Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That Lindsay Graham ad is amazing. It should eviscerate Trump but who knows, can't expect Trumpers to act within the realm of logic and reason...

Run it in SC. Maybe it'll hurt his own campaign with Confederates and other statue lovers..... Pigeons or whatever 

So has anyone found out for certain yet if it is illegal for him to choose Obama as VP?  Not that I think he would, but I am just curiosity about the legality of it.  From what I have gathered myself, the gray area is that Obama would not be allowed to be "elected" as President after his two terms but would him taking over for Biden get around the "elected" part?

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

So has anyone found out for certain yet if it is illegal for him to choose Obama as VP?  Not that I think he would, but I am just curiosity about the legality of it.  From what I have gathered myself, the gray area is that Obama would not be allowed to be "elected" as President after his two terms but would him taking over for Biden get around the "elected" part?

Unfortunately Obama is ineligible since he would not be able to serve if anything happened to Joe.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

JHC, +10 in Florida?  That sounds too good to be true.

Some of these tailgate threads are starting to feel like good news threads all the sudden.

Polls are meaningless right now.   Biden alleged big lead only serves one purpose right now; driving Trump crazy.  If it continues to drive Trump crazy; he will even do more bizarre **** that hopefully will turn off more voters.   If that happens, then maybe those alleged polls can become fact; when we start voting in October with Early voting/mail-in voting and on election day. 

If Biden goes into the fall campaign thinking he has the election wrapped up, because polls should him with a big lead; then he will end up losing.   I've been saying this and Biden and everyone must have this attitude: You campaign like your 10 points downs, not 10 points up. Do that and maybe Biden can win at least by 5 points. Things are going to tighten.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

JHC, +10 in Florida?  That sounds too good to be true.

Some of these tailgate threads are starting to feel like good news threads all the sudden.

It is what it is. At some point, you can't discount what are trends visible in multiple polls from different groups.

I'm not sure why people are surprised. The economy is depressed, there is mass social unrest and a pandemic is ongoing. This is about as bad as it can get in a developed nation. People aren't going to be lining up to vote for the incumbent, when he barely coasted to victory last time and never received a broad public mandate for his vile agenda. And his party in power suffered historic defeats in the midterm and the national situation has only gotten worse since then.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Polls are meaningless right now.   

You campaign like your 10 points downs, not 10 points up. 

There's no reason in the world Biden can't chew gum and walk at the same time on this one.

I said this again in regards to VP debate, don't make a decision based not wanting to lose a close race when this is looking like a biblical level ass kicking in the making.

Pick the best person and let the chips fall where they may, Hillary did win the popular vote and lost some states by 30k.  Individual state polling for battleground states should not be ignored, they should be verified best as can be to properly allocate resources.

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It is what it is. At some point, you can't discount what are trends visible in multiple polls from different groups.

I'm not sure why people are surprised. The economy is depressed, there is mass social unrest and a pandemic is ongoing. This is about as bad as it can get in a developed nation. People aren't going to be lining up to vote for the incumbent, when he barely coasted to victory last time and never received a broad public mandate for his vile agenda. And his party in power suffered historic defeats in the midterm and the national situation has only gotten worse since then.

Surprising is not the word that comes to mind.

There's a resistance to buying into where this is going because of a similar idea there was no way Trump could win the first place.

Now, how that wasn't necessarily true has been debated ad nauseum, so no need to beat a dead horse on that one.

A couple pages ago I was told to leave states like Georgia and South Carolina, all you just posted is another indication of what I saw coming.

We still have to vote like the polling says we will to make it happen, and we still have to help states like Georgia make sure they don't have folks standing in line for 10 hours, because that's what Georgia will try to do looking at polling like this.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

There's no reason in the world Biden can't chew gum and walk at the same time on this one.

I said this again in regards to VP debate, don't make a decision based not wanting to lose a close race when this is looking like a biblical level ass kicking in the making.

Pick the best person and let the chips fall where they may, Hillary did win the popular vote and lost some states by 30k.  Individual state polling for battleground states should not be ignored, they should be verified best as can be to properly allocate resources.

