Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

4 minutes ago, carex said:

risky plays are not the same as mistakes

Unless your name is Kirk Cousins. :rofl89:

Tell me that Kirk throwing those same passes wouldn't result in a meltdown here?  I dare ya.  Wentz threw risky passes all game and we just didn't come down with them.  That's the truth.

16 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

At this point I'll take a rookie and let's build the meanest nastiest defense in the league with the money that Kurt wants

It won't  even matter because whatever this team does, they will **** it up somehow.

We'll have a ton of cash but it'll be a year with ****ty free agents. That's how we roll. Or we'll be frugal on guys like Sheldon Richardson, Suh it whatever but rest our hopes on guys like Hood and Phil Taylor:

8 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Goff looked awful all year when he did play last season. He was precise today, and executed the Rams offense efficiently. The kid looked good. Kudos to Boy Wonder for week 1.

McVay may have had more of an effect on Cousins these past two seasons than I gave him credit for lol...Goff's stat line was Cousins-esque.

Why are we even discussing Wentz performance?

Our dude threw high and behind guys all game, pressure or not.

He led an offense that had one good play, and otherwise produced 3 points.

This team wasn't ready to play. A theme for this organization and this head coach.

Either that, or we really suck and this is what we'll see all season.

A good team winds up having a chance as that clock expires. A really good team doesn't wind up in that position to begin with.

The Eagles were not good today. We lost, and overall looked poor.  

Did anyone have any faith that Cousins was going to drive us for a win when we were on the 1yrd line?  What about when we got the ball back with two minutes left?  He's mediocre. But, I really think the bigger problem is Gruden. We should have kept McVay. He may have been the only thing doing on offense. Gruden was atrocious today as a play caller. He also seems too stupid to do his job. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Of all the losses we sustained in the off season, McVay may have been the biggest. Dude might just be a wunderkind.

With our luck, you know he will be. 

5 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

Did anyone have any faith that Cousins was going to drive us for a win when we were on the 1yrd line?  What about when we got the ball back with two minutes left?  He's mediocre. But, I really think the bigger problem is Gruden. We should have kept McVay. He may have been the only think doing on offense. Gruden was atrocious today as a play caller. He also seems too stupid to do his job. 

I was not a fan of Skins playcalling in recent years.  To much outsmarting themselves.  I had no problem with Gruden

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

So I imagined all the passes of his our defensive backs got two hands on and couldn't come down with?  He didn't over throw a backwards pass?  He threw at defended receivers all game.  Even the pick six that was tipped was intended for a well defended receiver.  

Did you see his stats, and watch him extending plays?

I am curious - does his coach want him to throw those deep balls away since they were covered, or maybe wants him to put it into a place where the WR can make a play on it.  A big jump ball WR type, vs a burner like DJax. The WR right there always seems to do very well of defending, as needed. The guys on D are not WRs for a reason. A turnover on any of those 3, would be like punts.

That over throw backwards pass was fine, it was a horrible play call and the defender was ON the WR as it hit his hands.

1 minute ago, skins4eva said:

Did anyone have any faith that Cousins was going to drive us for a win when we were on the 1yrd line?  What about when we got the ball back with two minutes left?  He's mediocre. But, I really think the bigger problem is Gruden. We should have kept McVay. He may have been the only think doing on offense. Gruden was atrocious today as a play caller. He also seems too stupid to do his job.

The only way we'd be able to keep McVay is if we fired Gruden and promoted McVay to head coach. Like it or not, he was gone. And I'll admit, after the hot and colds of last season along with the lack of a running game, I liked it. Not quite so much now.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kirk had a bad game. He had a bad game in the first one last year, too. And it wasnt just him who had a bad game. So did the O line, Robert Kelley, Pryor. Its unacceptable. How dare they? 

I got to do the math but I am pretty sure they are mathametically eliminated from the playoffs.  At this point, i think these guys should be let go. Time to start the rebuild and think 2018 season. :)

I think the idea of this thread is not about Kirk having a "bad game". It's about whether or not he is the guy that can win a championship for us. I havent thought so for years. It seems like others are coming to that same conclusion.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

also that arm was going forward

but i can't even care because the team just played like dog doo and deserved to lose.

And that's just IT. I, like you and most other "hardcore" fans, are becoming ambivalent to this team's fortunes. I can't remember a home-opening loss that I have gotten over quicker than this one. Didn't expect much. Didn't get much. Cousin's arm WAS moving forward and he should have had a chance to lead this team to a game-winning TD, but no, that opportunity was aborted by the officials. And I don't really care because I never felt this team deserved to win anyway.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

After today he's on pace for 3900 yards. Sounds pretty good doesn't it? Sure it's not 4,800 yards but not too shabby.

yard stats are overrated.

