Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, visionary said:

It truly is amazing how consistently bad and counterproductive Trump's decisions are. If I didn't know that he was a buffoonish narcissist with the emotional maturity of a 5 year old i'd honestly think he just doesn't want to win re-election, said "**** it. yolo.", and decided to go out Dr. Strangeglove style. I mean, at this point all that's really missing is him coming out for the rally in blackface while carrying a confederate flag and wearing the American flag as a diaper.

b316b6c63fd28a26b47289f0f260af15.gif

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think it's disingenuous to condemn a Trump rally for the large masses of people while also supporting the BLM protests. Either it will help spread Covid or it won't. I hope it won't.

I think it’s disingenous to compare a civil rights march with a de-facto Nazi rally.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think it's disingenuous to condemn a Trump rally for the large masses of people while also supporting the BLM protests. Either it will help spread Covid or it won't. I hope it won't.

It will, and it's different when people know that and do it anyway and when POTUS knows that and does it anyway. 

Trump is supposed to be leading by example, if a President even tried to convince everyone to stay home while laying out plan to seriously address why folks are protesting and rioting, folks would hear what they have to say.

Saying Floyd would be happy with the V-shaped recovery and intentional scheduling a rally on Juneteenth around the corner from a spot of a massacre on black people is the opposite of that.

DoJ trying to do to whole country what it did to Ferguson should be the headline right now. Another reason folks are still protesting everyday still.

59 minutes ago, Springfield said:

"disingenuous" is an issue, also be alert for lazy brain internally and externally

yes there's some conflict in taking a "rally bad/protest good" stance in a couple virus-related ways, and also no in even more, and significant, ways and the diffs are important on several fronts....virus-wise and otherwise, though each should be a concern virus-wise

some key diffs in virus-risks issues exist, but there's more on the table that really matters too like the 'whys' such risks are taken and more that i won't expand on..just one aspect of the 'more' is value judgments and priorities...don't run into the burning building to save your maga hat or biden coffee cup, but do run in to save your trapped neighbor or your pets (that's just me on the pets thing)

Unfortunately, no.

Trump’s 3-Point Plan to Win in 2020

The polls for Donald Trump are grim. But if voter preference decided U.S. elections, Hillary Clinton would have won the presidency by almost 3 million ballots. Presidential elections can be gamed—and late yesterday night, events came together to reveal how the Trump administration hopes to game 2020.

Attorney General William Barr announced the “resignation” of the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. Geoffrey Berman had prosecuted Trump associates and brought to light much Trump wrongdoing, including important elements of the quid-pro-quo scheme with the Ukrainian state that got Trump impeached in 2019.

That same Friday, BuzzFeed won a freedom-of-information lawsuit to obtain redacted portions of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report. Mueller’s report had concluded: “Beginning in June 2016, former Campaign member Roger Stone forecast to senior Campaign officials that WikiLeaks would release information damaging to candidate Clinton.” But the details supporting that charge were suppressed. Now we have them, and it looks as though Trump personally directed his campaign chair Paul Manafort to keep in touch with Stone for advance details of WikiLeaks.

Finally, also yesterday, The Washington Post reported that fewer than 200 polling places will be open for the Kentucky primary on June 23, rather than the usual 3,700. Kentucky’s vote-by-mail system is breaking down under the weight of requests for advance ballots. The impending chaos will bear especially heavily on Kentucky’s African American voters. Voters in Louisville—a 20 percent black county—will all have to vote at one polling station, the city’s convention center, likely to face crushingly long lines. The primary is not a formality: Kentucky Democrats face a contentious Senate choice. Louisville is the city where police killed Breonna Taylor. Anger about that shooting has propelled the rise of a competitor to Amy McGrath, the candidate favored by national Democrats. If McGrath, who is white, defeats State Representative Charles Booker, who is black, in a primary marred by obstacles to black voting, that could well splinter Kentucky Democrats, demobilize the state’s black vote in November, and assure the easy reelection of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

These three developments suggest the three components of the Trump endgame for 2020:

1) Attack the independence and integrity of the legal system;

2) benefit from foreign help and trust that by the time the help is proved, it will be stale news of scant interest to anybody; and

3) benefit from voting obstacles, particularly those that will impede black voting, and super-particularly those that will wedge apart the Democratic coalition on racial lines. (The Trump administration is not directly to blame for the coming mess in Kentucky—states manage elections—but it clearly relishes such situations.)

Click on the link for the full article

this could go in other threads too but "breaking news" is that 6 members of trump campaign staff working on advance team for event have tested positive for covid 19...don't have any more than that and so whether it's really any kind of meaningful news or not will have to wait

in our current context, i find watching the attendees fascinating, individually and en masse, via tv coverage with the interviews and just all the camera shots while the reporters narrate....the visual assessment of the crowd can be fun (and biased :D) and interesting for sure

i feel like jane goodall back in the day

or maybe uatu

21 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Seeing early images of people filing into the arena for the rally, both masks and teeth appear to be in short supply.

that's some of the type of coverage i was watching too, and i have colorful depictions of members of the crowd in my head but i'm working on regulating my biased/prejudiced visual assessments :D

which, unfortunately, a lot of reality makes more challenging

^^ that's the lady i referred to in an earlier post

also, as suspected, the 6 infected  staffers were found  during the screening for workers that would attend the event...out of many tested...and they're said to be in quarantine

Archived