Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

That video has tons wrong with it. Kids have zero respect anymore (yes, I know how old I sound). When I was in school, if an armed officer started to break up an altercation that was about to turn into a fight, you can sure as **** believe we weren’t going to escalate to throwing blows OVER the cop. 

The scary thing is that some people won't find anything objectionable to that video.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The scary thing is that some people won't find anything objectionable to that video.  

The whole thing is objectionable.

I don’t believe that arming teachers is going to stop these kids from acting out though.  And how long will it be before some teacher with a hard on for his Ruger pulls a gun on some kids fighting?  That won’t be a good outcome.

What are we even doing here?  What kind of society are we trying to create?  One where a person has to carry a gun on them at all times to feel safe?  I don’t want that.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The whole thing is objectionable.

I don’t believe that arming teachers is going to stop these kids from acting out though.  And how long will it be before some teacher with a hard on for his Ruger pulls a gun on some kids fighting?  That won’t be a good outcome.

What are we even doing here?  What kind of society are we trying to create?  One where a person has to carry a gun on them at all times to feel safe?  I don’t want that.

I agree, to a certain extent.  I don't think arming teachers is a way to go.  Teachers should be focusing on teaching kids science, math and english, not worrying about whether they can defend a classroom.  

The article I posted earlier shows how Switzerland has become a country with very little gun deaths and where everyone practically has one.  Of course, except people that are identified as mentally unfit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/21/switzerland-loves-its-guns-but-mass-shootings-rare/358500002/

But I think we're way past that.  Cat is outta the bag and there's no going back.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, to a certain extent.  I don't think arming teachers is a way to go.  Teachers should be focusing on teaching kids science, math and english, not worrying about whether they can defend a classroom.  

The article I posted earlier shows how Switzerland has become a country with very little gun deaths and where everyone practically has one.  Of course, except people that are identified as mentally unfit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/02/21/switzerland-loves-its-guns-but-mass-shootings-rare/358500002/

But I think we're way past that.  Cat is outta the bag and there's no going back.

Switzerland also requires military service and gun training, correct?

I wouldn’t be against that for a requirement to own a gun... but that pesky second amendment always gets in the way.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Switzerland also requires military service and gun training, correct?

I wouldn’t be against that for a requirement to own a gun... but that pesky second amendment always gets in the way.

I don't know if they require military service.  I wouldn't be opposed to everyone having gun training.  It's been my experience that the people who are the most anti-gun have never handled one, yet seem to think they know the most about them.  

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Now you’re just trolling..oh wait I’m almost certain that’s what the T in twa stands for.

Hmmm 

Trolling wreckless abandon

Trolling with avarice

Trolling while aloof

Maybe something else?

I'd say you do far more of it than me.....and louder

gun training is a life skill and adds to safe handling both for owners and those that encounter them.....teach em to make change too.

13 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Now you’re just trolling..oh wait I’m almost certain that’s what the T in twa stands for.

Hmmm 

Trolling with avarice

Trolling while aloof

Maybe something else?

Ehh, it's only a terrible idea because it sounds so far away from what anyone would consider normal.   

I don't have a problem with it, but I won't advocate for it past this post because it's just something that couldn't happen today and it'll get shouted down by anyone who disagrees before they take the time to understand it because EMOTIONS.   It wasn't that long ago in this country that kids were on rifle teams in school.  Kids in mostly rural areas could take a gun to school and go hunting before and after school.  It wasn't an issue.  And what do you know, no school shootings.

Look at it this way:  If you grow up and don't have any experience handling a gun and don't have a healthy respect for them, everything you see and know about guns is most likely based on movies and tv.  That's pretty scary because Hollywood doesn't really take the time to explain anything about gun safety and it's hard to watch something without glorifying violence.  It's not Hollywood's job to be a parent or a positive role model.  But if you're young and impressionable, you don't know that.

• Like 1

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/the-gun-control-debate-could-break-america/

This divide won’t go away, and it has the potential to break us as a nation.

Unlike the stupid hysterics over net neutrality, tax policy, or regulatory reform, the gun debate really is — at its heart — about life and death. It’s about different ways of life, different ways of perceiving your role in a nation and a community. Given these immense stakes, extra degrees of charity and empathy are necessary in public discussion and debate. At the moment, what we have instead are extra degrees of anger and contempt. The stakes are high. Emotions are high. Ignorance abounds. Why bother to learn anything new when you know the other side is evil?

It takes more than a constitution or a government to hold a nation together. The ties that bind us as Americans are strong and durable, but the great challenges that formed them are receding into the past. Geographic differences create cultural differences, and cultural differences hasten ever-greater geographic change. Like clusters with like, and it results in the fury we saw last night, when one of the bluest communities in America vented its rage at the red emissaries in their midst.

