Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

You aint trying if you dont have a team thinking about how you can make money off of this. I have been floating the idea of offering gun insurance myself. Thats America 2018 you dont have influence if you dont have money. Problem we have is (almost) everyone with money is a bad guy. 

Down my way

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0218/vigilant-student-thwarts-potential-mass-shooting.html

Leonardtown, MD- “See something, say something”—that’s the message from St. Mary’s County Sheriff Tim Cameron, St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) superintendent Dr. Scott Smith and State’s Attorney Richard Fritz.

That message may have stopped a school tragedy right here in St. Mary’s County.

62f04c2b-7213-4852-8b34-3fa8e47f3850.jpgOn Friday, Feb. 16, the sheriff’s office was notified that two male students at Leonardtown High School could be plotting a school shooting. According to the concerned citizen, the two teens, ages 15 and 16, were overheard talking on the school bus about bringing guns to school. Their comments included how their tactical experience would result in a higher death toll than the recent school shooting in Parkland, FL and how they were “too smart to be caught.”

More under the link

~Bang 

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Down my way

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0218/vigilant-student-thwarts-potential-mass-shooting.html

Leonardtown, MD- “See something, say something”—that’s the message from St. Mary’s County Sheriff Tim Cameron, St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) superintendent Dr. Scott Smith and State’s Attorney Richard Fritz.

That message may have stopped a school tragedy right here in St. Mary’s County.

~Bang 

“Shortly after midnight, deputies went to the homes of both students and spoke with the students and their parents,” Cameron said. The students denied making the threat. “The parents assured the deputies the students had no access to firearms.” ............................. Later that same day, deputies returned to the Leonardtown home where the 15 year old suspect lives with a search and seizure warrant. Inside the home, investigators found 39 unsecured firearms, including handguns in the nightstands of both the 15 year old suspect and his 14 year old brother. ...................... On Tuesday, Feb. 21, SMCSO detectives met with the state’s attorney, FBI, ATF and the board of education and a second search and seizure warrant was issued for Fairfax’s home. Police seized an additional 25 firearms, as well as gun parts, ammunition, powder and suppressors.

They need to ream the parents so hard they never walk again

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

They need to ream the parents so hard they never walk again

Well, certainly sounds like more investigation is in order.  

Just out of curiosity, assuming that said parents did actually provide dozens of weapons to their underage children (and lied about it to police), what charges should they face?  

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Just out of curiosity, assuming that said parents did actually provide dozens of weapons to their underage children (and lied about it to police), what charges should they face?  

Might have to take the kids away from them and put them in jail. I know that sounds extreme but this is pretty extreme negligence if you can even call it that with the lying about it. 

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

Let Bang decide..........

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Might have to take the kids away from them and put them in jail.

Did they break any laws?  (Other than lying to police?)  

If not, does there need to be a law that they would have broken, if it had existed?  

Me, I've believed for some time that we need a law that mandates that any home that contains more than, say, three guns, then all of the guns but three have to be in some kind of safe.  (How good a safe to be determined.  Maybe UL can come up with a rating?)  Simply because homes with lots of guns can become places where people other than the owners can get guns.  (I could see the limit being maybe 4 or 5, but that's about it.)  

Enforcing such a law then becomes a problem.  Does it only get enforced after there's a tragedy?  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

Did they break any laws?  (Other than lying to police?)  

If not, does there need to be a law that they would have broken, if it had existed?  

Me, I've believed for some time that we need a law that mandates that any home that contains more than, say, three guns, then all of the guns but three have to be in some kind of safe.  (How good a safe to be determined.  Maybe UL can come up with a rating?)  Simply because homes with lots of guns can become places where people other than the owners can get guns.  (I could see the limit being maybe 4 or 5, but that's about it.)  

Enforcing such a law then becomes a problem.  Does it only get enforced after there's a tragedy?  

So three guns can't do any harm, but if we've got 4 or 5...pump the breaks, put em in a safe!  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So three guns can't do any harm, but if we've got 4 or 5...pump the breaks, put em in a safe!  

Clearly not what hes saying. Hes attempting to compromise. All guns should be locked up but telling gun nuts that is like telling them they need to sell off a child and give the profits to Obama.