Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Common Kirk....I just don't know....

Riggo'sRangers

2 hours ago, Destino said:

As long as the defensive backs don't come down with them, sure.  We going to pretend that if two of those passes get picked it doesn't change everything?  He gambled often and we just didn't make the play.  Wentz wasn't great.

Dude, no one gives a **** about Carson Wentz.

he was average today. Cool 

Kirk was ****ing terrible. That's what the issue and thread is about

50 minutes ago, I Love The Skins said:

Kirk has all the skills to be an elite QB except for some reason he seems to make some of the worst decisions in the Redzone or in crunch time. It is truly Rex Grossman and Tony Romo like.

All of his measurables and skills are all painfully average or below average 

confused as to why you think otherwise 

Watched his post-game presser, and he didn't seem down or upset about the game, but at the same time he didn't seem interested; it was the same ol same ol yea we could have played better, I could have made better throws, yada yada yada.

WHY DIDN'T HE THEN??!!

We all know Gruden can't handle play calling AND HCing, a HC has to be mentally into the game, not looking at tendency charts on downs and yardage. Yes, it wasn't Gruden over-throwing the guys and turning the ball over, but its Gruden's MAIN job to settle the QB down, to alter the game plan to make the QB more comfortable and work on the weak spots of a defense.

I'm not thrilled in the least bit by Cousins' performance; I DO know he is not worth near the highest paid QB in the league, and all that talk about wanting to set the standard for QB pay for other QBs, well, he needs to play like the other QBs who know how to win, who have ice water in their veins. so this being the highest paid QB in the league next year shouldn't even come up, and if his agent is stubborn, then let him go.

Luck has ruined the Colts; he's a good QB but playing with absolutely street talent, because the Colts over-paid for him and don't have money to attract help. 

But this is a much bigger issue than Cousins alone; this goes deep into the organization and coaching. And to think, next week we go up against a former OC and a DC we should have gotten years ago. This is a direct result of absolute poor front office management.  It will not be pretty.

My thing with Kirk is, does he ever read coverages and make a play?  Or recognize something in the defense and make adjustments?  I see other QB's around the league do it all the time.  I never see it with Kirk.

Or how about quick snapping and catching the defense on the filed with twelve men during substitutions to get a free play?  It's like his awareness is bad.

1 hour ago, I Love The Skins said:

Kirk has all the skills to be an elite QB except for some reason he seems to make some of the worst decisions in the Redzone or in crunch time. It is truly Rex Grossman and Tony Romo like.

I think if that's one of your flaws (bad redzone and crunch time decision making), then by definition you can never really be one of the "elite" QBs...

22 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Watched his post-game presser, and he didn't seem down or upset about the game, but at the same time he didn't seem interested; it was the same ol same ol yea we could have played better, I could have made better throws, yada yada yada.

WHY DIDN'T HE THEN??!!

We all know Gruden can't handle play calling AND HCing, a HC has to be mentally into the game, not looking at tendency charts on downs and yardage. Yes, it wasn't Gruden over-throwing the guys and turning the ball over, but its Gruden's MAIN job to settle the QB down, to alter the game plan to make the QB more comfortable and work on the weak spots of a defense.

I'm not thrilled in the least bit by Cousins' performance; I DO know he is not worth near the highest paid QB in the league, and all that talk about wanting to set the standard for QB pay for other QBs, well, he needs to play like the other QBs who know how to win, who have ice water in their veins. so this being the highest paid QB in the league next year shouldn't even come up, and if his agent is stubborn, then let him go.

Luck has ruined the Colts; he's a good QB but playing with absolutely street talent, because the Colts over-paid for him and don't have money to attract help. 

But this is a much bigger issue than Cousins alone; this goes deep into the organization and coaching. And to think, next week we go up against a former OC and a DC we should have gotten years ago. This is a direct result of absolute poor front office management.  It will not be pretty.

While I agree overpaying for Cousins will prohibit the Skins from surrounding him with enough players to do the job, I respectfully disagree that the HC who has made a lot of excuses for him and the owner who is as silent as a Mime these days has anything to do with his cluelessness in the RZ.

