Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

18 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Really disappointed in the Play calling. Eagles were picking spots at the edge with quick outs..We were bombs away at first. Pryer can't track the long ball and doesn't have quick cuts on routes...just runs to a spot. SLOPPY PLAY ST and Offense...just sorry. Didn't SEE again the enthusiasm...

WAY too many high throws..one for INT in red zone...piss poor bad

AND they should have traded Kirk and got those picks....should have traded Kirk and got those picks...should have traded Kirk and got those picks

Wasted season...

what picks?  We have no proof anyone actually offered a decent deal.

don't see this poor play calling people are talking about

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

This thread is hilarious.  DJax and Garçon made him look good?  Guess that Garcon magic doesn't work in San Fran.  

Pressure beats QBs.  That simple.  Eagles got to our QB too often and too quickly, and the result was that he had an awful game.  No need to over think it. 

he threw high on quite a few passes with little pressure

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

This thread is hilarious.  DJax and Garçon made him look good?  Guess that Garcon magic doesn't work in San Fran.  

Pressure beats QBs.  That simple.  Eagles got to our QB too often and too quickly, and the result was that he had an awful game.  No need to over think it. 

he threw high on quite a few passes with little pressure

9 minutes ago, carex said:

Oh, come on...Gruden kept calling that "Let the RB get stuffed 4 yards in the backfield on two" play over and over again. And what about "Throw 10 yards over the head of your nearest WR" play he kept radioing to Kirk on damn near every drive? Or the "Jump in the air and muff the punt" trick play he called on special teams?

How about this guy needs everything to be ****ing perfect in order to succeed. It's just frustrating, him and this ****ing coach who can't get this team ready to play or call a good game. But hey, he knew Allen from the Tampa days and together they got us into the playoffs two years ago. Pathetic 

2 minutes ago, carex said:

what picks?  We have no proof anyone actually offered a decent deal.

Cleveland called...we didn't pickup the phone....we should have shopped him aggressively..been sayin that since before draft day. Kirk is a good QB with Good Protection..can't handle pressure. That INT in the redzone was HIGH..he was holding the ball like RGIII...got stripped because he HELD the damn ball and he held the damn ball because the PLAYs were  slow developing plays...did I even see a screen today??? 

Eagles were bringing backers..should have had some quick outs JUST like the Eagle did. WTF??

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wentz' mistakes didn't let the Redskins back into the game?  

Not really...a tipped pass did. Not quite what I'd call a QB mistake.

His steadiness of hand is what kept the Eagles in the game, though. He made a lot of clutch plays with numerous defenders around him. I didn't really see a skittish QB.

3 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Cleveland called...we didn't pickup the phone....we should have shopped him aggressively..been sayin that since before draft day. Kirk is a good QB with Good Protection..can't handle pressure. That INT in the redzone was HIGH..he was holding the ball like RGIII...got stripped because he HELD the damn ball and he held the damn ball because the PLAYs were  slow developing plays...did I even see a screen today??? 

Eagles were bringing backers..should have had some quick outs JUST like the Eagle did. WTF??

yes, we did have a screen, Ryan Grant got one.  short passes to Chris Thompson were key to our td.  But with the amont of pressure they were bringing those plays are no guarantee.  The time they could have called Kirk for grounding but said Kelley was in the area?  He actually wasn't cause he was tied up by the pressure.  And frankly Kirk had plenty of time to chuck it over the WRs head

Let's see....Cousins has got a new OC, a  'newish' center, a new receiving corps that's still not "there" yet, poor O-line pass protection, no running game -- and having to predictably drop back against a defense that knows the pass is coming and was already putting on tons of pressure, and the traditional Gruden-prepared offense that comes out of the pre-season looking flat and unprepared (even under other QBs).  And for grins, toss in a Skins FO contract controversy for a little more distraction and pressure.

I saw a QB giving it a lot of effort, and trying to extend plays.  His mechanics looked off, but he didn't have the luxury of a decent pocket  (or game plan) to get settled into a rhythm.  I think McVay understood the need of play calling to help settle Cousins into that rhythm --  it seem either Gruden doesn't get that part, or feels it's just coddling.

This was an expected/typical result of Gruden's low intensity of preparations in the preseason, worsened by the complete shakeup in the Skins receiving game, which unravelled the strength of last season's offense.

Cousins is a decent to good QB who will go on the occasional hot streak but also give you a 2-3 clunkers a year. He can't carry a team like ours, he needs help around him. Ultimately I no longer think he's worth the money he's asking for. It would just cripple us. But at the same time, you simply have to pay your QB in today's NFL. We let him go, we're back to perpetual 5-11 land.

Look around the league and there are some absolutely god awful QBs. And even good QBs can put up subpar games when they don't have help. Brady got whooped by the Chiefs on Thursday. Wilson is getting whooped by the Packers right now.

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Not really...a tipped pass did. Not quite what I'd call a QB mistake.

His steadiness of hand is what kept the Eagles in the game, though. He made a lot of clutch plays with numerous defenders around him. I didn't really see a skittish QB.

