give up picks to take him off our hands!!! :silly:

I would think the bigger danger is him vulturing our Front Office. 

Anyone who would quit the Redskins to follow Bruce Allen's career trajectory has my condolences. And my complete lack of a rat's ass to give them. 

2 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Yup, Philly is the only NFL team that doesnt have a named GM.

Which of course, has a key difference.  Howie Roseman is no longer listed as GM, but he WAS up until last season, instead he now has the title of "Executive vice president of football operations" and acts as GM.  The key difference here is he is separate from the president of the Eagles, who does NOT make football decisions, unlike here in Washington.

New England doesn't have an official "General Manager" either.  The important difference between us and the competent teams isn't the exact title of the GM, it's that they have someone with a strong football background in the role.  While we have Bruce "winning off the field" Allen.

Another difference is that the Redskins are pretending that we have a GM-by-committee setup.  We don't really, but Bruce puts other guys forward to deflect blame for his failures.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

For Bruce, it would be a high note to bow out on. I honestly don't know how he'll be remembered in Redskins' lore. ... He also bares a tremendous share of the blame in the Kirk Cousins' affair. History will still tell if he was right or wrong about that, but in the immediate term he blew something that no NFL front man ever blows... securing the good homegrown QB.

Bruce has to be hoping that Kirk fails hard in Minnesota. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just check out any poll done about Bruce whether its 106.7 or 980.  To say he's unpopular with the fan base would be an understatement.   There is a fan petition running on line to fire Bruce that has 7000 signatures.  That's intense. 

On the board, what do we have like 5-6 pro Bruce people?  As for how will he be remembered, that's easy -- it would be right up there with Cerrato.   Clown Show Part 2.  It was a totally different brand of dysfunction than Cerrato but the team becoming a punch line again IMO was clearly about Bruce front and center. 

I BELIEVE I BELIEVE!!!

I had to take it easy for a bit; get my motorcycle up and running, dodge a bogus arrest warrant, and I've finally gotten these issues resolved.

Now there's a rumor of some sort that Bruce Almighty may be heading to the Raiders?  Am...am... am I reading this correctly? 

By golly give me a rake and a cucumber and i'll put on a show if it helps get him outta here.  If no one has a rake, I can substitute it with a muffler from a 78 Plymouth, just gotta take a break for the encore...

16 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
mike freemanVerified account @mikefreemanNFL
Follow Follow @mikefreemanNFL
More

Confirming @ProFootballTalk report about Bruce Allen's interest in returning to the Raiders. The interest, by the way, is mutual.
Not saying it will happen. Just saying possibility is more than just rumor.

Please let it be true...He screwed the team so bad on the Cousins deal and not just with Cousins signing here,But the compensation they could of got for him in a trade..

4 hours ago, Tsailand said:

New England doesn't have an official "General Manager" either.  The important difference between us and the competent teams isn't the exact title of the GM, it's that they have someone with a strong football background in the role.  While we have Bruce "winning off the field" Allen.

Another difference is that the Redskins are pretending that we have a GM-by-committee setup.  We don't really, but Bruce puts other guys forward to deflect blame for his failures.

Well, lets not pretend like New England can be used in a comparison for anything.  Technically Bellichik is the GM, but basically hes a once in a generation coach/GM/control freak.  Basically when it comes to anything front office, the Patriots dont count, because you cant make a trend or look for patterns in what they do, its just on another level even they wont be able to continue once Bellichik and brady go.

27 minutes ago, Sknsnation said:
mike freemanVerified account @mikefreemanNFL
Follow Follow @mikefreemanNFL
More

Confirming @ProFootballTalk report about Bruce Allen's interest in returning to the Raiders. The interest, by the way, is mutual.
Not saying it will happen. Just saying possibility is more than just rumor.

What a tease, next hes going to tell us Snyder is thinking of selling and moving to Costa Rica....

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just check out any poll done about Bruce whether its 106.7 or 980.  To say he's unpopular with the fan base would be an understatement.   There is a fan petition running on line to fire Bruce that has 7000 signatures.  That's intense. 

On the board, what do we have like 5-6 pro Bruce people?  As for how will he be remembered, that's easy -- it would be right up there with Cerrato.   Clown Show Part 2.  It was a totally different brand of dysfunction than Cerrato but the team becoming a punch line again IMO was clearly about Bruce front and center. 

To me the difference is that while Cerrato was incompetent I did not think he was dishonest. Allen comes off as superficial like you always have to be wary around him. That may not be fair but it's the way he comes off. 

Sad part is he would be leaving the team in much better shape than Cerrato did. But he made some really major mistakes that make him look really dishonest. 

