Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

49 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have no idea why D Hall gets so much love.  He was never a good player here, ever, yet he stuck around for a long time at a high cap hit.  Now we are supposed to listen to a guy pimping Bruce Allen after his performance here?  What a knucklehead.

Never a good player here?..realy?

I call b.s...7 interceptions in one game against..sure it was Cutler but still..than the fumble recovery and scoring against dallas just before halftime...yeah, d hall was good here..

33 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Never a good player here?..realy?

I call b.s...7 interceptions in one game against..sure it was Cutler but still..than the fumble recovery and scoring against dallas just before halftime...yeah, d hall was good here..

7 interceptions in one game?    You really thought that was the number?   LOL. It was 4 and it was Jay Cutler.  Picked up a fumble and scored, a big play for sure but hardly the play of a great player.  His job was to cover people and make plays, he didn't do either very well yet he was highly paid.  Truth is he hadn't been a really good player since he left Atlanta in 2008, ask Oakand. 

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

7 interceptions in one game?    You really thought that was the figurte?  LOL. It was 4 and it was Jay Cutler.  Picked up a fumble and scored, a big play but hardly the play of a good player.  His job was to cover people and make plays, he didn't do either very well yet he was highly paid.  Truth is he hadn't been a good player since he left Atlanta in 2008, ask Oakand. 

Figurte?...I mean sure champ and green were light years ahead but hall loved the Redskins, loved playing for them and it showed..I'll take that over a gold digger any day of the week...

And yes I purposely exaggerated the 7 int's...lol

16 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Figurte?...I mean sure champ and green were light years ahead but hall loved the Redskins, loved playing for them and it showed..I'll take that over a gold digger any day of the week...

And yes I purposely exaggerated the 7 int's...lol

Yeah well typos happen this early. :)

In the 4 seasons of 2014-2017 he was always hurt yet in those 22 games that he actually played he had zero picks and 5 passes defended.  It was very rare that we ever thought to ourselves "boy D Hall is locking down his man today".

Loving the team you play for does not mean you are a good player, I'm sure Matt Stevens loved playing for the Redskins too. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Denagelo Hall's latest podcast and man was it nauseating.  Basically a tribute to Bruce and how he does a great job (Hall providing no specifics on why) and if the Redskins get rid of him how hard he will replace because his greatness is partly about how many hats the dude wears.  

He said he flat out asked Trent if he'd return if Bruce leaves and Trent didn't give him a concrete answer one way or another. 

Can only hope that DHall is just showing some fake respect because he knows/suspects that Bruce is outta here.  A respect for the dead kind of thing. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Denagelo Hall's latest podcast and man was it nauseating.  Basically a tribute to Bruce and how he does a great job (Hall providing no specifics on why) and if the Redskins get rid of him how hard he will replace because his greatness is partly about how many hats the dude wears.  

He said he flat out asked Trent if he'd return if Bruce leaves and Trent didn't give him a concrete answer one way or another. 

Yep that reads nauseating too. Posturing/kissing ass to find a role on the inside. Really think Bruce is out but it will be dressed up to look like it is done on mutual terms.

Or maybe Bruce gets a new role, I'm thinking like Biff did at the end of the first Back to the Future.

As for Trent, a return won't end well. I think he will ream Dan dry. Please trade him.

21 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I still can't believe Dan is willing to hire the head coach before the GM again. I'd have thought Shanny wanting Bruce would be enough to make him avoid it if he's willing to fire Bruce now.

We don’t actually know if he has.  

The new GM could already be decided and they’re just waiting for the right time (I’m now predicting it’s going to be on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day to try and squash the story as much as possible) to announce it.  

Just a hunch it’s going to be more reshuffling the deck chairs on the titanic rather than anything bold from a FO perspective, and the coach would be the “splashier” hire.

The name that doesn’t seem to come up a lot is Meyer, but I’d be willing to bet money Dan and Alex Smith have paid him a visit with a Brink’s truck, and full authority.  

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The name that doesn’t seem to come up a lot is Meyer, but I’d be willing to bet money Dan and Alex Smith have paid him a visit with a Brink’s truck, and full authority.  

He's come up as much as anyone else, among other things Standig really went to town on him in his article about coaching prospects.

It would be interesting because of the Breer article (he has good ties to Ohio State) that people close to Meyer said you'd have a better shot winning power ball than Meyer wanting to come here.  If true, it would have a Marty feel to the hire.  And Meyer outright saying he would be interested in the Cowboys job.  Maybe just clever posturing by Meyer?

Meyer with health issues who doesn't seem to last for the long haul anywhere -- got some doubts this of all places would be good for him and I'd more than get it if he genuinely is not interested.

But I do think Alex is their best shot at being the ambassador here.  Alex could attempt to vouch for Dan.  From what some beat guys have said, Alex is Dan's new buddy and they've gotten close. 

Listening to Russell just now.  He said he saw Bruce walk into the practice bubble yesterday with Cooley and he had a big grin on his face, seemed to be in a good mood. 

