Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

One reply said Biden should offer 4 debates if Trump releases his taxes for the same amount of years going back as Joe does. 

Not realistic but would play well, IMO. 

The desperate want more debates. A year ago Trump talked about boycotting them. 

Opportunity to **** with Trump. 

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Amy Klobuchar just announced she called Joe Biden to ask that she be withdrawn for consideration as Vice President..

She wasted her breath because she wasn't in consideration.

It's going to be either Warren or Harris.  Does Joe feel the supposed youth support is what he needs that Warren appears to provide?  Or does he need the black support that Harris has a slight lead over Warren provides?

I think Joe needs to go with black person.   #1- the black voters literally saved his dying candidacy. He owes them.  Also,  if the first American black president didn't pick him as his veep; Joe would be nowhere now.   Given the all the recent protests; I think you need to to pick someone of color.  Show a little hope to the black community.

The Dems already did the white woman in 2016 and they failed to win the EC.   Also, I would trust getting the black vote out more than I would relying on the youth vote. 

That's my take. I know many feel that Warren is the best choice to be veep and that's fine. I put her 2nd.  We will find out on August 1; when Joe annouces his lady and POTUS #47.  No, I am not declaring his veep the winner of the 2024 Dem primary or being elected in 2024.  I believe Joe's veep will be the most powerful veep since Dick Cheney. I also firmly believe Joe Biden will not serve his full term and his veep will have to step in.  That's how she will become Potus #47.

In 2016, we saw a faux right wing populist came to power.  Well, he campaigned like a right wing populist but in reality he hasn't governed like one.

2016 also saw the rise of the left wing populist in Bernie Sanders.  At one point this year, it looked Bernie was going to runaway with the Dem nomination.  If the voters of SC rejected Joe; it probably would've happened.

I still think the U.S. will be getting a real populist as president in the near future.  I just think the conditions are ripe for one.  We don't know, the full long term economic impact of the pandemic.  I think regardless of who wins; the next 4 years are going to be rough.  Probably, worse if the idiot gets reelected.

I am not expecting much from Biden.  I think all his presidency will be is to stop the damage Trump did and try to repair it.  He may try for some FDR proposals but I dodn't see him getting much done.  I could see as soon as 2024; a true populist rise to power. 

Archived