A nation cannot endure forever when its people are consumed with such hate.

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

Peterson is mentioned as part of a 2016 social services agency investigation into Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old identified by police as the gunman. According to a Florida Department of Children and Families report detailing that investigation, Peterson was approached by investigators and “refused to share any information … regarding [an] incident that took place with” the teenager.

That same year, the sheriff’s office revealed Thursday, it was told about “third hand information” from a “neighbor’s son” suggesting that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school,” although the specific school was not listed. The sheriff’s office said a deputy contacted the caller, determined that Cruz had knives and a BB gun and sent the information to the school resource officer — presumably Peterson. It is unclear whether he investigated.

What the ****.

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What the ****.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fla-school-officer-waited-building-minutes-killings-happened/story?id=53288339

Peterson was named school resource officer of the year in the city of Parkland in 2014, after he had been with the school for five years, records show. According to a booklet announcing the award, Peterson had been "proven to be reliable in handling issues with tact and judgment" and was active in mentoring and counseling students that year.

Peterson was also nominated for Parkland deputy of the year in 2017, an internal memo from the sheriff's office dated March 27, 2017, shows.

5 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If the POLICE cannot be counted on to intervene, you want teachers to do so.

Yes.  If cops will not do something to save my little girl you bet your ass I want the adults present to do so.  Adults should absolutely act to safeguard children that have been placed in their care.  Children being murdered is not one of those situations in life where it's acceptable to say "it's not my job." 

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If the police can’t find it in themselves to intervene during a school shooting then you get new police. You don’t put the gun in the hands of a teacher. This is an argument for professionalism in law enforcement, NOT for making educators law enforcers.

Police have to be better, no argument there, but safety is something that schools have to think about.  One such scenario is that police take too long to arrive.  What then?  Security may not be what they imagined themselves having to worry about when they decided to become educators, but schools no longer have the luxury of leaving that aspect out of their planning. 

Though again, I agree that arming teachers seems like a bad plan.  Too much liability and safeguarding a gun in a classroom would likely prove difficult given enough time.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Hmmm 

Trolling with avarice

Trolling while aloof

Maybe something else?

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Trumps

White

Army

Now that you mention it, I do see some trolling.  Let's stick to the issues, please.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

That video has tons wrong with it. Kids have zero respect anymore (yes, I know how old I sound). When I was in school, if an armed officer started to break up an altercation that was about to turn into a fight, you can sure as **** believe we weren’t going to escalate to throwing blows OVER the cop. 

Or maybe so called kids,are wising up.

Cops arent little gods. Just regular  Joe dumb asses with guns. They exercise  too much authority enforcing a majority  of unnecessary laws. Most involving paid fines so govt. Just makes more money off you. 

I'm not condoning violence among  students..but I don't remember  one valuable thing from the first twelve years of school.its a waste of life and time, aside from interacting with a few people.

People need to stop learning to obey authority just because  it calls itself  authority..and start learning to question authority and challenge  it to come up.with valid answers. 

5 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Or maybe so called kids,are wising up.

Cops arent little gods. Just regular  Joe dumb asses with guns. They exercise  too much authority enforcing a majority  of unnecessary laws. Most involving paid fines so govt. Just makes more money off you. 

I'm not condoning violence among  students..but I don't remember  one valuable thing from the first twelve years of school.its a waste of life and time, aside from interacting with a few people.

People need to stop learning to obey authority just because  it calls itself  authority..and start learning to question authority and challenge  it to come up.with valid answers. 

Wait, so you claim to be so much better at discerning things than EVERYBODY else, but can’t remember a thing from your first 12 years of school? Maybe you are just so dumb you think you’re smart, because you can’t tell the difference. Because you never learned critical thinking, physical science, or math. Just an idea. 

EDIT: Wait, I just noticed the 'so called kids' part. are we that blind?

giphy.gif

Edited by Popeman38
  • Haha 2

I'm saying tactical training for kids is the answer. History is ****ing useless anyway just ask @thinwhiteduke he doesn't even remember any of it. 

I mean why not the most productive thing our country sells is war anyway. Let's go full out Enders Game out this **** I could support that.  

Edited by Llevron

Just now, Llevron said:

Fits tho

I'm saying tactical teaming for kids is the answer. History is ****ing useless anyway just ask @thinwhiteduke he doesn't even remember any of it. 

I mean why not the most productive thing our country sells is war anyway. Let's go full out Enders Game out this **** I could support that.  

the fit depends on perception since none of the three are good fits

tactical teaming,gang rushing the shooter ect are things to teach kids IF you can't get them out or defend them.