Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

I still think firing Bruce won't make a difference, just as firing Vinny changed nothing.  Snyder has tried it all, he has given full control (allegedly) to Marty and Shanny.  He has hired big name head coaches, up and coming assistants, the hot shot college coach and all have failed. And all will fail as long as Dan Snyder owns this team.  We have seen countless people with top credentials arrive in Ashburn and instantly turn stupid. This is no accident, anyone under Snyder is destined for failure.  

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Got free tix. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

80-20 Iggles fans.  It was quiet as a church when the Skins did well and deafening when the Iggles did anything 

It was nuts 

And it’s for this reason that Snyder should have his *** kicked up and down the Beltway for creating this situation at the stadium. 

Damn shame.

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Got free tix. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

80-20 Iggles fans.  It was quiet as a church when the Skins did well and deafening when the Iggles did anything 

It was nuts 

You'd figure it has to take a toll but Dan's football and emotional intelligence/IQ is insanely low, so you never know.  I forgot which beat guy said it on a pregame show I was listening to but he said talking to players even they tell him changing from Bruce would make a sea change difference or something like that.  Obviously, it was said off the record to said report but it came off like Bruce isn't popular in the locker room.

Among other things, I know people on this board seem to be divided about how Trent handled his situation.  But it's pretty obvious the players aren't divided and have Trent's back.  He was a long time captain and leader on the team for a reason.   And reporters said that when Trent was addressing the media about what went down, the players were nodding in the background and saying preach.

I am not a Callahan guy, don't hate him either, but I think Snider is going a bit too far here -- Bruce getting away with blaming Callahan for the loss?  Seems a bit crazy to me. 

After all, it was a bad loss. The Redskins are 3-11 after playing before 30,000-plus people at FedEx Field. About 80 percent of the fans were Eagles supporters. That's just awful, but the norm nowadays in Landover.

The cries for a quality new coach should be louder after Callahan's debacle. They should be even louder for team president Bruce Allen, but now there's a weary sense that the beleaguered exec is going nowhere in owner Dan Snyder's fantasy land. Allen surely blamed the coach for this loss in falling ever farther behind in the worst division ever.

Urban Meyer was in Snyder's box as a guest of receiver Terry McLaurin. Indeed, fellow Ohio State alum Haskins didn't know his old coach was there until told by the media post-game. He just smiled.

Well, Meyer would be nuts to take the Redskins job when there may be 10 openings leaguewide. Dallas might be one. At most, Meyer got a peek at possible NFC East opponents.

Meanwhile, Callahan can only blame himself for botching this game. It was an ugly loss and the coach knew it afterwards.

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep Bruce is the replay dude

I don't know. I think it was PI, too. The defender clearly hit Simms well before the ball got there. He trapped his arm in the collision and the defender was not playing the ball. I think the only reason it wasn't called a PI under review is because refs stick up for each other. Bad non-reversal in my book.

Just now, Burgold said:

I don't know. I think it was PI, too. The defender clearly hit Simms well before the ball got there. He trapped his arm in the collision and the defender was not playing the ball. I think the only reason it wasn't called a PI under review is because refs stick up for each other. Bad non-reversal in my book.

Watching that play it wasn't conclusive enough to reverse.  Following these type of things in other games it has to be a flagrant miss for referees to reverse a call. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching that play it wasn't conclusive enough to reverse.  Following these type of things in other games it has to be a flagrant miss for referees to reverse a call. 

I know I am watching with homer glasses, but that looked like the kind of play that ought to be called PI. It certainly was a hell of a lot more of a PI than either of the Roughing the QB calls were PFs. 

Still, Simms had a chance. It would have been one of those amazing catches, but that's how you make your name. Shame such a great throw netted nothing.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You'd figure it has to take a toll but Dan's football and emotional intelligence/IQ is insanely low, so you never know.  I forgot which beat guy said it on a pregame show I was listening to but he said talking to players even they tell him changing from Bruce would make a sea change difference or something like that.  Obviously, it was said off the record to said report but it came off like Bruce isn't popular in the locker room.

Among other things, I know people on this board seem to be divided about how Trent handled his situation.  But it's pretty obvious the players aren't divided and have Trent's back.  He was a long time captain and leader on the team for a reason.   And reporters said that when Trent was addressing the media about what went down, the players were nodding in the background and saying preach.

So i recently (today lol) learned I have a “contact” on the Skins coaching staff. From what I hear, all the players and a lot of coaches know Bruce is an issue and that the report on some coaches not wanting to come here because of Bruce is accurate 

Archived