Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Right, but 2015 is two years ago now. The question is, what do we pay him now? Another franchise tag? The top QB money he expects? Roll the dice and let him walk?

For today, he played in a way that makes rolling the dice a bit more palatable. If he plays on the same track as last season, I don't see it changing.

It's not going to matter either way. Do you see Bruce Allen, Snyders puppet, putting together a SB winning team? We could have a 30 year old Tom Brady and go 10-6 or 9-7 every year.

23 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I'd be curious to see your definition of 'average', 'cause the numbers I'm looking at (yds, qbr, ypa, etc) all seem to show he performed well above average last year.  

TD% is the one stat I see him ranked exactly average - 16th.   

After today he's on pace for 3900 yards. Sounds pretty good doesn't it? Sure it's not 4,800 yards but not too shabby.

yard stats are overrated.

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

It's not going to matter either way. Do you see Bruce Allen, Snyders puppet, putting together a SB winning team? We could have a 30 year old Tom Brady and go 10-6 or 9-7 every year.

So pay him top QB money because we're going to be bad anyway?

Really disappointed in the Play calling. Eagles were picking spots at the edge with quick outs..We were bombs away at first. Pryer can't track the long ball and doesn't have quick cuts on routes...just runs to a spot. SLOPPY PLAY ST and Offense...just sorry. Didn't SEE again the enthusiasm...

WAY too many high throws..one for INT in red zone...piss poor bad

AND they should have traded Kirk and got those picks....should have traded Kirk and got those picks...should have traded Kirk and got those picks

Wasted season...

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

This thread is hilarious.  DJax and Garçon made him look good?  Guess that Garcon magic doesn't work in San Fran.  

Pressure beats QBs.  That simple.  Eagles got to our QB too often and too quickly, and the result was that he had an awful game.  No need to over think it. 

That doesn't 'splain his miscues and off-target throws, though. It's not like every inaccurate pass was thrown with a defender in his face.

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

This thread is hilarious.  DJax and Garçon made him look good?  Guess that Garcon magic doesn't work in San Fran.  

Pressure beats QBs.  That simple.  Eagles got to our QB too often and too quickly, and the result was that he had an awful game.  No need to over think it. 

We got to Wentz quite a bit ourselves.

The difference is  he felt pressure/avoided sacks and made plays.

In other words he elevated the level of the players around him.

So yes, DJax and Garcon (imo) made Cousins look better than he actually was.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

So pay him top QB money because we're going to be bad anyway?

They already blew their chance to do that so they'll have to pay him 30 a year next year which I definitely wouldn't do for a qb that could have been had long term for 15-20 2 years ago.

My biggest problem with Cousins is that I've given all I got trying to like this guy's game. This is the third season in a row that he starts the season playing like trash. Every year I keep finding excuses for him: bad o/line, bad playcalling, bad red zone gameplans, no running game, no tall red zone WRs... 

The thing is, if you are an Elite QB, which he obviously thinks he is, based on what he wante to be paid, then you find ways to win even tho not everything around you is perfect.

He is the starting QB of this team for the third year in a row, plus significant starting time he had in 2014. He has ONE, I repeat ONE win against a team that seemed better than the Redskins at the time of that game. ONE game. 

Three straight season he plays like ass in week one.

Played like ass in his only playoff start.

Lost a game against Giants second stringers in a game for the playoffs.

I'm sorry and I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't have any more faith in him.

Just now, Califan007 said:

That doesn't 'splain his miscues and off-target throws, though. It's not like every inaccurate pass was thrown with a defender in his face.

Doesn't explain his on target throws either.  Does explain two fumbles and bad throws off the back foot though.  Once they can't step into throws few QBs look good.  Rogers and Wilson are TV looking spectacularly mediocre because of pressure and they're the best at throwing on the run.  Pressure beats QBs.  

8 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

They already blew their chance to do that so they'll have to pay him 30 a year next year which I definitely wouldn't do for a qb that could have been had long term for 15-20 2 years ago.

I wouldn't do that for any quarterback, period.

No other team was gonna do that, either...and especially not right now. Cousins will have to elevate his game mightily for that to happen.

