Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

2 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious.....to pick McCloughan’s brain and learn how he evaluates players.  That plus to get a few years of quality picks before dumping him.  

There could also be some truth to Dan forcing it on him after the 2014 debacle.

At the end of the day, all that really matters is Bruce hired him and it was a poor hire for whatever reasons, that ended ugly.  The cherry on top was conveniently not replacing him.

Take all the other stuff and put it aside, the bottom line is it was a ****show situation that he was responsible for and not his only one.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I don't think SIP or TheSubmittedOne will appreciate that comment lol..

Actually they would be two people I find to be the most articulate in explaining their point of view without losing everyone.  

Also spot on with thier observations.

Meanwhile..up in Eagan, Minnesota....Kirk Cousins is becoming everything I had hoped would happen here.  A leader whose teammates are already raving about him...who is really connecting with the community...who is probably going to light up the league next year and maybe play in the Super Bowl.  Man...did Allen screw this up big time.  We had him...he was our very own homegrown talent and we let him go for nothing.  SMH.  I am beginning to think that Allen is a burned out functioning alcoholic who is mainly concerned with holding onto his job.  One side of me hopes that Tanya Snyder has a prenup that gives her half of everything Dan owns including half of the Redskins so that if anything happens to their marriage then Dan’s share drops to 32.5% and she can side with the other team owners and fix this sinking ship.  Kinda like what happened in San Francisco.  Just a dream.

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

But the " Nancy's " are gonna straighten those " homers " out.

And it's kind of odd to keep claiming it for the same reason.

I don’t think for a second you can be swayed, so that’s not the goal.  It’s rather clear Bruce could burn your house down and you’d think he had a good reason to do it.

Perhaps if there weren’t numerous public mishandlings and poor results backing them up, it’d be easier to believe that with all this smoke there is no fire. 

Bruce

I don't want a NT at 13.  If he stuffs the run on 1st, we will jog him off on 2nd and long, all season long.  I want an all down player at 13. Maybe a QB of the future.  Do not screw up this pick. Rest assured, if you take a pure nose that can prove to be an all down player, your next DC will ditch the 3-4 not long there after.  A Browns type of move, like they did after drafting big Phil Taylor Sr.

Sincerely,

Doug Williams

24 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

Meanwhile..up in Eagan, Minnesota....Kirk Cousins is becoming everything I had hoped would happen here.  A leader whose teammates are already raving about him...who is really connecting with the community...who is probably going to light up the league next year and maybe play in the Super Bowl.  Man...did Allen screw this up big time.  We had him...he was our very own homegrown talent and we let him go for nothing.  SMH.  I am beginning to think that Allen is a burned out functioning alcoholic who is mainly concerned with holding onto his job.  One side of me hopes that Tanya Snyder has a prenup that gives her half of everything Dan owns including half of the Redskins so that if anything happens to their marriage then Dan’s share drops to 32.5% and she can side with the other team owners and fix this sinking ship.  Kinda like what happened in San Francisco.  Just a dream.

Holy **** this post is stupid. Cousins is an above average QB who just got paid elite money. He’s not taking anyone to the Super Bowl lol

21 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

If Allen would've pronounced every "k" as if it was a "t", you might be onto something. But he didn't, so you're not. 

Nice try. It would have to be every " k " that was preceded by an " r ".

Allen has responded to you.

He was right.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Bruce

I don't want a NT at 13.  If he stuffs the run on 1st, we will jog him off on 2nd and long, all season long.  I want an all down player at 13. Maybe a QB of the future.  Do not screw up this pick. Rest assured, if you take a pure nose that can prove to be an all down player, your next DC will ditch the 3-4 not long there after.  A Browns type of move, like they did after drafting big Phil Taylor Sr.

Sincerely,

Doug Williams

Bleh if Vita is there the way he can take on multiple linemen and still collapse the pocket having Ryan and Preston on the outsides would make him a three down player. They better take him if he’s there. The one thing that will piss me off is if the country club mentality that’s existed before make them draft Payne before Vita because the guys on the team like him more as has been rumored. It’s time to fix the issues on the team and the two biggest are RB and NT. Don’t screw this up 

32 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Actually they would be two people I find to be the most articulate in explaining their point of view without losing everyone.  

Also spot on with thier observations.

So what difference does it make how long 

my post is? lol...Although I may have missed the posts in which you said to SIP and TSO that their lengthy posts show that they certainly invest a lot of time in attempting to prove any negative press/beliefs about Bruce Allen. 

And trust me, I'm not "losing everyone", just you apparently.

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think for a second you can be swayed, so that’s not the goal.  It’s rather clear Bruce could burn your house down and you’d think he had a good reason to do it.

Perhaps if there weren’t numerous public mishandlings and poor results backing them up, it’d be easier to believe that with all this smoke there is no fire. 

Swayed into what ?

15 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So what difference does it make how long 

my post is? lol...Although I may have missed the posts in which you said to SIP and TSO that their lengthy posts show that they certainly invest a lot of time in attempting to prove any negative press/beliefs about Bruce Allen. 

And trust me, I'm not "losing everyone", just you apparently.

No, trust me - it's not just me.

