Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m glad Biden is wearing a mask, but does he have to hang it on his ear when he takes it off to talk?

Yes

It just dawned on me. Besides the vanity aspect of masks, I wonder if Trump won't wear a mask because he can't put on a mask. Hell he can't drink water like a normal person. Imagine him putting a mask on? I also wonder if he could pass a field sobriety test while sober at this point. 

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

We also know that the GOP has become an anti-democratic institution by and large. They favor authoritarianism. 

It still baffles me why of all the dictators to lock their chains to they’d choose Trump. 

Trump is disposable once they get what they want. 

Him and Bush II were both idiots, Reagan was an actor.

The goal is getting rid of democracy, not wanting an actual strong man dictator, that's why it always feels like some kind of grass roots effort in this country.

Reminds me of China, Xi trying to be in their for life, but I don't think Communist Party cares nor really scared of him. If he wanted to change his mind and implement Democracy, hed die of natural causes and replaced with another one.

GOP coulda been pulled the plug on Trump, but they won't because he's easily manipulated via his ego and stacking the courts for them.

It's corruption in the form of a party, one person running it who knows what they doing is dangerous for the folks running the scam.

McConnell is just as much a threat as Trump because he gets it more then any of GOP flunkies hitching in to the ride. That's why he'll never run for President, he doesn't want that target on his back like that, just helping steer the ship from the inside until somebody else takes over for him.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Who actually gets polled? I've never in my life been polled nor know anyone that has been polled. That's why I'm hesitant to buy into these.

Not saying this about you personally, but from my on and off frequenting of the right wing sites (Breitbart, etc) this seems to be one of the ways they discount all polls. "I've never been polled nor do I know anyone who has. This is all made up BS!"

There are almost 330,000,000 people in the United States. The chances of being called for a national poll consisting of somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 people is minuscule in the extreme. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Interesting. So according to that article, Harris leads Warren with the black vote in general by 6 points but Warren leads her in young voters by a whopping 24 points. Joe is going to have a tough choice to make. Go with the minority candidate more popular with black voters, even if only by a little, or go with the white candidate who has a huge lead in the youth vote. Personally I'd go with the youth vote on that. But there will be plenty of pressure for Joe to pick a black woman as his running mate. 

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Interesting. So according to that article, Harris leads Warren with the black vote in general by 6 points but Warren leads her in young voters by a whopping 24 points. Joe is going to have a tough choice to make. Go with the minority candidate more popular with black voters, even if only by a little, or go with the white candidate who has a huge lead in the youth vote. Personally I'd go with the youth vote on that. But there will be plenty of pressure for Joe to pick a black woman as his running mate. 

Should be pointed out that that is the first poll that has shown Harris ahead among black voters. Whether it's an outlier or a result of the protests I wouldn't venture to guess. It would be interesting to see some polls that just poll for the two of them head to head. Since Abrams is apparently not in the running anymore, no reason to be polling about her at this point. 

Trump asked China president to help him win 2020 election, new Bolton book claims

Donald Trump "pleaded" with Chinese President Xi Jinping to help him win reelection in 2020 by purchasing more US farming products, Mr Trump's former national security advisor John Bolton claims in his new book set to be released next week.

At a one-on-one meeting at a multilateral summit in Japan in the summer of 2019, Mr Xi expressed his dissatisfaction with some critics of China within the US.

Mr Trump mistakenly assumed Mr Xi was talking about Democratic lawmakers, Mr Bolton writes in his new book, the Washington Post has reported, and sympathised with Mr Xi's frustration.

“Trump immediately assumed Xi meant the Democrats. Trump said approvingly that there was great hostility among the Democrats," Mr Bolton writes.

“He then, stunningly, turned the conversation to the coming U.S. presidential election, alluding to China’s economic capability to affect the ongoing campaigns, pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win,” Mr Bolton writes.

Click on the link for the full article

On 4/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, DiscoBob said:

Anyways, as I look forward to the coming presidential election, my new most important issue is which candidate is going to more effectively rally the world to slam China for their handling of this mess.  I'm generally a conservative voter, but didn't vote for Trump or Hillary in the last election.  However, given this situation, I find myself embracing Trumps brash attack dog personality in the hopes that he is able to turn that against China in the next couple of months.

My guy, how are you feeling with these new revelations. Slamming China publicly doesn't matter if he's in private slurping up Xi.

EavGa0GWkAUKqUO?format=png&name=900x900

EavIcj7WAAE2ZIy?format=png&name=900x900

EavJHgjWkAM8wPt?format=png&name=900x900

14 hours ago, hail2skins said:

No, shouldve said if gets more than the 280 EV that Bush got in 2004. I think the vote will be similar to that election, in Trump's favor.

Gonna have a hell of a time pulling this off without Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. He barely won those last time against a despised opponent. Not sure what his path to the rust belt is in 2020 with sky high unemployment and a super middle of the road, uncontroversial opponent.

Archived