He said he heard Dan was waffling this week about Bruce and a big part of it is how Dan depends on Bruce so much and Russell used the same analogy I like to use which is Bruce is like his comfortable blanket.  Like Linus in Peanuts. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Russell just now.  He said he saw Bruce walk into the practice bubble yesterday with Cooley and he had a big grin on his face, seemed to be in a good mood. 

He said he heard Dan was waffling this week about Bruce and a big part of it is how Dan depends on Bruce so much and Russell used the same analogy I like to use which is Bruce is like his comfortable blanket.  Like Linus in Peanuts. 

If he is still employed by the team after this season, then Snyder deserves everything that is happening. The empty stadium, the losing. I have zero sympathy for him and this organization.

But...but..he wants to win! What a low bar to set.

4 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

If he is still employed by the team after this season, then Snyder deserves everything that is happening. The empty stadium, the losing. I have zero sympathy for him and this organization.

Yeah it would be beyond pathetic.  If that happens, Dan should just come clean and say look he doesn't really want to win -- he really wants a BFF more than anything.  Those putt putt games fulfill him way more than anything else in life. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah well typos happen this early. :)

In the 4 seasons of 2014-2017 he was always hurt yet in those 22 games that he actually played he had zero picks and 5 passes defended.  It was very rare that we ever thought to ourselves "boy D Hall is locking down his man today".

Loving the team you play for does not mean you are a good player, I'm sure Matt Stevens loved playing for the Redskins too. 

Sorry man, not trying to be an asshole about the typo...I assumed it ment figure but not sure..I'm not edemucated enough to point fingers and I normally can pin point what the word actually is but when I cant, I ask..again sorry man...i remember a ton of times d hall being beat..maybe it was more of a I enjoyed him being here than anything lol

1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Loud mouth jerk of a guy.

Please..do tell. What does he do to earn this title..just curious 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great...we're all ****ed now.

I truly truly believe it's going to be a mutual agreement..where bruce retires...both daniel and brucifer agree to split up...with occasional putt putt times still.

15 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

I will be a ‘Skins fan until the day I die, but if that occurs that will be the nail in the coffin and at that juncture....I will be beyond the point of caring anymore. He will deserve all the spoils that come with being a total moronic buffoon, which will endure as long as he owns the team.

11 minutes ago, Theismann07 said:

I will be a ‘Skins fan until the day I die, but if that occurs that will be the nail in the coffin and at that juncture....I will be beyond the point of caring anymore. He will deserve all the spoils that come with being a total moronic buffoon, which will endure as long as he owns the team.

I look at it this way, I can't ever root for another team I'll just start treating them like I do the Bullets by not watching any games or paying attention to anything they do. It'll be beyond obvious that dan doesn't care so why should I?

20 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Great...we're all ****ed now.

I truly truly believe it's going to be a mutual agreement..where bruce retires...both daniel and brucifer agree to split up...with occasional putt putt times still.

Yeah I still think at the end Bruce goes but I do believe the gossip reports that Dan would be doing it very reluctantly as opposed to him wanting to do it.   I would be surprised albeit not shocked if Bruce survives.

It hit me the other day that if Bruce was let go, I would actually be able to root for this team to win games again. That realization was exciting to me. I haven't felt that way in awhile. It would be nice to watch the Eagles game and hope for us to knock them further back in the playoff hunt. 

But at this point, until that slimy piece of worm-ridden filth (sorry, new Star Wars film has me a little excited) is gone, I'm staying in "I hope they get obliterated" mode. 

And DHall can go **** himself. An absolute moron. Anyone who can objectively (he obviously can't) look at this team over the last 10 years with Bruce at the helm and not realize he is the second biggest problem in the organization deserves absolutely zero intellectual respect. Good to hear this so I can ignore him completely moving forward. 

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I still think at the end Bruce goes but I do believe the gossip reports that Dan would be doing it very reluctantly as opposed to him wanting to do it.   I would be surprised albeit not shocked if Bruce survives.

I would be shocked at this point because Of the obvious financial implications. 

However if San believes He can get the coach he wants and keep Bruce, there’s a chance.

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would be shocked at this point because Of the obvious financial implications. 

However if San believes He can get the coach he wants and keep Bruce, there’s a chance.

Yep and I'd add that Bruce who seems to be able to play Dan like a fiddle is likely working furiously to prove the point to Dan that he can get his man at HC and keep his buddy at the same time.   Naturally the best candidate that Bruce would sell is whomever is willing to work with him.

If so Dan would be missing a major plot line which is that fans want Bruce gone.  Based on what some who covered the team said last year, Bruce convinced Dan that next season (2019) all will be fine and the fans don't really have a beef with him that's permanent and it's all about the losing.  

If so, Bruce has to throw one more Hail Mary at Dan and say he built a great roster but Jay messed it up -- now we just need to get the right coach and 2020 will be the year.  And Dan don't let go of me now when I am this close to getting you a spanking new stadium.

I'd still bet against it going down that way but over the years my opinion of Dan has continued to descend to new lows.  I don't think Bruce is good at his job to say the least but I think he's miles smarter than Dan and can outwit him with ease.  So that gives Bruce a chance at survival.  

Archived