Not trying to be an ass, but you said his numbers were average last year.  

Then...

I provided numbers saying otherwise.  You picked one of the numbers and said it's an overrated stat.  

You haven't addressed the other stats I provided (and there are more I could have included of course). 

You haven't provided any stats to back up your claim.  

So...

1 hour ago, paloosa said:

I guess saw a different games because the TD to a wide open Eagle WR in the first Quarter was because the tackling was great on Carson Wentz. That TD doesn't happen if they were able to sack Wentz but he broke tackles and threw a TD because they stopped and watched the play. And that happened a lot during this game but of course the defense tackled great. 

You must have watched a different game, yes guys got a hand on Wentz on that play but it wasn't like they completely missed tackles. You are talking about one play, it's really hard to bring a QB down when you're being blocked and he is evading, especially big QB like Wentz. I don't think I saw an Eagles WR or RB break a single tackle all game so I still have no idea what you are talking about.

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

Unless your name is Kirk Cousins. :rofl89:

Tell me that Kirk throwing those same passes wouldn't result in a meltdown here?  I dare ya.  Wentz threw risky passes all game and we just didn't come down with them.  That's the truth.

Throwing an accurate pass that your big bodied WR can go up and make a play on is rather different than consistently being inaccurate and throwing the ball yards over your WRs heads. One is a calculated risk that QBs do when they have the guys that they trust and can make those plays, the other is just a plain bad pass.

2 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

And that's just IT. I, like you and most other "hardcore" fans, are becoming ambivalent to this team's fortunes. I can't remember a home-opening loss that I have gotten over quicker than this one. Didn't expect much. Didn't get much. Cousin's arm WAS moving forward and he should have had a chance to lead this team to a game-winning TD, but no, that opportunity was aborted by the officials. And I don't really care because I never felt this team deserved to win anyway.

I had zero faith that Cousins would lead the team to a game winning TD drive, and I'm pretty ambivalent right now. I thought the Defense played well for the most part, the big mistake I saw there was Everett not following through with the CB blitz. Once again this is about Cousins and let's be honest the guy is horrible against the division, and he's a choker at this point, when the pressure is on he gets skittish. Don't call next week a must-win or Cousins will crap the bed

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Throwing an accurate pass that your big bodied WR can go up and make a play on is rather different than consistently being inaccurate and throwing the ball yards over your WRs heads. One is a calculated risk that QBs do when they have the guys that they trust and can make those plays, the other is just a plain bad pass.

As long as the defensive backs don't come down with them, sure.  We going to pretend that if two of those passes get picked it doesn't change everything?  He gambled often and we just didn't make the play.  Wentz wasn't great.

Just now, Destino said:

As long as the defensive backs don't come down with them, sure.  We going to pretend that if two of those passes get picked it doesn't change everything?  

Of course it would change things. I'm just saying that those sorts of passes are calculated risks that QBs do take sometimes when they have the guys to do it, whereas the other is just plain inaccuracy and poor passes.

30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got to do the math but I am pretty sure they are mathametically eliminated from the playoffs.  At this point, i think these guys should be let go. Time to start the rebuild and think 2018 season. :)

100% I mean no offense to you, but it's this line of thinking that gets this team in trouble. I feel like they ****ing think everything is a joke. Preseason there is no urgency, first game there is no urgency because hey "it's only preseason, it's only game 1, it's only year 4 of the rebuild".

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Of course it would change things. I'm just saying that those sorts of passes are calculated risks that QBs do take sometimes when they have the guys to do it, whereas the other is just plain inaccuracy and poor passes.

Like wildly overthrowing a player 10 yards away on a backwards pass?  Again, I'm not feeling the Wentz praise.  He had much less pressure to deal with and his mistakes were largely what kept the Redskns in the game.

Alright,  I'll bite:

So what's the answer?  If Cousins isn't the guy,  do we take another chance on the next RG3 - and probably mortgage our next couple of years in the process - or try to grab someone in FA?  Call me crazy,  stupid,  or both.  but from where I'm sitting our track record since,  oh,  pretty much Ryp hasn't been anywhere close to inspiring.  That said,  mini-rant:  I know it's only one play,  but how in the holy hell do the zebras decide KC's arm wasn't moving forward on that Fletcher Cox debacle?  Geez.... 

I don't know what the alternative is.

I do know that if we have a rookie next year people will be calling for his head after 3 weeks.  It's just how it goes around here, someone has a bad game and people go ape****.

Kirk is a good QB, not a great one.  I'm not going to make excuses for him, but let's not pretend that he's the only QB to ever throw a pick in a bad situation.  

I'd need to be blown away with a better alternative QB to be sure that we need to let KC go.  And the market is the market, that's not Kirk's fault.  

Archived