Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Oh god I hope Biden opens every response with the 750 dollar question bit. Holy **** I’d be so happy. Trumps head might explode tonight if that happens. 

also Eric trump is somehow dumber than his dad which is a remarkable feat. 

it’s rare a person can say something where there are multiple possible interpretations and all of them contain “he’s an idiot” as part of the interpretation. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Oh god I hope Biden opens every response with the 750 dollar question bit. Holy **** I’d be so happy. Trumps head might explode tonight if that happens. 

also Eric trump is somehow dumber than his dad which is a remarkable feat. 

it’s rare a person can say something where there are multiple possible interpretations and all of them contain “he’s an idiot” as part of the interpretation. 

I would prefer him open with - Just how much did you lose on those FAILED businesses during an economic recovery? And keep emphasising failure over and over again. 

Edit: And when he says, it's just good business. Biden could respond, "So, just to be clear, your goal is to fail?" "Have to give you credit there. You have done a great job at failing!"

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I would prefer him open with - Just how much did you lose on those FAILED businesses during an economic recovery? And keep emphasising failure over and over again. 

i will enjoy direct confrontation on the matter. 

but honestly... From a comedic standpoint, I’d prefer he start with the most obscure (to trump) references that everyone else gets, and work his way towards direct conflict. 

the additional humor of watching to see if trump “got it” (you can watch his brain process things, it’s all over his face) each time and his explosion when he does get it will be great. 

I realize there’s an element of bullying that needs to be a avoided because of the target audience, but otherwise...  

part of me wants Biden at some point to completely unload on him with something contains these highlights:

you’re a stupid person

youre as corrupt as they come

you’re a disgrace to this government and the people it serves

but I realize they’re probably trying to walk a fine line between blasting trump and coming off as a crazy old person being a bully. 

Also, if Biden’s team is crafty enough with prep, there will be an added element of Wallace laughing. He wants to remain invisible but he’s only human. And we saw how his interview with trump went. 

I know what I want the overall takeaway from tonight to be, but I’m not smart enough to know how to get there. Especially juxtaposed with the overall goals of the campaign. 

I want to be open mockery of trump and I want it to contain trump not getting it at first, and then his insecurities causing him to go into a lunatic rage. 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

If Biden doesn’t have comedians writing one or two liners for him, his campaign has failed him.  He needs to show up armed with verbal attacks and just slowly let them loose as the night goes on.  

I thought about this yesterday. 

However my thought was:

if every major comedian didn’t reach out to the campaign immediately to offer their services then our comedians have failed us

(terrible standard I know)

Ok final note on topic I’m beating to death:

we should start a pool based on how many minutes into the debate it takes for trump to fly into a rage over the reporting of his broke-ness. 

All Biden has to do is not take the bait. DOn;t get into a he said she said. Just laugh him off arrogantly. Like oh donald, you say the silliest things. And move on to policy and hammer policy policy policy. 

Chris Wallace needs to stand on trump to keep him from over talking and being the bully. Biden will be Ok there - just as long as he does not get visibly angry. Just keep the **** eating grin on your face the whole time. Will piss trump off to no end and he will explode. Would be hilarious. 

Let's see if Biden takes the bait. He has to know trump with throw the kitchen sink at him - Hunter Biden, spying on his campaign. bidens failures over 46 yrs despite there being other people in congress too.     

Will be interesting if he can push him to suggest to his face biden is taking drugs so biden can then really laugh at him, at least I hope he does. 

Agree with @goskins10 As much as I would love to see Biden hit Trump with some ZINGERS, I think Joe just needs to start off every response to Trump with "What he just said is nonsense, here is how electing me will help you and your family."  And I don't mean just policy, I mean returning to sensible leadership that isn't just a constant careening from scandal to scandal.  

One thing we know from some info posted in this thread a bit ago...it seems that the one thing Trump seemingly always says to everyone is absolutely off-limits is questioning whether he's actually worth as much as he says, or making jokes about it. 

I think Biden should probably not get down into the mud with Trump, but man I'd LOVE to see Trump's head absolutely explode when Biden starts on the tax stuff an immediately suggests that Trump isn't worth nearly as much as he says. 

i think in terms of 'performance' it's most likely that we'll see from biden what biden has consistently shown in all forms of 'debate' on issues over the decades

competence with highs and lows that ebb and flow, none too low or too high, sometimes inspirational, sometimes faltering

it's possible he may exceed that, but i don't think it's at all likely he'll 'blow it' or be 'disappointing' by any reasonable standard

if he's on fire, though, awesome :) 

I feel like Biden's campaign has already set up the contrast that Biden will seek to illustrate.  Park Ave vs. Scranton (which is where the tax stuff will come in), a competent scandal free 8 years with Obama versus a 4 year long scandal including impeachment and multiple felony convictions for associates, empathy versus narcissism.   Biden just has to bring those obvious contrasts to the TV screens, he doesn't have to "win" a debate. 

That said, I really hope Biden has a great response ready for when he (or Wallace) hit Trump with the Covid body count and Trump tries to blame it on Biden and the Obama admin (which is definitely going to happen).  Not so much laying the body count at Trump's feet, although he should do that too, but the broader picture of Trump not taking responsibility for anything bad that happens, even when he is directly responsible. I'm sure Biden's campaign has focus-grouped the **** out of his response to that one.  

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Also, if Biden’s team is crafty enough with prep, there will be an added element of Wallace laughing. He wants to remain invisible but he’s only human. And we saw how his interview with trump went. 

I think his time with Trump deeply impacted him. He’s been pretty hard on Republicans as late. Well, as tough as someone employed by FOX is allowed to get. 

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

All you guys are acting like tonight's debate is an episode of Monday Night Raw.

"Yeah, yeah!!  Biden's gonna hit Trump with the DDT, then a suplex and then pin him after landing on him from the top turnbuckle!!!"  

I wouldn’t be mad if after Trump is introduced, the lights went off and Biden’s music started playing.  

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

I wouldn’t be mad if after Trump is introduced, the lights went off and Biden’s music started playing.  

...or if Biden whacked Donny in the face with a folding chair.

EDIT:

[Oh my god PleaseBlitz is sharing my dreams..]

You guys are really underselling Trump. Sure, he's crazy and incoherent. But he is going to be a bully on that stage. Wallace has already said he isn't fact checking them so Trump's lies with carry as much weight as Biden's truths. Trump can say and do whatever he wants, bully Biden with his lies and come off with authority to his mindless morons. 

And when he says something completely outrageous, the dumbass media will spend 30 minutes covering that after the debate and discussing the merits of it rather than just ignoring it or calling it lunacy and moving on. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all for media to praise Trump after this as the winner that held his own against the experienced Biden. 

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Trump gunning for President is a 500 IQ move.  Think about it, he at least buys himself 4 more years.  I thought he was just trying to enrich himself, but he is going with the big con.  Don't have to pay the IRS if you run the IRS. 

Being president was a dumb move. Running could have worked. Now he's got the attention of all these law enforcement folks and media attention. No one was thinking about Trump laundering money till he won. Now he's got to stay President to try to run out the clock on state and federal investigations. 

Archived