Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I remember differently but I admit it may have just been a couple of super vocal unapologetic supporters.

i don't think we're going to see a change on either side. My opinion has changed but more sideways. 

I haven't really acknowledged it but the loss of Mcvay has really hurt. It shows how the Rams really spread the ball around to basically everyone. That used to be our staple but this year the offense becomes very fixated on one or two guys. I don't know if it's gameplan, Kirk lack of trust, Kirk limited read ability, lack of receiver separation or just lack of time due to OL injury.

Ehhh, I think McVay is given too much credit. Yes there are struggles offensively but I don't think it has much to do with McVay not being here - new personnel, an offensive line that is makeshift and lack of trust/familiarity between QB and WRs. Plus, this team has GREATLY improved in the most important area and that is the redzone. They are actually inching towards being in the top 10 in the league which is a far cry from how atrocious they were last year.

To be fair to Kirk he's taking a bit of a hammering out there at the minute. On course for a 40+ sack season at this rate. 

On balance I think it's a bit harsh in being too judgemental right now. Guys are suiting up on game day who aren't fit to go we have what, 6 starters on offense out, plus a right tackle on two sprained ankles...

Appreciate excuses don't wash really, but that side of the roster is a damn mess right now.

QBs frequently get praised on here, especially in the Kirk threads, for coming up big in the clutch. They'll even get a bad game forgiven if they delivered in the end and led the team to a win. Yet for too many that consideration isn't extended to Kirk. Instead Kirk has to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TDs every game, no matter what the injuries to the rest of the team. The man was down 4 starting OL and his 2 top pass catchers, and he delivered the win in the end, IN Seattle. Beating them used to be huge, we all hated them. What happened? 

Maybe stop nitpicking, understand no QB, not even Brady, is perfect, and enjoy a hard-fought W.

45 minutes ago, armstrong001 said:

The Saints not making the playoffs is not a product of either Brees not being good enough to justify his contract, or a result of not having any money left over to pay the defense.  The Saints have been bad because they chose defensive talent poorly.  As an example, look at the Saints now.  A good defense (two really good hits this year in the draft certainly helped) and Brees still killing it (contract an all) and all the sudden a mediocre team is a playoff contender.

Rookie contracts are cheap, if those players don't work you can use FA to fill in the gaps, of course, you need cap space which the Saints don't have.

If you sign a huge contract like the Saints did with Brees then you better make sure you draft well or you're done, there is no way to dig out.

31 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

QBs frequently get praised on here, especially in the Kirk threads, for coming up big in the clutch. They'll even get a bad game forgiven if they delivered in the end and led the team to a win. Yet for too many that consideration isn't extended to Kirk. Instead Kirk has to throw for 300+ yards and 3+ TDs every game, no matter what the injuries to the rest of the team. The man was down 4 starting OL and his 2 top pass catchers, and he delivered the win in the end, IN Seattle. Beating them used to be huge, we all hated them. What happened? 

Maybe stop nitpicking, understand no QB, not even Brady, is perfect, and enjoy a hard-fought W.

I just read the best part of this from @HapHaszard in the twitter thread.

But Brady, Rodgers and Roethlisberger all have yet to beat Seattle in Seattle in fact. Cousins needed 34 seconds to do it.

3 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

Rookie contracts are cheap, if those players don't work you can use FA to fill in the gaps, of course, you need cap space which the Saints don't have.

If you sign a huge contract like the Saints did with Brees then you better make sure you draft well or you're done, there is no way to dig out.

I remember the whole Brees fiasco from a few year back when they were really screwed capwise which I believe was the main reason Graham was traded. That along with the fact the defense wasn't that young when they won killed them.

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd prefer not to spend FA money on a RB.  I'm in agreement with you that we need one desperately but that's a position I'd much prefer to draft.  I don't think we need to spend a ton on a decent WR to complement Doctson.  I'd be happy with just above a JAG, that can run routes and catch balls in the middle of the field on 3rd down and not worry about getting hit.

I mentioned this before but RB is where I would spend the money but obviously depending on the talent. I also mentioned the idea of going after Tevin Coleman in atl. There is no way that ATL can give him major bucks especially after dishing out that giant contract to Freeman. Coleman looks the part and the fact he was in such a time share with Freeman means his legs don't have as much mileage.

Good quote from Veryoldschools article.

“I had a former coach who said to me as I was kind of coming up in the league, he would say, ‘Kirk, people who know, know,’” said Cousins, who is still seeking his first playoff win. “What he meant by that was, if you understand quarterbacking, understand what it takes to play quarterback in this league, it really isn’t a debate about can you play, can you make the fourth-quarter plays, can you make the throws, can you bring us back, are you the guy. People who know, know. It’s the people who don’t know, and don’t get it, that I think have those conversations and have those debates. I’m not going to kind of waste my time or my energy worrying about people who don’t know football and what they’re saying. I do believe that people who know, know, and if a fourth-quarter drive like that to win the game helps some people who don’t get football to be able to come around, then so be it, but those aren’t the people I’m trying to win over at the end of the day.”

It's too bad that our teams front office are among those who don't know.

Forget whether they know or don’t. It’s too bad they didn’t sign him when he would have been much cheaper. That was an incredible blunder that opened the door for this thread and all sorts of stupid catchphrases and gimmicks being posted left and right. 

Signed,

A SometimesKirkifTheMoneyisRightandtheMoonisAlignedonaSundayinNovemberwithNOwindchill

Did I do that right? :ols:

Well hell. Let's take the opportunity to kill this version of our long running ever-evolving (i wonder who the qb featured in it 10 years from now will be) therapy-thread and let the new one ride. Little change-up to refresh and begin anew with open minds and critical thinking (yeah, right). 

I know if we just go cold turkey half of you will die from withdrawals. :ols:

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived