Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

So, there's an argument to having to put a black woman on the ticket. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's not without merit. 

But the idea that Biden should pick someone black because "he owes them", especially a woman who African American voters showed not a scintilla of interest in when she ran for President, would be the most defeatist, wrong-headed, frankly most Democratic thing ever. 

5 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, there's an argument to having to put a black woman on the ticket. I don't necessarily agree with it, but it's not without merit. 

But the idea that Biden should pick someone black because "he owes them", especially a woman who African American voters showed not a scintilla of interest in when she ran for President, would be the most defeatist, wrong-headed, frankly most Democratic thing ever. 

Been saying this for months, but is what it is now.

Harris checks enough boxes that she won't be a Palin, that would've been my bigger concern with Dems boxing themselves into who "has" to be the VP pick.

"That little girl who ended up being Biden's running mate after all that busing nonsense...that little girl was me."

1064640390_giphy(73).gif.98ce12bb0b2ea8db79d9f37dc0df0480.gif

I mean, lets be real, if this process this year was about picking the best candidate to be President, Biden wouldn't be head of the ticket.

So all things considered, Dems could do a helluva lot worse then putting themselves in a situation that if something happens to him, the next President is a black woman who used to be AG in California. 

I did take Kamela seriously at first, that door is still open for me.  All she has to do is own her mistakes and Biden announce she'll run point on law enforcement overhaul as VP and I'm in.

Don't need any. We all know what would happen. Trump would stumble all over himself. Biden would do pretty good. Not good enough for some whiny ass people.

Repubs would say Trump won and looked great. Poll numbers would slightly reflect this, because people are so goddamned stupid

I'd say lets make sure we do the debates we always do even if we know what's going to happen.

I don't get Trump wanting more, but I hope we don't cancel the one's right before the election.

VP needs their chance to make themselves known and eviscerate Pence on live tv for trying to sound logical in his total failure at his position.

Trump being Trump is its own ad, definitely stick with the hour long live ones that everyone will be watching with would be the traditional debates. If there's anyone left in the dense by then, that should push them over, it's about doing as much down ballot damage as possible at this point ad well, not jus getting rid of Trump.

The more GOP has to defend Trump for, the harder their own races will be.

At the first debate, Joe should walk out, take a sip from a glass of water and then turn to Trump and say "your turn".

Lets see how well Trumps message of Joe being unfit works after he gets exposed during a debate.

Its time to get dirty folks, The party of Trump surely will.

I think this weekend has a lot of potential to be another Charlottesville type situation. Lots of pent up emotions on both sides. 

Writing on Twitter, Trump lumped together "protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes" and said they would not be afforded what he's decried as gentile treatment if they gather outside his Tulsa event. It came the morning after he used a blatantly false video of young children to decry media coverage of American race relations, a move that drew a rebuke from Twitter.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd say lets make sure we do the debates we always do even if we know what's going to happen.

I don't get Trump wanting more, but I hope we don't cancel the one's right before the election.

i agree just do the normal debates

trump wanting more is just a strategic play. If Biden refuses he can talk about how he’s scared. If Biden accepts it’s just one more debate that’ll likely go like the rest. There’s not really a losing option for trump here because...

re: expected debate performance

i don’t share mosts views on what the debate performance will be. Yes, for the informer voter trump will look like a clown but for most informed voters that’s already known. So there’s not much advantage to Biden there. 

what I think they want is trump on stage bullying Biden so that they can rile up the base. And that can be done even if Biden comes across superior to the informer voters. 

but also it gives Biden, a guy known for gaffs, more opportunities to make gaffs (cause debates will make it more likely than random stump speeches or controlled town halls where he could go off script and screw up but it’s not as likely as a debate)

if you can’t win by attacking the substance of ideas then attack the person. That’s their plan cause they don’t have other options. More debates gives them more chances to do it. 

does anyone think someone will determine who to vote for based on debates at this point? Seems more likely the goal is to raise the energy for the base to make sure they show up to vote (while trying to lower the energy for the other side so they don’t show up)

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think this weekend has a lot of potential to be another Charlottesville type situation. Lots of pent up emotions on both sides. 

I mean, after Oklahoma City, you'd think they'd take this more serious than other states. Probably not, tho

Archived