Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

2 hours ago, London Kev said:

Can only hope that DHall is just showing some fake respect because he knows/suspects that Bruce is outta here.  A respect for the dead kind of thing. 

I would guess the opposite. He’s angling for a job and believes Allen will be there.

And Trent wasn’t going to tell him anything knowing that Hall has literally repeated everything Williams has told him.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Russell just now.  He said he saw Bruce walk into the practice bubble yesterday with Cooley and he had a big grin on his face, seemed to be in a good mood. 

He said he heard Dan was waffling this week about Bruce and a big part of it is how Dan depends on Bruce so much and Russell used the same analogy I like to use which is Bruce is like his comfortable blanket.  Like Linus in Peanuts. 

In other news, water is wet.

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah it would be beyond pathetic.  If that happens, Dan should just come clean and say look he doesn't really want to win -- he really wants a BFF more than anything.  Those putt putt games fulfill him way more than anything else in life. 

This calls for a “The culture is actually damn good” joke

It's clear now that the best case scenario we'll get is Bruce "retiring" at the end of the season, preserving his "dignity." If that's the case, there won't be nearly as much cause for celebration, because it will be clear that Ebeneezer Snyder has learned absolutely nothing. Anyone with an ounce of business/organizational acumen would've fired this stooge a long time ago and been ashamed of ever hiring him and sticking by him for so long. But if Bruce does the "retiring" dance, it'll be obvious that Snyder is allowing it begrudgingly, having learned absolutely nothing over the last 10 years. I really wanted to be able to root for a win this week. Now, back to hoping for humiliation. Hope our team has some good silent snap counts ready for today ... at "home."

These are all reasons I haven’t participated in, or thought about, who the new HC will be. If Allen is here it literally doesn’t matter. Sure, there are guys who would do better with this structure than others, but ultimately the team will fade. May have a good season, maybe two. But the FO will make a poor move completely against the coach and other FO people, put a bitter taste in everyone’s mouths and the results will plummet.

And, as I’ve said many times, I don’t believe Allen will be removed. And as long as he has Snyder’s phone number and cell service, he’s going to be advising Snyder. 

The Skins only hope is Snyder finding a football guy that he trusts and can golf and drink vodka with his pinky in the air with and he disregards Allen.

So, while many are excited about all these coaches, any hire with the current regime will result in indifference from me. Either depressed indifference or a slight grin indifference.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But the FO will make a poor move completely against the coach and other FO people, put a bitter taste in everyone’s mouths and the results will plummet.

Which has happened since Dan bought the team whether Bruce was hanging around or not.

Dan not only has to find a new guy to replace Bruce but this new guy must also possess the magical ability to dispel Dan's moronic tendencies.

Will he be found?

I'm not exactly getting my hopes up because I do know that Dan isn't looking for this type of person. He's scanning the globe for another homeboy yesman.

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Which has happened since Dan bought the team whether Bruce was hanging around or not.

Dan not only has to find a new guy to replace Bruce but this new guy must also possess the magical ability to dispel Dan's moronic tendencies.

Will he be found?

I'm not exactly getting my hopes up because I do know that Dan isn't looking for this type of person. He's scanning the globe for another homeboy yesman.

This is what some fans do not want to acknowledge. Organizations don't suck from the middle rung down, they suck from the top down.  Snyder has been a meddling moron since Day 1.  Now you know what they say about insanity......I am not sure these two couldn't benefit from an AA meeting at this point.  For some reason I see the two of them conjuring up half of their idiotic decisions over Coors Light and Crown Royal. 

So this is one main reason I suspect Bruce is probably not going anywhere.  He would have already been gone.  The season is another bust.  

At best he will be gone like Vinny was under Schottenheimer. Vinny was still in Dan's office every day plotting with Doofus Dan about how to best take power back from the competent coach Dan mistakenly hired.

That didn't take long

Finishing 8-3 wasn't quite good enough then.

Bruce going 3-13 for the second time, on the other hand

If Bruce is gone I doubt he's making a comeback a year later like Vinny.  He'd be pushing his mid 60s.  Vinny was young in comparison at the time.   Vinny wasn't as infamous when he was brought back as he ended up being by the end of his tenure.  Bruce to me is way more toxic.

While I agree Dan likes a buddy with yes man qualities to them and will stroke his ego.   What I wonder about (and I don't have a strong opinion on it one way or another) is can he find a capable GM with those same qualities.  Gibbs who is a master at stroking egos and understands people clearly has been the only guy who could massage Dan.  And Gibbs is no incompetent.  

I don't secretly believe Bruce is killer good at his job, ditto Vinny but were just diluted by Dan.  And I am not saying people are saying otherwise.  My point is Bruce and Vinny were the perfect storms of being BOTH incompetent people and cozy with Dan for all the wrong reasons.  Is it possible that Dan can find a buddy who is also competent.  I think there is a fighting chance.  I don't believe that because of having faith in Dan but just pure random luck.

At least one here challenged the idea that Gibbs and Dan were close because Gibbs isn't a drinker.  But I think we'd be taking the Dan-Bruce drinking sessions too seriously if we are going that far.  Yeah I do think Dan and Bruce have a deep bromance because they are somewhat two of a kind with the exception of Bruce being an extroverted guy.  Gibbs and Dan both have commented that they were close during Gibbs tenure.  And oddly Gibbs might be Dan's biggest cheerleader.  Through this year, he still will sing Dan's praises left and right.   I cringe when he does it but I can't ignore that it's a reality. 

...Hobbies. Dolan is the frontman and guitarist for the blues-inspired rock band JD & The Straight Shot. Snyder is the owner of a $180 million superyacht that includes an Imax theater, a basketball court and a helipad; it can accommodate several hundred passengers, coincidentally about the same number of people attending R*dsk*ns home games this season.

Temperament. They both have a bad temperament.

Conclusion: Who Is Worse? With cooperation from the Johns Hopkins Advanced Physics Laboratory and ESPN Stats & Info, we created a complex analytical model to deconstruct the two owners. And the results? Remarkably, the numbers indicate that, if Dolan and Snyder swapped franchises over the last two decades, the Knicks and the R*dsk*ns would still have the exact same records over that span.

Archived