He threw to defended receivers all game and wasn't picked 4 times because our defensive backs can't catch.  Tell me I'm lying.  

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Kirk had every opportunity to win today.   He truly did.  Yet again, he came up lacking. There are many that  say "Kirk is our Guy.".  Hats off to you, I guess.  I am not that guy.  Do you, seriously, want the guy we saw today, and for most of last year, to be the highest paid quarterback in NFL history?  Seriously,do you?  It is beyond ridiculous. Kirk is not good, or at best, ok,   Do you see how he deserves to be the highest paid QB, ever,  in any possible way?  I/m sure there will be excuses galore; I've heard it all before.  Kirk just doesn't have  it'. It is sad.  I am so tired i of KC,and I just being honest.  Kirk is beyond "meh: for me....just not good. I want to win and Kirk is not the guy.  He falters in  every single significant moment.  Every single one.  He is constant, I agree with that; however the consistency is just bad.  I am curious how this will be twisted into KC's favor this time. His excuses, or anyone elses are done to me now. 

I'm starting to agree with this line of thinking.  He would probably never admit it, but I think the millions $$$ are affecting his thinking, even while he's on the field.  Looks like he's scared to make a mistake or something.  Whatever is ailing him it's preventing him from being a true leader.  I know, there were a few dropped passes that might've change the outcome of the game, but still he's just not worth the money.  McCoy may not be a top ten QB either, but he's head and shoulders above Cousins.  You can blame it on having two new receivers, but the Brady's and Rodgers don't use that excuse.  The great QB's win no matter who goes down. 

I'm ready for McCoy, at least he'd be more aggressive.  And I also think the front office shot their selves in the foot by thinking they could cut Sudfeld and then put him on the practice squad.  Now when Cousins walks next off-season the skins will have only one QB that knows the system (McCoy).  It will take the guy they picked up from Atlanta 2 years minimum to learn the system.  Looks like inmates are running the asylum.  And now they might have to draft a QB with next years #1 draft pick???  They are well known for head-scratching bone-headed moves.

On a positive note, the defense played good enough to win.  I believe they will keep getting better as the season goes on, once they get everyone on the same page. 

5 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

At this point I'll take a rookie and let's build the meanest nastiest defense in the league with the money that Kurt wants

Agreed. The OL and WR corps is very young, so let's start from the beginning with a QB and build chemistry that way. 

Get the best QB and RB possible in the first two rounds next year, trust Callahan to get the line straightened out and spend FA money on the defense with Manusky there to bring it together. 

Oh, and fire Jay. Find someone seasoned that will earn the respect of a young core group and get them prepared each week. Jay is not that guy. 

9 minutes ago, carex said:

Wentz only made one significant mistake and in the second half his avoiding pressure and finding Ertz shredded us

So I imagined all the passes of his our defensive backs got two hands on and couldn't come down with?  He didn't over throw a backwards pass?  He threw at defended receivers all game.  Even the pick six that was tipped was intended for a well defended receiver.  

Lots of issues today,including Kirks play. Poor offensive line play, both run and pass bIocking were not good.Do not understand why they keep Lavou and Moses was terrible today. Pryor didn't help with his dropsies. Could not understand why they did not call screens with all the pressure that Cousins was under. They did it at the end with Thompson when the game was out of reach.Where was Josh D. today? Lots of problems today,Kirk was just one of many. I am all for re-signing him just not at over 25 million per. I did see several positive things on defense,not perfect but should be much improved over last year .

He was terrible. His best plays were taking off running.

Doesn't do the simple things well, he does the conservative things well.

He's not the guy that's going to take a franchise on his back like others. He's going backwards at a rate of knots and lots of yards don't mask inefficiencies.

He's atrocious in the red zone. He overthrows a lot - long ball is not accurate enough.

Nice guy and all the rest but like a lot of qbs he's not worth the money. Should have traded at some point if we weren't signing him to a LTD.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

What if he's at his best for 6 games, plays like he did today for 5 games, is in between those two for 3 games, and misses one game due to the flu?...What then? What then!!!

Then we give him an offer that's fair and he takes it or leaves. But Cali... early heads on this. I don't know what's going to happen but I know this for sure. Whatever we do is going to end up being wrong.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

So I imagined all the passes of his our defensive backs got two hands on and couldn't come down with?  He didn't over throw a backwards pass?  He threw at defended receivers all game.  Even the pick six that was tipped was intended for a well defended receiver.  

risky plays are not the same as mistakes

Kirk had a bad game. He had a bad game in the first one last year, too. And it wasnt just him who had a bad game. So did the O line, Robert Kelley, Pryor. Its unacceptable. How dare they? 

I got to do the math but I am pretty sure they are mathametically eliminated from the playoffs.  At this point, i think these guys should be let go. Time to start the rebuild and think 2018 season. :)

I adhere to Scot's opinion on Cousins. Don't mortgage the future for one player, especially one who hasn't proven - and is unlikely to prove here - that he is franchise-worthy. Too inconsistent.

Goff looked awful all year when he did play last season. He was precise today, and executed the Rams offense efficiently. The kid looked good. Kudos to Boy Wonder for week 1.

Archived