If there really is landslide brewing, it will happen.  Thing is, you don't assume it's happening because then you will make decisions that will end up costing you.  See Hillary in 2016.  She assumed she was going to win and ignored trouble signs in the Midwest; which is what cost her the election.

Joe already assumes Trump will try to steal the election; so that's a good start. 

I want Joe in every swing state.  If he has to campaign in a hazmat suit; then so be it.  Maybe he can have drive-in rallys.  Joe has to get out there in some way; especially if Trump is campaigning everywhere.

He's going to have fight to win this.  If he does; then just maybe we get that landslide.  A landslide win would repudiate Trumpism and the GOP.

If Biden barely wins; all it does is remove Trump but doesn't remove the toxic GOP.

8 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If there really is landslide brewing, it will happen.  Thing is, you don't assume it's happening because then you will make decisions that will end up costing you.  See Hillary in 2016.  She assumed she was going to win and ignored trouble signs in the Midwest; which is what cost her the election.

Joe already assumes Trump will try to steal the election; so that's a good start. 

I want Joe in every swing state.  If he has to campaign in a hazmat suit; then so be it.  Maybe he can have drive-in rallys.  Joe has to get out there in some way; especially if Trump is campaigning everywhere.

He's going to have fight to win this.  If he does; then just maybe we get that landslide.  A landslide win would repudiate Trumpism and the GOP.

If Biden barely wins; all it does is remove Trump but doesn't remove the toxic GOP.

Your presenting a false choice like that's not what he's going to do and I would agree with that.

I don't agree with assuming this will be close and making scared decisions, like who he picks for VP.  There are states that aren't traditional battleground states that directly attacking can help ensure he gets the senate.

Don't play safe and try to hold on to the Midwest for dear life, go for the jugular to force GOP to limit resources they can put in traditional battleground states they need because they can't afford to lose Texas.

Keep swinging and keep them on their heels until they fall out the back of the ring. There's a way to do that without leaving back door open in Midwest like Hillary did.

12 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Thing is, you don't assume it's happening because then you will make decisions that will end up costing you.  See Hillary in 2016.  She assumed she was going to win and ignored trouble signs in the Midwest; which is what cost her the election.

The conclusion that Hillary’s campaign may have reached, that she had a safe enough polling margin to ignore states wasn’t really based on any kind of solid data. At this time, when Biden’s national average is close to +10, Hillary was hovering at +2. Prior the election, polls had her exactly where she wound up nationally.

I agree with the premise that you should campaign regardless of what the polling data tells you and assume the worst. The problem with Hillary was that she surrounded herself with idiots, which isn’t surprising. The Clinton’s have time and time again have found themselves in the company of the worst type of Beltway vultures in existence. 

19 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The conclusion that Hillary’s campaign may have reached, that she had a safe enough polling margin to ignore states wasn’t really based on any kind of solid data. At this time, when Biden’s national average is close to +10, Hillary was hovering at +2. Prior the election, polls had her exactly where she wound up nationally.

I agree with the premise that you should campaign regardless of what the polling data tells you and assume the worst. The problem with Hillary was that she surrounded herself with idiots, which isn’t surprising. The Clinton’s have time and time again have found themselves in the company of the worst type of Beltway vultures in existence. 

100% agree. You play like you're behind.

Now, HOW you play is a different story. If Trump continues to say/do things that hurt him. Then you let that and the Lincoln Project types be the negative advertising against him. For Biden, you focus on those States you need. You focus on solutions in a calm and intelligent voice. You focus also on the Senate races that Trump is dragging down to build that firewall for this country. 

I wouldn't rush with the VP pick and give your opponent more time to attack them. 

We'll see what happens in Tulsa. If they have a rally and in a week or 2 you have a bunch of sick people. You might hang back a little beyond saying he endangered his own supports for ego.

So I live outside of Tulsa. Oklahoma has been having 200+ new cases of COVID-19 day since last Thursday.  The majority of cases in Tulsa county.  Thats about double the daily numbers in May.

Have they even considered that people who tested positive might go to this rally on purpose?

In other news, the protesters have already acquired 2 of those large baby trump balloons. This is going to be interesting. 

Archived