My god...being freed of Bruce Allen out of nowhere, without having to suffer through a down year and a regime change first, would be a god damn MIRACLE. With personnel in the hands of Kyle, Doug, Schaffer, etc and no ego like Bruce's around I'd actually have hope that Gruden could succeed here. I'd feel good about the direction of the team again---I've loved our last two drafts but its been hard to be optimistic because I always knew we'd have to hit rock bottom to lose the dead weight of Bruce Allen and really emerge a winner on the other side. This would nullify that and I could really start to believe in this current regime, despite some game management issues I have with Gruden (that if I'm being honest with myself 80% of NFL fans have with their HC's). 

I can't get over how great this is. If it doesn't happen I will be crushed now. 

7 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Well, lets not pretend like New England can be used in a comparison for anything.  Technically Bellichik is the GM, but basically hes a once in a generation coach/GM/control freak.  Basically when it comes to anything front office, the Patriots dont count, because you cant make a trend or look for patterns in what they do, its just on another level even they wont be able to continue once Bellichik and brady go.

No, you just can't discard NE because it doesn't fit your perception.

Question was about which teams doesn't have a GM, and NE fits in perfectly...

6 hours ago, TK said:

He can take the window or he can take the stairs. :)

Maybe you mods still have some "boots to asses" in store to help him go faster?

Stairs or Window, I'm fine with both...

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If you're Dan Snyder and you read this report, how do you not fire Bruce immediately? 

I am wondering the same thing 

Honestly have you heard anything from Dan Snyder since he last publicly spoke about the teams name?

He really seems to be quiet lately though all the free agency and draft

Should the Redskins consider hiring any of these scouts or front office Personnel?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/houston-texans-news-rumors

Texans Fire Jimmy Raye III, Other Scouting Personnel

The Texans just completed their first draft under new GM Brian Gaine, and now the team is shaking up its scouting department. Per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle, the team has dismissed assistant GM Jimmy Raye III, director of college scouting Jon Carr, assistant director of college scouting Mike Martin, college scouting coordinator Matt Jansen, and college scout Seth Turner.

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

My god...being freed of Bruce Allen out of nowhere, without having to suffer through a down year and a regime change first, would be a god damn MIRACLE. With personnel in the hands of Kyle, Doug, Schaffer, etc and no ego like Bruce's around I'd actually have hope that Gruden could succeed here. I'd feel good about the direction of the team again---I've loved our last two drafts but its been hard to be optimistic because I always knew we'd have to hit rock bottom to lose the dead weight of Bruce Allen and really emerge a winner on the other side. This would nullify that and I could really start to believe in this current regime, despite some game management issues I have with Gruden (that if I'm being honest with myself 80% of NFL fans have with their HC's). 

I can't get over how great this is. If it doesn't happen I will be crushed now. 

I'm exactly the same way ConnSKINS. Given Danny boy's track record, if Bruce goes I don't want another GM to come in - given the draft we've just had and the complementary skill sets of Kyle (Personnel), Doug (wow factor and generally great, easy going guy - ideal for visiting FA/welcoming rookies etc - plus he's allegedly had some influence over personal this year which I think has generally been good between FA and Draft), and Eric crunching the numbers and making the cap work, I would be happy to roll with what we've and go from there.

Gruden is useless with the clock, but you have to think Alex Smith will improve that some, as Kirk was terrible managing the clock too. I think some of the other weaknesses to Gruden's gameplans have been limited by personnel as much as Gruden being limited. I expect him to take a step this season. We shouldn't constantly be playing from behind, RZ efficiency should be up with the addition of Guice, we shouldn't let teams run it up the gut and we should be able to close games out by running the rock, just due to improvements in the roster. Gruden's out of excuses - this is the most talented roster he has had to work with (although WRs are still a bit of a question mark). I don't expect to win every game as we're not the most talented roster in the league but I do expect Gruden to show signs of improvement in some of his weak areas to prove it was the personnel limiting him.

We may get a decent stadium instead of that dumbass moat idea if Bruce goes quickly too!

Love it how it says it will be a win for Washington.:ols::rofl89::ols:

PFT's Mike Florio reports Redskins president Bruce Allen "hopes to return" to the Raiders.
Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman confirms the report, adding that the feeling is mutual. Per Florio, Allen would return to the Raiders in an executive-type role with no personnel decision-making, but a "significant role in managing the business." Allen is currently believed to be running the show with the Redskins alongside senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams. Allen leaving the Redskins could be viewed as a win for Washington. Allen and coach Jon Gruden have a relationship dating back to their previous Raiders days and again with the Bucs

17 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I would love to see Allen go, but let's face it. Snyder will just hire some other Penis to take his position. So really at the end of the day does it really matter. Snyder is the one that keeps making bad decisions. 

Or he may promote Eric Schaffer

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/eric-schaffer/819b8c58-3134-48d7-b525-8fa34651542c

Not sure if that's good or bad.

Basically we need someone in-between a Cerato and Allen. One that is willing to give good contracts but do it wisely.

Archived