And the nonchalant attitude he has in his pressers piss me off. Do you job man, and when you don't own it.

And here we go again with the typical fan meltdown where people want to start over rather than build on what we have. Kirk is the same quarterback he has been. We changed quite a bit in the off-season. He will adjust and get comfortable with his receivers. We will compete for playoff spot but not he superbowl contenders this year. Kirk is an above average quarterback but will never be a game changer and that's ok. That's good enough to win. He needs to keep growing in the same system with the same coaches and we need to continue to build around him. Stop worrying about what he costs. It's not linked to his talent. It's linked to the position. The second we start changing quarterbacks and coaches again is when we go back to perennial basement dwellers. I personally want to keep moving forward rather than starting over. Build the line more next year. Get a game changing running back (look how well that's looking so far in KC with basically a clone of our quarterback). Add to the defense. If you can do those things, we can start to actually build a legit contender. 

2 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

And here we go again with the typical fan meltdown where people want to start over rather than build on what we have. Kirk is the same quarterback he has been. We changed quite a bit in the off-season. He will adjust and get comfortable with his receivers. We will compete for playoff spot but not he superbowl contenders this year. Kirk is an above average quarterback but will never be a game changer and that's ok. That's good enough to win. He needs to keep growing in the same system with the same coaches and we need to continue to build around him. Stop worrying about what he costs. It's not linked to his talent. It's linked to the position. The second we start changing quarterbacks and coaches again is when we go back to perennial basement dwellers. I personally want to keep moving forward rather than starting over. Build the line more next year. Get a game changing running back (look how well that's looking so far in KC with basically a clone of our quarterback). Add to the defense. If you can do those things, we can start to actually build a legit contender. 

And how in the blue hell is that a QB worth $125 million? Sorry I don't want to have another Haynesworth overpay. 

1 minute ago, TheCoach22 said:

While I agree overpaying for Cousins will prohibit the Skins from surrounding him with enough players to do the job, I respectfully disagree that the HC who has made a lot of excuses for him and the owner who is as silent as a mite these days has anything to do with his cluelessness in the RZ.

And the nonchalant attitude he has in his pressers piss me off. Do you job man, and when you don't own it.

I hear ya, but for years we jumped all over Dan and ****ed about him involving himself in day-to-day stuff with the team, then he did step away and let others handle it. Now, the choices he made to handle this sucks; Bruce Allen was hired for nostalgic purposes, meaning him and Gruden go way back. If Allen was canned this year, I wouldn't care if they went 2-14 this year, it would be the greatest news for me.

But Gruden cannot continue to make excuses for Cousins; KC needs to step up to the mic and say 'I sucked today, its my fault", and do it with some emotion, like the loss really got under your skin and makes you want to be better, not the robotic 'we could have played better, I could have played better, I wish I had this or that pass back' BS that he is spewing every week.

Talk is cheap, Cousins' contract price isn't.

6 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

Honest question: How much more growing do you expect out of a 6th year QB in the same system going on 4 years?

this was probably kirks worst game since the infamous monday night giants game where he literally turned the ball over 5 times.  he was sailing passes over everyones head, not stepping into his throws (o line wasnt helping there), his pick in the end zone was backbreaking, and both fumbles although caused by the oline, hes gotta hold those or just bail to the ground.  

i still think he deserves a long term deal as QBs are all overpaid, and we literally have no other options. if we bail on kirk and start over, we are literally starting from scratch again and potentially getting a new HC.  id like to try and build on this if we can.  our defense looked actually legit today, getting real pressure, some stops when we needed them, stopped the run, it was refreshing.  i think kirk will get it together, but today was pretty terrible.

Just now, alwaysaskin said:

And how in the blue hell is that a QB worth $125 million? Sorry I don't want to have another Haynesworth overpay. 

