Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

AXIOS: Doug Sosnik on Biden's best path to 270 

>>>

Doug Sosnik, who was the White House political director during President Clinton's successful re-election race, writes for Axios that during President Trump’s first term, the country completed a political realignment that began in 1992.

Why it matters: With this realignment, the electoral college map is changing for the first time since 1992. So Trump is running on different terrain than in 2016............<<<

Feels like Don is practically begging Joe is get into the mud with him now. The Hunter stuff went away. The nickname stuff that he loves seems to have less of an impact on the interwebs. Now he's trying to project all his failings and corruptions on the previous Admin thinking somebody like Joe is going to get sucked in.

Whoever realized that none of this stuff was going to move the needle much here in mid-May is making the smart call. Stand back and let him lose it daily over whatever for now. 

One day Trump is going to get an autopsy and a whole new line of talking points are going to get released. 

The only reason you don't see a hand up his ass like a puppet is because he wears Depends. If he didn't you'd see more then one up there.

I will never feel sorry for the guy, just sometimes I wonder if he even knows he's being played or just in denial. GOP has been anti-democracy before Trump got elected, the second he loses they'll claim it was all his idea, but that's not true.

Mitch is too smart to let someone this stupid run him. Why getting Trump out isn't enough, this is two idiot elected GOP presidents in a row now, that's not a coincidence.

There's a good chance the obvious lie about him regularly taking hydroxychloroquine is going to hurt him with seniors, who like to do their own research about drugs and won't be fooled.

(there's also the obvious chance that it'll hurt him with his voters through them getting heart arrhythmia)

35 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

There's a good chance the obvious lie about him regularly taking hydroxychloroquine is going to hurt him with seniors, who like to do their own research about drugs and won't be fooled.

(there's also the obvious chance that it'll hurt him with his voters through them getting heart arrhythmia)

President Tabloid just wants attention and headlines.

As much as I'd like to think we could ignore our President saying completely nonsensical, potentially dangerous, bat**** retarded things.... I think we're just ****ed. God help us if there's 4 more years of this. 

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

GOP has been anti-democracy before Trump got elected, the second he loses they'll claim it was all his idea, but that's not true.

Been saying this for awhile...if this next election winds up being a bloodbath for the Republicans, I'm going to watch to see how quickly Fox News and others turn on him...that Trump wasn't a "real Republican" and the party shouldn't be held responsible down the line for what he did.  Guaranteed those talking points are ready to go just in case.

Just now, Forehead said:

Been saying this for awhile...if this next election winds up being a bloodbath for the Republicans, I'm going to watch to see how quickly Fox News and others turn on him...that Trump wasn't a "real Republican" and the party shouldn't be held responsible down the line for what he did.  Guaranteed those talking points are ready to go just in case.

But will his followers abandon him or Fox News?

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

But will his followers abandon him or Fox News?

I'd bet on Fox News, especially if the McConnell types toe the same line.  Fox loved George W. Bush but even he recently said some "not nice things" about Trump and suddenly he was a RINO.  Trump is a useful idiot, I'd bet on them convincing the masses to discard him once he's no longer useful.

The second Trump is gone, the GOP becomes the Christian, Anti-Abortion party of family values.  (goooooo military)

And in turn, Trump becomes all that too. If it comes up.   (people pretend to believe he's a good Christian now)

27 minutes ago, Forehead said:

President Biden will be as good for Fox News as President Trump.

And Trump will probably be their favorite guest host. 

Republicans are so good at fear mongering.  The Lincoln Project ads are better than any feel goody or typically whiny junk put out by liberal media consultants. Just completely bypass every neural region and go straight to the amygdala. 

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Republicans are so good at fear mongering.  The Lincoln Project ads are better than any feel goody or typically whiny junk put out by liberal media consultants. Just completely bypass every neural region and go straight to the amygdala. 

Fear is simple. It is irrational. And it is easy to use as a unifying force because you can create a singular enemy. An enemy of the state (Democrats).

But appealing to the masses’ rational mind, trying to coalesce people on platforms and policies where people will have indifferent or objectionable perspectives.... thats ineffective and divisive.

36 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

He'll start the TV network he was going to start had he lost in 2016. So the cult will follow.

Although I'm not sure what form it will take (his own TV network, a show on FoxNews, or something else), I do believe that after Trump leaves office he will, unlike all of his predecessors, take on the role of Critic in Chief of the current President until his death.  More than anything, Trump loves attention, and so I can't see a future in which Trump isn't constantly throwing rocks.  As you said, the cult will follow. 