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Doesn't explain his on target throws either.  Does explain two fumbles and bad throws off the back foot though.  Once they can't step into throws few QBs look good.  Rogers and Wilson are TV looking spectacularly mediocre because of pressure and they're the best at throwing on the run.  Pressure beats QBs.  

Tom Brady vs the Giants in 2 Super Bowls.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Cousins could step into his red zone INT, though...he just didn't. Seemed like he thought he could get the ball there on arm strength alone, or like he was thinking if he didn't hit it right then and there he would blow a chance at a TD.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I wouldn't do that for any quarterback, period.

No other team was gonna do that, either...and especially not right now. Cousins will have to elevate his game mightily for that to happen.

That's why it was important for them to sign him for cheap while they could, which they could have, even after 2015 they could have. Now unless he's Aaron Rodgers he's not going to be worth what he's going to get from somebody.

sigh... here we go again with the Kirk stuff. Some of you should never make fun of Snyder again. Ever! Cause if some of you ran the team we'd have a new coach and QB every damn year...lol.. Kirk is only as good as the guys around him. He's never going to be a playmaker, although he did get out and make some crucial first downs with his legs. The int is unacceptable and is this a pattern? Kirk throwing bad passes when it matters most? I think that's fair. But he is a good, not great QB and we've seen that for two years now. When Matt Ryan was having some so so years did Atlanta want to get rid of him?? I sort of look at Kirk the same way. He's going to struggle if his line is bad and he has zero running game. If he has those two things he's more than capable.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

We got to Wentz quite a bit ourselves.

The difference is  he felt pressure/avoided sacks and made plays.

In other words he elevated the level of the players around him.

So yes, DJax and Garcon (imo) made Cousins look better than he actually was.

The pressure Wentz played through wasn't comparable.  We got too him a handful of times but he had more plays where he had all day and acres of space.  Plus he's a running QB.  Letting him escape the pocket and run around helps him.  That's not Kirk Cousins game.  He needs a pocket, and he very rarely had one.

And no, Garçon and a DJax didn't make him look good.  That's ridiculous.  Just no.  

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The bigger question is do you really want him at 15-20 million? I mean we all want to win another Super Bowl. Thats all its about for me anyways. And Cousins isnt going to give you that.

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

They waited until after the "You like that" game and Cousins already thought that his farts smelled like roses, lol.

If they had signed him before that to anything more than a ham sandwich they would have looked stupid, they guy flat out sucked before that game. Everyone was calling for Colt, but then you are right in that Cousins though his **** smelled like sugar, but let's face it we won the east by default 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Cousins could step into his red zone INT, though...he just didn't. Seemed like he thought he could get the ball there on arm strength alone, or like he was thinking if he didn't hit it right then and there he would blow a chance at a TD.

Why didn't he?  What could possibly have lead him to think he couldn't?  I'm thinking.. and I'm just guessing here.. that it might have been recent experience with his blocking.  Which is why consistent pressure beats QBs.  Once they get skittish, it's over.  It happens and we've seen it happen to Kirk and many other QBs before.  

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

No worries, Cousins has no intension of signing a long term contract with the skins. He will sign with the Rams or 49ers next year, its obvious he's been

done with this team since the end of last season if not longer. I say good luck to him its been long over due.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The bigger question is do you really want him at 15-20 million? I mean we all want to win another Super Bowl. Thats all its about for me anyways. And Cousins isnt going to give you that.

They traded 3 firsts and a 2nd for a QB that didn't even have a playbook in college but gambling on a guy they could just cut after a year and only owe money to for 1 additional season is out of the question? But the thing is, if they had signed him to that contract he'd have lived up to it so far. If we didn't have the worst defense in the league the past 2 seasons we'd have challenged for the NFC at least, even with a slightly better than average QB.

Cousins was Poo today. Actually, he wasn't. He wasn't even Piglet. He was off target way too often. His long ball looked horrible and his medium ball wasn't much better.  He was high and outside all day. Some of it may be the receivers, but you can't blame receivers too much on a fly pattern.

He was just ugly. Really, he looked the same the whole preseason. I do think he is better than this, but we'd have been better off with Tony Banks today.

Archived