Get over what you personally think a quarterback is worth. That's what quarterbacks cost. Don't want to pay what they cost? You either pray you get lucky or end up like the browns, bills, and jets. We know how that worked out for us for the last 20 years. Everyone complaining about what the ravens paid Flacco yet they are competitive year in and year out. Wouldn't that be nice for once?

6 minutes ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

I'm not worried, I just don't think he's worth what he wants. Its not like he played great and the other 52 players stunk up the joint. At one point he was 10-22, until he started the 2 yd passes to boost his confidence.

1 minute ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

Get over what you personally think a quarterback is worth. That's what quarterbacks cost. Don't want to pay what they cost? You either pray you get lucky or end up like the browns, bills, and jets. We know how that worked out for us for the last 20 years. Everyone complaining about what the ravens paid Flacco yet they are competitive year in and year out. Wouldn't that be nice for once?

its because our fan base has no idea what a QB contract looks like (we havent signed one to a real deal since like 1991 lol).  QBs are all overpaid.  anyone who thinks matt stafford is worth like 28 a year is kidding themselves, dudes resume is slightly better than cousins and hes had better defenses for awhile.  

QBs cost a fortune in the NFL, just is what it is.

the good news is that kyle probably wont make it past week 12 with how awful that san fran team is gonna be.  and him pouting on the sidelines and cursing at refs is gonna get old real fast haha.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honest question: How much more growing do you expect out of a 6th year QB in the same system going on 4 years?

Every year in the same system with the same personnel will cause anyone to grow. It will help Kirk, the receivers, the line, everyone. Consistency at key positions is what makes teams competitive. Overactive and blowing things up makes you a constant joke. 

1 minute ago, skins island connection said:

I'm not worried, I just don't think he's worth what he wants. Its not like he played great and the other 52 players stunk up the joint. At one point he was 10-22, until he started the 2 yd passes to boost his confidence.

our offense is about the short pass game.  why gruden insisted on us doing 5-7 step drops and bombing it to pryor for the first two series is beyond me.  kirk lives on the short stuff and YAC, which is fine, considering plenty of great QBs live on that too (brees, brady, rodgers).

Just now, LaxBuddy21 said:

So Cousins is better than some other QB's that we've had in the Snyder era, that's like saying I have syphilis the best of all the STD's. Cousins is not elite he should not be the highest paid player in the league. Oh and 2-11 against winning teams, maybe we can play the Browns or Bears 16 times. If I pay franchise QB money that better go to a franchise QB not a guy who puts up a bunch of yards but can't put the ball in the end zone, or a guy that when the lights are brightest and the stage biggest ****s the bed. Cousins is a good back up and a system QB who could start for a great team, but he is not a franchise QB

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

We aren't resigning him; so it's a moot point. 

Kirk isn't a franchise QB but someone will give him the $$$$$$$$; it just won't be us. 

Our new coach in 2018 will draft our new savior, with our Top 7 draft pick.

this is so painful to think about.  weve had winning football for two years straight and its been nice.  going back to john beck level football is too much for me to think about lol.

although if we do put together some clunker year of like 6-10, i do agree cousins will not be resigned, and we'll probably clean house again.  and god knows what direction we go in from there.

and i dont trust doug williams or bruce allen to identify the franchise savior in the draft, sorry.

2 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

So Cousins is better than some other QB's that we've had in the Snyder era, that's like saying I have syphilis the best of all the STD's. Cousins is not elite he should not be the highest paid player in the league. Oh and 2-11 against winning teams, maybe we can play the Browns or Bears 16 times. If I pay franchise QB money that better go to a franchise QB not a guy who puts up a bunch of yards but can't put the ball in the end zone, or a guy that when the lights are brightest and the stage biggest ****s the bed. Cousins is a good back up and a system QB who could start for a great team, but he is not a franchise QB

And this, ladies and gentleman, is why we fall to compete with the big boys. The guys in charge have as much understanding of how to build a successful team as many of the fans do. This isn't fantasy football. Look at where the 49ers are now and where the chiefs are. One let a quarterback go because he wasn't a superstar and the other built around him. 

Archived