Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

16 minutes ago, MEANDWARF said:

Or he may promote Eric Schaffer

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/eric-schaffer/819b8c58-3134-48d7-b525-8fa34651542c

Not sure if that's good or bad.

Basically we need someone in-between a Cerato and Allen. One that is willing to give good contracts but do it wisely.

We can keep everything the same, I think the only thing Bruce does is negotiate with free agents and with Eric being an attorney and expert on contracts and cap I'm sure he can handle that responsibility.

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm hearing that Kyle Smith is the real guru of the personnel dept. He's like, the Sean McVay of talent evaluators apparently.

JP Finlay saying the draft is almost all him - Kyle.  Makes sense though him being the college player director.  But I like how he's described reputation wise -- especially by Cooley and Craig Hoffman.  

Sheehan today (he didn't say whether he heard it or it was just his gut -- or if he did I missed it) that he thinks Bruce goes and instead of replacing him in house he thinks they hire someone outside.

The question is though in what role? VP? GM? Just what does Bruce do now anyway? 

I think if it is an executive who oversees all operations and is negotiating things like the training camp venue and the new stadium deal and harvest fest - then would it HAVE to be someone who is a football guy per say? 

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

JP Finlay saying the draft is almost all him - Kyle.  Makes sense though him being the college player director.  But I like how he's described reputation wise -- especially by Cooley and Craig Hoffman.  

Sheehan today (he didn't say whether he heard it or it was just his gut -- or if he did I missed it) that he thinks Bruce goes and instead of replacing him in house he thinks they hire someone outside.

With the way people have been praising our draft this year I think Snyder is going to give Schaefer the “GM” job while Doug and Smith remain prominent decision makers as well. Maybe some scouts will be hired from outside?

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

He is the organiser chairman and host of the most important festival during the Redskins season:

The Harvest Fest!

Nice Mock draft, big value on every pick.

Were you #1?

13 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If you're Dan Snyder and you read this report, how do you not fire Bruce immediately? 

Is there a way to pressure Snyder into getting rid of Bruce now that this information that he wants to work for Oakland is out there? A petition on this site perhaps? I don't want a GM/President (whatever he is) being in the news for wanting to work someplace else....unless of course these reports are untrue. I guess this is a question for our site administrators?

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Is there a way to pressure Snyder into getting rid of Bruce now that this information that he wants to work for Oakland is out there? A petition on this site perhaps? I don't want a GM/President (whatever he is) being in the news for wanting to work someplace else....unless of course these reports are untrue. I guess this is a question for our site administrators?

There is also news that Bruce could be 'reassigned' which is just another way of saying 'removed from football operations'.

By "news" I mean just stuff the media is hearing but nothing firm.  We've seen Bruce make much bigger boo boos than being cited as having interest elsewhere in the rumors section and he's still employed.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if another #NFL team makes a hard push for Kyle Smith to leave the #Redskins and run the college draft and perhaps more for them? He had a few teams chasing him last year when he got the promotion. Especially after a solid class. Something to keep eye on.

Let's hope Bruce jumps ship and we can give Smith another promotion to keep him around

I wonder if the team has already moved on from Bruce and is just waiting for him to find another gig before they cut bait.

I'm sure he told Dan he wants a position with the Raiders, there's no way that would ever have a chance of being kept a secret.

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if another #NFL team makes a hard push for Kyle Smith to leave the #Redskins and run the college draft and perhaps more for them? He had a few teams chasing him last year when he got the promotion. Especially after a solid class. Something to keep eye on.

I actually have a modicum of slight respect for our front office after this draft. I think they did well. I will throw things if they let an younger up-and-comer (reported) for a useless douche like Allen.

1. Kimberley A. Martin Retweeted SiriusXM NFL Radio

Bruce Allen on #Raiders chatter: "I'm not going there, and I'm not going to play shortstop for the @Nationals either tonight. I have a job to do and we're really looking forward to this season." #Redskins

Kimberley A. Martin added,

I mean, would he say that he's going there if he were?  Would he even be allowed?

And if Kyle Smith is the McVay of the FO world, then fire Bruce and sign him to a 30-year contract.  No typo.  I like Jay but if we could've replaced him with McVay then I would've traded two firsts to ourselves just to do so.

Archived