I actually think this is good for a few reasons (certainly there are also reasons that it is bad as well).  (1) it will ensure that the Republican party continues down it's current path rather than declaring the Trump years an anomaly, and this will not allow it to rebrand to gain the voters it has lost since 2016 (e.g., women, the college educated, and suburban votes), or at least it will cleave the party into two groups.  (2) When Trump is a private citizen doing his usual brand of nonsense, everyone outside of his hardcore base will be able to treat it with the unseriousness that it deserves, as opposed to having no choice but take his bull**** seriously because he is actually President.  So Democrats will continue to hold up the caricature of Trump as defining the Republican party without Trump actually holding an incredible amount of real power.  

39 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Although I'm not sure what form it will take (his own TV network, a show on FoxNews, or something else), I do believe that after Trump leaves office he will, unlike all of his predecessors, take on the role of Critic in Chief of the current President until his death.  More than anything, Trump loves attention, and so I can't see a future in which Trump isn't constantly throwing rocks.  As you said, the cult will follow. 

I actually think this is good for a few reasons (certainly there are also reasons that it is bad as well).  (1) it will ensure that the Republican party continues down it's current path rather than declaring the Trump years an anomaly, and this will not allow it to rebrand to gain the voters it has lost since 2016 (e.g., women, the college educated, and suburban votes), or at least it will cleave the party into two groups.  (2) When Trump is a private citizen doing his usual brand of nonsense, everyone outside of his hardcore base will be able to treat it with the unseriousness that it deserves, as opposed to having no choice but take his bull**** seriously because he is actually President.  So Democrats will continue to hold up the caricature of Trump as defining the Republican party without Trump actually holding an incredible amount of real power.  

Trump TV, coming Dec. 2020!

I don't think think waits real long to start Trump TV, if he loses.  I actually could see him resigning if he loses and let Pence finish the term.  He spends 2 weeks after the election, pardoning everyone he needs to pardon. That includes himself and then he resigns. He has Trump TV up and running by Christmas and criticizing Biden and the Dems. 

Trump will still be a factor on the 2024 race, even if he loses.  If Biden only has a close win; I definitely see Trump running in 2024.  By close, I mean Biden has an electoral college win similar to either one of Bush Jr's wins.  2004: 271-266 or 2004: 286-251-1.   Trump will blame his loss on corona and his supporters will agree and renominate him in 2024. 

Or if he doesn't run, he directs his supporters to the most Trumpy 2024 candidate running. There's also a possibility, Ivanka or Don Jr. runs in 2024. 

I  think for Trump to definitely not run in 2024 and to lose his clout in the GOP is for Joe to win convincingly.  It would be great if Joe could duplicate, Obama's 2008 win:365-173 or Clinton's 1992: 370-168 or 1996: 379-159 wins.  I think Joe needs to at least be close to 0bama's 2012 win: 332-206.  Trump can blabber all he wants on TV but a convincing loss and people will move on.  Trump could still run again, even if he loses convincingly; but I think the GOP voters will beat the Trumpsters and move on.  

If Trump loses he's going to be in serious legal jeopardy. I'm not sure we do the pardon thing this time. I really don't see him being either physically or mentally fit enough to run in 2024 either. If he loses he is likely to have a breakdown. Hell, he seems pretty close right now.

2 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

If Trump loses he's going to be in serious legal jeopardy. I'm not sure we do the pardon thing this time. I really don't see him being either physically or mentally fit enough to run in 2024 either. If he loses he is likely to have a breakdown. Hell, he seems pretty close right now.

He physically and mentally not fit now.

Our legal experts will have to answer the pardon question.  Can Trump pardon himself from any crimes he committed as President and pardon himself for crimes he committed before he was president?  I have no doubt, he loses; he will pardon himself.

15 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He physically and mentally not fit now.

Our legal experts will have to answer the pardon question.  Can Trump pardon himself from any crimes he committed as President and pardon himself for crimes he committed before he was president?  I have no doubt, he loses; he will pardon himself.

It's unclear because these questions have never seriously come up before (even Nixon didn't attempt to pardon himself).  So it'll go to SCOTUS and likely come down to Roberts. 

I was going to post those Georgia numbers. I'm not a huge fan of civiqs' polling, though usually it tilts a little towards Trump while this one seems pretty rosy for Dems compared to other polls.

Also polling today that has Biden up 7 in AZ, with Kelly leading the Senate race there by 13.

Archived