Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 hour ago, celticsalmon said:

Reports say Snyder is involved in the draft.  I smell deperation and fear a big splash to try to generate fan interest.

Of course he's involved. It's his team. Durrr.

The extent he's involved in is simply Bruce it's your ass on the line, what's the plan. 

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

2 players on this list hardly play. 

And the third is a warrior but constantly injured, making him technically available but putting his level of play below even the reasonable contract number he's on the books for. 

I think Snyder's plan is to have a draft without participation of the coaches, and of course the obvious next step is to play the game without participation of the players.  In fact, I hear, next year no team will take the field and the t,v, cameras will just lock on the owner's box.

10 hours ago, TK said:

Of course he's involved. It's his team. Durrr.

The extent he's involved in is simply Bruce it's your ass on the line, what's the plan. 

Which I hope is more than just dog and pony for the press to leak to appease the fanbase.

I'd be shocked if Snyder ever parted with Bruce Allen absent a fan rebellion and attendance issues.

If it makes the Giants blink then its worth the phone call - Not because it will necessarily affect the Redskins but miiiiight affect the Giants. 

I think right now the Giants think they can address the pass rush at 6 and the QB at 17 - but now if they think the skins will go QB they either have to go QB at 6 or drop back a couple of slots (i don't think anyone is blown away by the current QB prospects) and still pick a QB up before either the Dolphins or the Skins but they will end up missing out potentially on the premium talent that can help the pass rush.. 

If they really think the Skins will (and have shown the willingness in the past to pay the price to move up) will move into the top 5 to select their guy (I am guessing Jones at this point - given the Manning connection) then they might be considering packaging their two first round picks to leapfrog the potential skins landing point ...   either way i think it is kind of all smoke an mirrors at this point 

10 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

2 players on this list hardly play. 

That's fair, but they got a second contract. My assessment originally was that I liked all of the re-signings except for Reed (even though I liked it at the time). Someone mentioned that only Williams and Kerrigan got second contracts which is why I posted what you quoted. Whether others liked those extensions/re-signings is up to them. 

I liked the fact that we finally seemed to be making an effort to draft and retain the guys who performed...

1 hour ago, bedlamVR said:

If it makes the Giants blink then its worth the phone call - Not because it will necessarily affect the Redskins but miiiiight affect the Giants. 

I think right now the Giants think they can address the pass rush at 6 and the QB at 17 - but now if they think the skins will go QB they either have to go QB at 6 or drop back a couple of slots (i don't think anyone is blown away by the current QB prospects) and still pick a QB up before either the Dolphins or the Skins but they will end up missing out potentially on the premium talent that can help the pass rush.. 

If they really think the Skins will (and have shown the willingness in the past to pay the price to move up) will move into the top 5 to select their guy (I am guessing Jones at this point - given the Manning connection) then they might be considering packaging their two first round picks to leapfrog the potential skins landing point ...   either way i think it is kind of all smoke an mirrors at this point 

Except the Giants would love the Skins to trade away their future to jump into the top 5 in a desperation move.  The Giants can wait until next year for a quarterback, if necessary - their fans already are expecting them to suck this year and they have plenty of other holes to fill.  And even though the Giants have had only one winning seaason since 2012, they've had a winning record against the Skins since that time (8-4).  I don't expect them, or anyone else, to react to any of the Skins moves.

The Skins need to worry about the Skins.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Which I hope is more than just dog and pony for the press to leak to appease the fanbase.

I'd be shocked if Snyder ever parted with Bruce Allen absent a fan rebellion and attendance issues.

These are already happening.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Haskins would generate zero excitement for me.  

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Haskins would generate zero excitement for me.  

I'm not a film guy, but my hunch says Haskins is an NFL bust. Based on what I hear from the NFL draft "experts" Jones is the better prospect having been coached up by the same guy who coached up the Manning's. My gut also tells me that Snyder is probably trying to get to #1 overall to take Murray. That would get his fan base, what's left of it, excited.

35 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm not a film guy, but my hunch says Haskins is an NFL bust. Based on what I hear from the NFL draft "experts" Jones is the better prospect having been coached up by the same guy who coached up the Manning's. My gut also tells me that Snyder is probably trying to get to #1 overall to take Murray. That would get his fan base, what's left of it, excited.

Christian Hackenberg was 'coached' by the Mannings as well... and quite possibly one of the largest draft busts in history. Wouldn't touch Jones before the 5th round.

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Christian Hackenberg was 'coached' by the Mannings as well... and quite possibly one of the largest draft busts in history. Wouldn't touch Jones before the 5th round.

I think he was referring to David Cutcliffe who coached the Manning boys in college and Jones at Duke.  He also coached Heath Shuler who was a bigger bust then Hackenberg based off where they were drafted.  

The fact that Snyder's son went to same school as Haskins in DC area that concerns me.  I would go for a quarterback in the second round and go for another urgent need with the 15th pick.  We have so many holes that need to be filled that its not funny.   Its not good that the Danny could be involved in pushing for a move up higher in the first round.

I don't understand why we would trade up for any of these quarterbacks.  Griffin and Luck were viewed as generational since October, national names even for those who didn't follow college football.  Griffin was exciting as hell, so I understood and supported the trade.

I still don't know who the hell any of these people are, but I think we're supposed to be waiting for Tua Moana Montana or something next year?

Who knows if they trade for Haskins.  Am leaning that it's a smokescreen but the JLC point is correct.  We can talk all day long about who cares if Bruce has the title as long as he has bright dudes working under him.  It's not IMO how it works.  The dude at the top is the decision maker, they got the power.  So I don't get any outrage if Bruce doesn't listen to Kyle or Jay as some purport might happen.   They work for Bruce it isn't the other way around.   Bruce could play down his power all he wants but it's obvious the dude who has final say is more important than the underlings who advise them.     That's why I keep hammering Bruce.    He has the power.  And yes it matters that he has the power. 🙁 And the fact that he can carry out Dan's bidding potentially without anyone knowing, adds another wrinkle to it. 

https://thefandc.radio.com/michael-lombardi-crushes-redskins-bruce-allen-again

"Well, he never picked players," Lombardi recalled. "I mean he wouldn't even know how to scout. I mean, I'm not the only guy. Scot McCloughan says the same thing, too. I mean anybody who's been interactive with Bruce knows he's not a football guy. I know his dad was a legendary head coach, but he never came up that way. He came up a different way.

"If you were to ask him about, 'What is the true meaning of this draft?' And 'where the fifth rusher fits in, the fourth rusher,' and the value of this draft in terms of tight ends. 'What's an F? What's a Y?' You know, you're in a conversation that he's not gonna be able to handle."

Earlier today I predicted they would pick Haskins because he went to same school as Snyder's son and I did not favor picking him since we had so many other needs on this team.  This reminds me of when they got RGIII.  The Prince of Darkness (Allen) and the Danny got their guy.  The Head Coach and the scouts wanted the Duke Quarterback the Giants selected so we will see which team made the right pick in the next few years.  In the newspaper tomorrow they will say how happy they were that Haskins fell to them at pick number 15 and they will trot out Williams to say how they got their guy.  A phone caller on 980 radio this morning pointed out that there is a long line of failed Ohio State quarterbacks who went to the NFL and were not successful.  Each of them did fine at Ohio State but they could not raise their level of play in the NFL.  I am sure our scouts told the Danny but this information went in one ear and out the other ear.

Archived