But to your other point, I don't see SIP and TSO going on at length trying disprove positive press on Bruce, because there really isn't much of that to go around.  I also don't see them going on at length attempting to prove negative press correct.  Sure, they may lay it out there and because of the abundance of negative press available, it may seem like a lot but they aren't trying to prove it correct.

23 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Swayed into what ?

Converting from 'homer' into a "Nancy".

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Alright, I'll take a few of these. If I leave some out, don't take it as a concession. I have crap I gotta do, lol.

A few things:

1) At a point in your post you said about my response to you, "It's not that black and white."

Then later said in your response to me: "The data speaks for itself: Two seasons with SM as GM? Winning records. Allen returns? Back to losing" and "Only one response is needed: 35-61."

Do you see the irony here? lol...

2) The "Only one response is needed: 35-61" sounds suspiciously like the arguments being made that Alex Smith is a MUCH better QB than Cousins..."Only one response is needed: 50-26." Do you buy that?

3) I completely disagree with you in a number of places in your post, but cheers to you for addressing my points instead of "why" I said them or chalking up my comments to me being a cheerleader for Allen or his mom lol....

4) Don't worry, I'm not assuming you're conceding to me on anything lol....I have a lot of stuff on my plate as well, always do. We all disagree on Allen, Snyder, Scot, Cousins, the media, etc, etc, yadda yadda...but seriously you guys are Redskins brethren and are great no matter what *thumbsup*...

46 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Converting from 'homer' into a "Nancy".

Well, you're wrong from the start Battered, but why would that ( converting ) be so important to you ?

Why don't you try something different, Battered. Like take something somebody says, twist it into an extreme, and then argue against that extreme.

Then when they show you that you've exaggerated what they said, call them a " homer " or a " front office supporter ".

And then do that over and over again.

2 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Holy **** this post is stupid. Cousins is an above average QB who just got paid elite money. He’s not taking anyone to the Super Bowl lol

Only two teams this year are going to the Super Bowl.  The Vikings might be one of them, they might not.  But they have a chance at it, thanks to Kirk.

Redskins are going to be lucky to get to seven wins.

2 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Nice try. It would have to be every " k " that was preceded by an " r ".

Allen has responded to you.

He was right.

So that would mean, in your Boston "cahh" analogy, that they only pronounce their "r"s that way when followed by an "a", right? So I guess they say "Weird" and not "wee-id," right? Or "Paul Revere" and not "Paul Reveah"? I could go on. 

Allen was not right on this. But I was. I said right after the media blitz about "Kurt" reached a frenzy that Allen would get it right the next time he had to say it. And he did. It even made news when he finally pronounced it correctly. He simply made an effort that time. Finally. It was almost as impressive as Helen Keller learning to sign. 

Your analogy was faulty. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

So that would mean, in your Boston "cahh" analogy, that they only pronounce their "r"s that way when followed by an "a", right?

They pronounce their " r 's " differently depending on where they are in the word and sometimes depending on the letter preceding or following it. . The same way Allen did with the second " k " in Kirk. Do you think the people of New England pronounce the " r " in shore the same way they do in the word craving  ?

If you believe Allen thought Kirk's name was " Kurt ",  Allen was right, or you're not cutting Allen the same slack you're giving the New Englanders.

His name is not Derek Cah.

2 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Well, you're wrong from the start Battered, but why would that ( converting ) be so important to you ?

Why don't you try something different, Battered. Like take something somebody says, twist it into an extreme, and then argue against that extreme.

Then when they show you that you've exaggerated what they said, call them a " homer " or a " front office supporter ".

34fe3e08497284c7c0711dcc234011fd.jpg

:)  

5 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

What I said about swaying you was in reference to you saying the Nancy’s were going to straighten the homers out.

I don’t expect to straighten you out.  It’s rather clear we are on opposite sides of the spectrum in how we view Bruce Allen.  You can miss me with all that extra stuff.  I don’t need to twist anything you say and make it extreme.  Your posting and ‘like’ history clearly indicates that you think everything is swell in Ashburn thus making you an FO supporter.  I find it odd when guys constantly wear the cape for Bruce and then try to shy from it like they don’t.  Atleast guys like thinkingskins own it.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I said about swaying you was in reference to you saying the Nancy’s were going to straighten the homers out.

I don’t expect to straighten you out.  It’s rather clear we are on opposite sides of the spectrum in how we view Bruce Allen.  You can miss me with all that extra stuff.  I don’t need to twist anything you say and make it extreme.  Your posting and ‘like’ history clearly indicates that you think everything is swell in Ashburn thus making you an FO supporter.  I find it odd when guys constantly wear the cape for Bruce and then try to shy from it like they don’t.  Atleast guys like thinkingskins own it.

And this response is yet another example of exactly what I was referencing in my last post.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Are you actually of the belief that I’m misinterpreting that you see damn near everything through B&G lenses?

C’mon man.  

My apologies. I should know  your constant, foot-stomping negativity should straighten out my homerism.

Please continue.  :rolleyes:

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Again, I don’t think there is anything anyone could ever say that would change your perspective.  Just as I’m sure you feel the same way about my negativity.

Relax, dude. The draft  is on.

Enjoy it.  :) 

Archived